Mugged And Robbed

ronthai

What was the reason for this "personal attack?

I know the guy from a bar where he works. I found out that a few years ago he ripped off a friend of my 3 times (business wise) and also pulled a gun on him.

Therefore I politely, but strongly asked him not to speak to me again. I never even told his boss and as far I was concerned he could stay working there, but just leave me alone.

He made some threatening moves in the bar which I ignored. Later that evening he had a problem with someone else and quite his job.

Basicly that is it

At the expense of possible troll feeding ...

One: Name of said bar, location,

Two: Nothing personal but your coming off kind of gay, were you two lovers,

were the assailants lady boys,

The normal reaction would be to man-up and show some sack,

Talk to us, we're here to help,

help us, help you,

:whistling:

Edited by cobra

A post haa been removed as a poster made his reply to a post inside the quote tags. When replying to certain parts of a post, learn how to use the Insert quotation feature.

30) Do not modify someone else's post in your quoted reply, either with font or color changes, added emoticons, or altered wording.

I know the guy from a bar where he works. I found out that a few years ago he ripped off a friend of my 3 times (business wise) and also pulled a gun on him.

Therefore I politely, but strongly asked him not to speak to me again. I never even told his boss and as far I was concerned he could stay working there, but just leave me alone.

He made some threatening moves in the bar which I ignored. Later that evening he had a problem with someone else and quite his job.

Basicly that is it

At the expense of possible troll feeding ...

One: Name of said bar, location,

Two: Nothing personal but your coming off kind of gay, were you two lovers,

were the assailants lady boys,

The normal reaction would be to man-up and show some sack,

Talk to us, we're here to help,

help us, help you,

:whistling:

Hey 'cobra' in light your comment about you thinking the OP comes off a bit gay and the talk of ladyboys….Do you not think the OP would have 'shown......and seen' enough sack through-out the whole incident? :blink:

Personally I'd be very happy for him to keep his 'sack' hidden.

Edited by metisdead
Font

These stories always make me laugh, Im still waiting to be mugged or have a drunk girlfriend try and kill me or herself or for me to step off a balcony or mow down a motorcyclist or get mugged by the BIB......... dont know what Im doing wrong???

These stories always make me laugh, Im still waiting to be mugged or have a drunk girlfriend try and kill me or herself or for me to step off a balcony or mow down a motorcyclist or get mugged by the BIB......... dont know what Im doing wrong???

You are clearly showing too much sack - try putting it away then people might come near you again :D

You are clearly showing too much sack - try putting it away then people might come near you again :D

What makes you think i want people near me? after all its apparent here on T.V all of the above are bound to happen if I put my sack away.

What makes you think i want people near me? after all its apparent here on T.V all of the above are bound to happen if I put my sack away.

With crazy talk like that 'travelmann' ………You'll never find a 'wingman' chin up...But best show abit of discretion in the sack department, me thinks :rolleyes:

Edited by Tonto21

Uh huh. I know places where a stiff upper lip and a high moral standard will get your throat slit. And no, I'm not talking about Thailand.

When you get on the wrong side of someone with "gang" mentality, the best thing to do is suck it up and make peace, even if you are in the right.

you are now the offical Neville Chamberlain of TV....do not appease or negotiate with criminals

Yep, correct reply.

Going to the police could make things worse.

Basically, if you leave Thais alone, they will leave you alone.

If you've screwed up -- and if you've screwed up badly -- go and see the guys and apologise. Buy them each a bottle of cheap whisky.

ALWAYS avoid getting into trouble with Thai men.

With crazy talk like that 'travelmann' ………You'll never find a 'wingman' chin up... But best show abit of discretion in the sack department, me thinks :rolleyes:

Theres nothing worng with my 1970 shorts :whistling:

my advice before he bullies you some more, either report him or move out of the area....i'd suggest the latter :blink:

Mine is to pull him over the front of the bar when it's bust and kick the <deleted> out of him... then head to the airport. :whistling:

I really feel for you as you are missing a big part of the Thai cultural experience. First you have to change your friends and what you drink. My suggestion would be to begin in Pattaya where there are many old slappers available and start drinking ya dong.

Wandering around after drinking ya dong all day with a middle aged dancer from a third tier club should get you started in the right direction. When your vision starts to fade and your legs get wobbly you are ready to start the night out. This, of course should be after 3AM. Thai clubs are a good place to start around the South end of Soi Bukhow. Pattaya Memorial hospital is a good place to end your first night out and quite reasonable and centrally located. After the hospital patches you up and pumps you full of anti virals a good breakfast can be had across the street at Central road. The coconut milkshakes seem to have a soothing effect.

I have been coming to Thailand since 1970 and no problems yet. Some guys get off the airplane and before they get out of the airport they have problems. I think I am missing the real Thailand.

Yes what w e need is a guide????.................. Kerry seems to know the real Thailand :lol: :lol: :lol:

I have been coming to Thailand since 1970 and no problems yet. Some guys get off the airplane and before they get out of the airport they have problems. I think I am missing the real Thailand.

Yes what w e need is a guide????.................. Kerry seems to know the real Thailand :lol: :lol: :lol:

As long as his sister doesn't live in my hometown and the first place he takes us isn't a jewelry store

never say never fella

Similar to when an young man enters the Wat. It is fun to talk about when it's over but you wouldn't want to do it again. There is no denying it is part of the Thai culture as Aussie rules football is also part of the Aussie culture that not everyone wants to participate in (Hitler outlawed it because it was too violent). I admit it would be fun to revisit the places of my innocent youth but I think I will pass on becoming a guide. However I do think that being robbed and mugged are important rites of passage for the average ex pat in Thailand. The weightless sensation of being thrown from a moving vehicle at high speed is always a rush.

I guess there is a market for a basic training course for expats. Pattaya 3 AM after a quart of ya dong would be like the jungle survival part. We could issue patches to be worn on a polyester singlet next to the Man U logo with a special lady boy qualification oak leaves under the red wings of course.

Been living here since 2004, also amazed at how I can come and go from all parts and venues in Pattaya.

The Good, The Bad and the very Degenerate.

Never have a problem with Thais.

Yet, as you say, some guys have barely unpacked their case??

When saying, "WHY, I DINAE DAE NUTHIN", "OWNLEE, HAVIN A LAFF" :blink:

Edited by tmd5855

There's really nothing the OP can do in this situation. (Most likely he created it.) Except leave or, maybe, pay-off the local commitee-man (poyabahn?). It wasn't a random act, but a personal one. It most likely will never stop.

However, there's always the "Make My Day" approach before leaving. That would be to formally introduce the "gang" to a Louisville Slugger. Separately and individually. Then leave town immediately. You'll feel so much better, and, it may, add something to your persona that would deter further incidents of this kind.

Chalk it up to experience and move out of Pattaya. The OP did not mention Pattaya but it is obvious. You will get no assistance from the police and may even provoke another thrashing. Thugging in Pattaya is sport and the Thai's beat farang with total impunity. Move on. Most of all do not bother with the worthless volunteer cops.

Find out where he lives, what cars he owns etc etc. Report the bike as stolen or don't - may get back to him and you may be traceable due to it. Get out of dodge. A new town/city. Make sure you can't be traced.

Wait a few months. Decide if you want revenge or you want to move on. If you want revenge, return and have his cars destroyed, etc and leave. Don't let him know it's you.

By that time he would have more enemies and will have no clue as to who it was.

You could even take it further and do a COINTELPRO maneuver where you destroy his position in the 'gang' by feeding anonymous information to his friends/police he's been silently screwing them over...... But that takes a lot of thought and planning.

And no I have never done this before thankfully.

I really feel for you as you are missing a big part of the Thai cultural experience. First you have to change your friends and what you drink. My suggestion would be to begin in Pattaya where there are many old slappers available and start drinking ya dong.

Wandering around after drinking ya dong all day with a middle aged dancer from a third tier club should get you started in the right direction. When your vision starts to fade and your legs get wobbly you are ready to start the night out. This, of course should be after 3AM. Thai clubs are a good place to start around the South end of Soi Bukhow. Pattaya Memorial hospital is a good place to end your first night out and quite reasonable and centrally located. After the hospital patches you up and pumps you full of anti virals a good breakfast can be had across the street at Central road. The coconut milkshakes seem to have a soothing effect.

Ah, the voice of experience. Hats off to the been there, done that crowd. You looked the beast in the eye and lived to tell about it. Must be powerful mojo in those amulets you wear. :lol:

• 3 weeks later...