Honda Cbr250/Dealerships In Cnx

jdinasia

I understand the practicalities of people's choices so I am not looking for name and shame (other than something basic like "I would not buy from there")

I am looking at buying a new CBR 250 ABS and was curious if there were any shops that were significantly better than the others on (in this order)

Service

Mods

Price

extras

Try Sangchai Honda on the way to the bus station. They are cheaper in parts compared to Niyom and Saha, so maybe the bikes are cheaper too.

There are quite a few used ones for sale also at the moment on classified sites like thaivisa classified and bahtsold, along with a red/black ninja i saw just today.

Personally I'd get the ninja :ph34r:...but for comfort and chilled out riding the CBR.

Try Sangchai Honda on the way to the bus station. They are cheaper in parts compared to Niyom and Saha, so maybe the bikes are cheaper too.

There are quite a few used ones for sale also at the moment on classified sites like thaivisa classified and bahtsold, along with a red/black ninja i saw just today.

Personally I'd get the ninja :ph34r:...but for comfort and chilled out riding the CBR.

The Ninjaette is a bit more than I want/need. (I could get by on something in the 125cc range ... but hell .. I kept the last bike 9 years now .. time for a serious upgrade!)

The Ninjaette is a bit more than I want/need. (I could get by on something in the 125cc range ... but hell .. I kept the last bike 9 years now .. time for a serious upgrade!)

What about the CBR 150, almost two thirds the price but still a nice looking bike, IMHO better looking than the CBR 250

There is a used Ninja 250 in CM Kawasaki, plate number 711.

It's been stood there for a while now with a do not touch sign on.

May be worth having a word with them and see how much they will take.

The previous owner did take good care of it, I know this as it was mine lol.

I agree the CBR 150 looks a little better than the 250 but both are cheap enough for what they are.

Many many 2nd hand CBR's for sale at the moment for some reason, seems a little strange as they haven't been out long.

May be worth investigating why so many people buy them then sell them so soon after before taking the plunge.

I also used to use the Honda dealers on the 118 for servicing, I did notice about a year ago that their PCX prices were a few thousand cheaper than Niyom Panich as well. That has probably changed now though.

Good luck with your shopping.

One thing I've observed since is that there is no appparent price competition for new bikes. At least, what I have seen is that every model costs the same, even though Honda only 'suggests' retail prices.

And this peculiarity applies to bikes in short supply such as PCX and the new CRB's. Seems odd, since the higher prices might be scattered upward rather than identical.

Something to do with family ownership, perhaps?

Used ninja 250's are going for the same price as used cbr 250's 90-95k ish baht, but maybe a couple years older. Almost everyone I know who's had the CBR 250 upgrades to the Ninja 250.

My friend has a new fuel injected CBR 150 he's thinking about selling to upgrade to a ninja 250. When I sat on it it felt almost exactly like sitting on a cbr 250.

BTW what are you riding right now? I have a cbr 150 and just picked another one up for a friend that's coming into town next week. The one i picked up for my friend runs better than mine! More than likely the valve shims are in closer tolerance. But its nothing that can't be done at the Honda dealer. Maybe you just need a tuneup?

Edited by KRS1

Used ninja 250's are going for the same price as used cbr 250's 90-95k ish baht, but maybe a couple years older. Almost everyone I know who's had the CBR 250 upgrades to the Ninja 250.

My friend has a new fuel injected CBR 150 he's thinking about selling to upgrade to a ninja 250. When I sat on it it felt almost exactly like sitting on a cbr 250.

BTW what are you riding right now? I have a cbr 150 and just picked another one up for a friend that's coming into town next week. The one i picked up for my friend runs better than mine! More than likely the valve shims are in closer tolerance. But its nothing that can't be done at the Honda dealer. Maybe you just need a tuneup?

I ride a Tiger Joker 125 --- 9 years old now.

I am looking for something with a little more fun built in -- but honestly the riding position of a ninja is a bit too forward leaning for me. The CBR is a little less so.

I have looked at some of the old Honda 150 cruisers ... they sit better but are a hair too low for me .. :) Just trying to work things out now. :) I am not locked into the CBR250R but so far I like it.

This thread came just in time for I too want to buy a new Honda. I hope what I'm asking is not hijacking the thread. If I do, I apologize beforehand.

I'm thinking of getting a new CBR150 or 250 or a PCX. My main use of the bike is taking my wife for rides on the countryside enjoying the fresh air and the scenery. I'm not quite sure she will ride though because she's not the adventurous type and rather poorly coordinated. My only experience with a bike was about 900 km on a 4 cylinder 550cc driven exclusively on suburban roads over weekends; and that was almost 30 years ago. I have never ridden any bike since.

Thanks to the posters, I now know where to look and buy next month when I travel up there again.

The Ninja is a bit too forward for 'relaxed' riding as you mentioned, and I suppose the jump from a Joker to a Ninja would be quite a drastic change ! :)

The CBR 250 is a comfortable bike. The new CBR 150 is also a comfortable bike. The old CBR 150 is not an extremely comfortable bike but will still be a few steps up from the joker, and will smoke the new 250, 150 and Ninja when zig zagging through Chiang Mai traffic do to narrower profile and lightweight (but admittedly Chiang Mai traffic isn't all that bad)

If you need to go over 130 kph and cruise at 140 kph i'd get the 250. Better for out of town and especially in the mountains. eg; Samoeng Loop...Doi Suthep however is handled fine by the CBR 150, but more fun on a 250.

If you cruise at 110-130 kph sustained, the cbr 150 suits. The 150 starts to stress at 125 kph. Dont rent any cbr 150's to test drive in Chiang Mai, I've rented 2 in the past and the valve clearances were off, giving an inaccurate depiction of what a well maintained bike is capable of. The bike i picked up today more than surprised me to say the least.

70 kilo rider 5'-7"

just my 2 pesos :)

The Ninja is a bit too forward for 'relaxed' riding as you mentioned, and I suppose the jump from a Joker to a Ninja would be quite a drastic change ! :)

The CBR 250 is a comfortable bike. The new CBR 150 is also a comfortable bike. The old CBR 150 is not an extremely comfortable bike but will still be a few steps up from the joker, and will smoke the new 250, 150 and Ninja when zig zagging through Chiang Mai traffic do to narrower profile and lightweight (but admittedly Chiang Mai traffic isn't all that bad)

If you need to go over 130 kph and cruise at 140 kph i'd get the 250. Better for out of town and especially in the mountains. eg; Samoeng Loop...Doi Suthep however is handled fine by the CBR 150, but more fun on a 250.

If you cruise at 110-130 kph sustained, the cbr 150 suits. The 150 starts to stress at 125 kph. Dont rent any cbr 150's to test drive in Chiang Mai, I've rented 2 in the past and the valve clearances were off, giving an inaccurate depiction of what a well maintained bike is capable of. The bike i picked up today more than surprised me to say the least.

70 kilo rider 5'-7"

just my 2 pesos :)

At 6'1" and 100kg I don't squeeze into most bikes that easily :)

KRS1, good summary.

Would a PCX do the mountains with a pillion rider? Sorry, jdinasia, I need to ask for a quick response.

5' 9 (75kg)with 5' 3(53kg)

Yes, but it will be less stressful on a CBR 250 or Ninja 250. It will strain in certain parts, but the other bikes wont when in the right gear.

CBR 150 stresses with 2 up in the mountains, just as a comparison.

KRS1, thanks.

jdinasia, I wonder if you know or had asked the price for 150CBR ABS.

Sorry, I have not asked.

I can tell you that I have spoken at length with the matrons of a couple of Thai families here in CNX (They both own businesses in the automotive industry) and they recommended Niyom Panich.

edit to add they BOTH said make sure you have insurance that covers theft!

Edited by jdinasia