3G

redsox44

My new 3G smart phone worked wonderfully well. Only problem was I was in Laos. Yea, Laos has an operational 3G system that works!

You can even add Cambodia and Vietnam have 4G for a year now..

Re: 3G in Laos, Cambodia and Vietnam...

Can you share any details? Which service provider did you use? Which frequencies are supported? Which phone model(s) do you use? Which 3G plan did you use? How much for the SIM and plan? Where did you have coverage? How was the performance? Any links to service providers is appreciated.

I am curious about the 4G service...what phone model do you use?

Kind of cheated. Lao friend has a 3G service which by the way was installed by Thai company. Loaded it into my Samsung G ll just to see how well it worked. I must say was rather impressed. That being said being in Lao and not being able to go too far off the beaten path it's hard to say the extent of the service coverage. It's high time the Thai stop thinking about who gets / makes what and begin to think about the customer. Kind of like the soap opera on-going with a former P M.

Kind of cheated. Lao friend has a 3G service which by the way was installed by Thai company. Loaded it into my Samsung G ll just to see how well it worked. I must say was rather impressed. That being said being in Lao and not being able to go too far off the beaten path it's hard to say the extent of the service coverage. It's high time the Thai stop thinking about who gets / makes what and begin to think about the customer. Kind of like the soap opera on-going with a former P M.

OK. Can you at least give us the name of the provider? Where were you? Frequency? Packaging? Pricing? What impressed you about the service?

I guess I can get more details once I know the name of the service provider. I have searched but couldn't find anything.

I have had wonderful 3G service (True & AIS) both in Bangkok & my house in Chiang Mai for a couple years now...