Baan Suan Lalana

Guderian

Hi,

I'm looking for a house, and I've seen one that looks like it's good value to me in Baan Suan Lalana, on Soi Chayapruek. The development seems to be one of the older places in town, but that gives it a pleasant mature feel. I've visited twice and it seems very peaceful and well maintained, which is what I am looking for. The swimming pools look great. The owner of the house tells me that it is well-managed and there are no problems or issues with noise, but he would say that of course. I've learnt over the years that you only really get to know the problems and drawbacks of a place when you have lived there for a while. So if there is any BM who is living in Baan Suan Lalana, or has recently moved out, I should be most grateful to hear what you think of it.

Thanks for any information.

i moved out last year the russians take over

it would be ok,but they are singing and shouting late at night

to many wodka!!

indeed great pool and security

Presumably that's only a problem in the condo buildings? The houses should be OK, shouldn't they?

Yes, until the drunken Russians move into the house next door.

Always a risk, I suppose, but it can't be as bad as a condo. Funnily enough, one of the reasons I want to change from a condo to a house is the noisy Russians who moved in upstairs a while back. :rolleyes:

Does the management at Baan Suan Lalana have a policy on controlling noise? I gather that there are actually three management set-ups, two for the condos and one for the houses. Does anyone have any experience of dealing with the people who manage the houses? I was surprised by how high the monthly maintenance fees are. Most of the villages I have looked at so far have a fee of around 600-800 Baht/month. In Baan Suan Lalana it's 1400 Baht/month for the house I am interested in.

1400 bath/month is a bit over the top, here in moo baan Chalita I pay 10800 a year= 900 a month.

I think it's a bit OTT, too. Jomtien Condotel Village was less than 7000 Baht/year. Pattaya Lagoon was 8000 Baht/year. TW Grand was 7000 Baht/year. So almost 17K/year is a bit steep. At least I'd expect them to keep the noise levels under control for that.

I was surprised by how high the monthly maintenance fees are. Most of the villages I have looked at so far have a fee of around 600-800 Baht/month. In Baan Suan Lalana it's 1400 Baht/month for the house I am interested in.

Doesn't the landlord pay that on house rentals?

I was surprised by how high the monthly maintenance fees are. Most of the villages I have looked at so far have a fee of around 600-800 Baht/month. In Baan Suan Lalana it's 1400 Baht/month for the house I am interested in.

Doesn't the landlord pay that on house rentals?

Normally, yes, but I'm thinking of buying. It would probably be wiser to rent there for 6 months first to see what the village is really like, but this house seems like quite a good deal so if I rented for a while I would lose it as the owner wants a quick sale. OTOH, even if I rented for 6 months and found the place to be perfect, there's no guarantee that it would stay like that, as someone pointed out above. I was wondering if the management has a firm grip on noise problems, but it sounds like they don't, in the condos at least.

Always a risk, I suppose, but it can't be as bad as a condo. Funnily enough, one of the reasons I want to change from a condo to a house is the noisy Russians who moved in upstairs a while back. :rolleyes:

Does the management at Baan Suan Lalana have a policy on controlling noise? I gather that there are actually three management set-ups, two for the condos and one for the houses. Does anyone have any experience of dealing with the people who manage the houses? I was surprised by how high the monthly maintenance fees are. Most of the villages I have looked at so far have a fee of around 600-800 Baht/month. In Baan Suan Lalana it's 1400 Baht/month for the house I am interested in.

mine was 1200bht 3 month

Edited by jeanpierre

I lived there a few years back. I don't think the house owners or renters are allowed to use the swimming pools, they are only for the Condo's. You can pay to use the small pool at the shop. This may have changed so check with the Condo Managment.

mine was 1200bht 3 month

But that was for a condo, wasn't it?

I lived there a few years back. I don't think the house owners or renters are allowed to use the swimming pools, they are only for the Condo's. You can pay to use the small pool at the shop. This may have changed so check with the Condo Managment.

I was told by the house owner that the facilities are communal, and the two swimming pools in the condos can be used. That's certainly worth checking on.

The pools in Baan Suan Lalana seem to be very quiet from my two visits. Nobody swimming, just one or two people taking in the rays. Some other villages I have seen have swimming pools that are being left to rot, as the residents never use them. That's a shame.

I was told by the house owner that the facilities are communal, and the two swimming pools in the condos can be used. That's certainly worth checking on.

The pools in Baan Suan Lalana seem to be very quiet from my two visits. Nobody swimming, just one or two people taking in the rays. Some other villages I have seen have swimming pools that are being left to rot, as the residents never use them. That's a shame.

Our communal pool is normal not used during day time, early morning & late afternoon yes many go for a swim. Only a mad person (farang) will go in board daylight :D

Our communal pool is normal not used during day time, early morning & late afternoon yes many go for a swim. Only a mad person (farang) will go in board daylight :D

you are right only good in the evening past 16.00h

the peopel of the houses come to swim as well just give a fake condo nr in the book

You have to be more careful then ever before if buying any property these days. The reason is the Russians and their way of life. The are very often drunk. When they are drunk, as with most people, it brings out the worst in them. This is greatly increased when thier are groups of them. When they are in groups they often act like bullies, and are intimidating. You cannot reason with them. They are loud, rude, have no manners, or any consideration for any one else. They think that this sort of behavior is normal! They are often very disrepectfu to Westerners, Thais, or really any one else not Russian. This is true wherever they are. Be it a Hotel, Village, Condo neighbors, or even House neighbors. If you dare to stand up to them in any way, or question them. Very quickly they are offended and then it becomes about group intimidation and retaliation. They simply believe that the behavior that they display is normal, and that you better not dare say anything to them about it!