Where Do You Live In Phuket And Why

petercallen

Living in nai Harn, moving to RPM, love the view there and i have never seen so safe place to live, even car park has have own security guard, great place

Have you bought or are you renting?

Place is expensive as a rental.. but well worth it compared to the other places renting for the same prices

Sri chu chak

Yes nice area, it's also samkong. but most comonly refered to as T.Ratsada and Sri chu chank land

I believe you mean Srichuchat which is near to Bypass road. The area around Soi Pracha Utrisit and Soi Phaniang down to Yaowarad Road its probably quiet and with little traffic because its generally will take longer time to drive through there than to follow Yaowarad and Bypass Road.

Is RPM Royal Phuket Mansion?

That was one of the first developments in Nai Harn.

or Royal Phuket Marina? fantastic Marina view and yachtie feeling

Royal Phuket Marina, great place, not bad what you think what you get for your money, and they will not build just outside your window like many places.... :) and each building have own boat berth.

Is RPM Royal Phuket Mansion?

That was one of the first developments in Nai Harn.

or Royal Phuket Marina? fantastic Marina view and yachtie feeling

Royal Phuket Marina, great place, not bad what you think what you get for your money, and they will not build just outside your window like many places.... :) and each building have own boat berth.

yeah, I live in Kata as I am a beachbum, but RPM or Boat Lagoon is where I would move in Phuket if I was to move. A go fast or RIB mored outside livingroomwindow, to reach any beach

yeah, I live in Kata as I am a beachbum, but RPM or Boat Lagoon is where I would move in Phuket if I was to move. A go fast or RIB mored outside livingroomwindow, to reach any beach

I envy you HDRIDER. Many years ago I looked at buying a home in Boat Lagoon with a berth. The new RPM looks even better, although Boat Lagoon always appealed to me as (to me) it's a very Spanish Marina style and reminds me of where I used to live the decade before I moved to Phuket.

just curious, how much is it to rent there? 2 bed with a berth,

just curious, how much is it to rent there? 2 bed with a berth,

way over 60k..

crazy nice inside, unlike most places that look 50 years old with no kitchens

I envy you HDRIDER. Many years ago I looked at buying a home in Boat Lagoon with a berth. The new RPM looks even better, although Boat Lagoon always appealed to me as (to me) it's a very Spanish Marina style and reminds me of where I used to live the decade before I moved to Phuket.

i have had a look at boat lagoon,,, but not a chance to get a big or small bike in, and i will not park on a street outside boat lagoon, that’s why i don’t live there now :( some of the houses is so great inside, had at look inside in 4 houses, very nice, rent month is around 45.000 around 150M3 can be bought for around 8-10mill.

RPM is so much better, inside is a dream, 230M3 can be rented around 70.000 or bought for 25mill so i think you get more for your money

You don’t have a private berth, you share with people from building, if you want boat garage, they have it in the same building, we talk big money, and the apartment is around 350m3

Look at the web site http://aquaminium.royalphuketmarina.com/

Patong, because I like the place and have decent friends both farang and Thai. The missus also likes it here. Patong is not Bangla (I would have been down Bangla less than a handful of times in the past year - mainly to see what is going on with Sea Dragon and other developments). I'm amused by the knockers, who seem to think that they have the divine right to say where people should want to live.

I will be living in a 2 bdr older Thai style home in the southern reaches of Phuket Town. It has a huge living room, dining area/kitchen, front patio, large flat area (called a "terrace") and a back area, just as huge, for whatever as well as a "garden" area bigger than the house. It is also 800 sq. meters. Only 2 km from Lotus Tesco but in one of those roads off of a road off of the main road going south from Phuket Town. I pay 12K BHT (how can I make the baht symbol?) per month with a large yard for my dog. Does not include utilities. It is in a Thai neighborhood; there is not a farang to be seen here! I do not know if this is good or if it is bad! LOL! Yes, I brought my dog with me. I have come here to teach English. I like the quiet. Also there is a Tesco food market 4 minutes away that sells its meat and baked goods at half off at 7 pm every day!

Patong, because I like the place and have decent friends both farang and Thai. The missus also likes it here. Patong is not Bangla (I would have been down Bangla less than a handful of times in the past year - mainly to see what is going on with Sea Dragon and other developments). I'm amused by the knockers, who seem to think that they have the divine right to say where people should want to live.

We all know Patong isn't Phuket but Bangla isn't Patong is a new one on me. :D True though I guess. ;)

There is nothing wrong with people being passionate about where they live, but I agree it's rather pathetic when people seem to get pleasure from slagging other places off. Reminds me of a dog pissing up a lamp post to mark its territory. :D Boring BangTao is one of my favourites. :blink:

Haven't really noticed it on this thread though. Just people talking about places that make them happy, so it's all good. :thumbsup:

i have had a look at boat lagoon,,, but not a chance to get a big or small bike in, and i will not park on a street outside boat lagoon, that’s why i don’t live there now :( some of the houses is so great inside, had at look inside in 4 houses, very nice, rent month is around 45.000 around 150M3 can be bought for around 8-10mill.

RPM is so much better, inside is a dream, 230M3 can be rented around 70.000 or bought for 25mill so i think you get more for your money

You don’t have a private berth, you share with people from building, if you want boat garage, they have it in the same building, we talk big money, and the apartment is around 350m3

Look at the web site http://aquaminium.ro...uketmarina.com/

Had a look at Boat Lagoon townhouse, newly decorated 2bedroom, livingroom downstairs. Would have to knock out the front door/wall to get bike inside, but thats ok. sold at 4 million baht with 14 meter berth outside its own terrace. Missed it by few days :(

agree on RPM beeing on a totally different level, and plenty of underground parking. BL still more charming tho

Had a look at Boat Lagoon townhouse, newly decorated 2bedroom, livingroom downstairs. Would have to knock out the front door/wall to get bike inside, but thats ok. sold at 4 million baht with 14 meter berth outside its own terrace. Missed it by few days :(

I think HDRIDER's point was that motor bikes are not allowed inside the complex. All bikes must park in the bike parking area before security point. Very strict on that rule.

I think HDRIDER's point was that motor bikes are not allowed inside the complex. All bikes must park in the bike parking area before security point. Very strict on that rule.

Wow, glad I missed it then, no chance I leave my bikes in a common bike parking every night/day

Wow, glad I missed it then, no chance I leave my bikes in a common bike parking every night/day

not only that but you have to WALK a full KM and more. Get back home when it starts raining. no go. Park and walk.

Go on a sunday ride on your bike for a bite at the lagoon. Walk a goddamn KM.

It's a place for elitist that are not elite, RPM brings you as many amenities at the same price with 20x the class and building standard.

Underground parking common area for the bikes. 24hrs security and clear CCTV.

Every car and bike going in and out is logged in at night