Wedding Day Costs

AussieTrent

We are currently booking our wedding.

So far we have booked catering (food, tables & chairs and cleanup) 1000bht per table (8-10 Heads per table)

Entertainment, 12 piece band, 4 singers 6 dancers on a 6 metre stage for 4-5 hours 12,000bht

how am I going so far?

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's her and the families wedding, just say how much you can afford and let them take care of it. Your job is to do as you as told. Keep a bottle of whiskey handy and just go with the flow. Jim

Don't let 'em know your a cheapster, Jim.

An expensive affair goes along way in future connections with the family and community.

What's always bedazzled me is that some Thai families will take out a bank loan to cover the cost and face.

Fortunately, 7 out of 10 Farang have the means to afford these extravaganzas without breaking completely.

B300,000 - B400,000 is the very limit. All inclusive - the ceremony, gold baht, sin sod, the 1-3 day party, etc.

And if they can't appreciated it - <deleted> 'em.

Mine cost 180,000, with the Buddhist ceremony in the morning and the party at night. Approx 200guests came along.

WOW, big doo. :huh:

Dumb it was on a Sunday, but actually good for me as if it had been more it would have been more expensive haha

It's her and the families wedding, just say how much you can afford and let them take care of it. Your job is to do as you as told. Keep a bottle of whiskey handy and just go with the flow. Jim

An expensive affair goes along way in future connections with the family and community.

What's always bedazzled me is that some Thai families will take out a bank loan to cover the cost and face.

Fortunately, 7 out of 10 Farang have the means to afford these extravaganzas without breaking completely.

B300,000 - B400,000 is the very limit. All inclusive - the ceremony, gold baht, sin sod, the 1-3 day party, etc.

My pal spent 400,000k, 3 years on divorced, she was shagging guys with hopefully more cash. She has nothing now, sad story. ;)

It's all about face [ show ] Sin Sod can be said and never paid, gold can be show and returned. or on time payments. If you put on a good show everyone is happy. My MIL sold the gold to by fertilizer for us one year and has never been returned, she's happy that she lives with us and the grand kids her future is secure. FIL gave the wife 20,000 Baht a few months age, she was a bit short. It's all in the family. jim

It's all about face [ show ] Sin Sod can be said and never paid, gold can be show and returned. or on time payments. If you put on a good show everyone is happy. My MIL sold the gold to by fertilizer for us one year and has never been returned, she's happy that she lives with us and the grand kids her future is secure. FIL gave the wife 20,000 Baht a few months age, she was a bit short. It's all in the family. jim

Should really have said, they only keep me round because the kids would miss me. Not really that important anymore. Jim

Spend as little as you can on this and spend the rest on the house.. Dont understand why people spend so much on weddings.. the fun of a wedding is being the guest.. throwing one is crap

Pay for the "farang mansion" in Isaan, put in families name, buy the car put in familes name, and hand all the family members their own personalised ATM cards with access to your bank account and you will not have to worry about paying for the wedding/showing face as they will be happy.....:whistling:

I left the wife to organise ours, around 45 to 50 guests, tables and chairs came from the local school, wife, MIL, and wife's aunt did all the cooking the night before and early morning, seafood and chicken dishes with muggins adding a bit of UK cuisine with my home made fish soup, a 5kg of coconut ice cream supplied in the stainless steel Urn (or whatever you call it) from local source, 12bottles of thai whiskey, 1 case of beer, 2 bottles of champers, 2 cases of coke and 2 of water and a bottle of Macallan's scottish whisky, including dress for wife and some decorations around the house all in I think about 40,000,, A selection of framed wedding photos with a CD of the other photos cost another 6500 if I remember correctly,

I left the wife to organise ours, around 45 to 50 guests, tables and chairs came from the local school, wife, MIL, and wife's aunt did all the cooking the night before and early morning, seafood and chicken dishes with muggins adding a bit of UK cuisine with my home made fish soup, a 5kg of coconut ice cream supplied in the stainless steel Urn (or whatever you call it) from local source, 12bottles of thai whiskey, 1 case of beer, 2 bottles of champers, 2 cases of coke and 2 of water and a bottle of Macallan's scottish whisky, including dress for wife and some decorations around the house all in I think about 40,000,, A selection of framed wedding photos with a CD of the other photos cost another 6500 if I remember correctly,

1 case of beer and 50 guests. That would be a half glass of beer per person. :rolleyes:

1 case of beer and 50 guests. That would be a half glass of beer per person. :rolleyes:

:cheesy: Not true what they say about the sweaties is it

Ive gone cold all over bbrrrrrhhh lol lol

You mentioned the word "marriage" , sorry .but us oldies thought it would last forever, paid through the nose for the big day, had a great time, probably kissed the new wife wearing rose tinted glasses, ( christ you learn quick though)

Just a piece of good advice PLEASE keep it resonable (money wise) and have a great day and marriage.

Remenber,always expect the unexpected, and when it happens (and it will) think back and dont make the same mistake/judgement again.

Cheers

Paul

Not sure about yours, but none of the wife's female family members drink beer :bah: ,, and most of the men prefer their thai whisky,,,, the macallan was for myself by the way :) since I'm not a beer drinker myself,, as I said it was the wife that organised it, although the Champers and the Macallan's came from the Dubai duty free on the way home from work,,,

Yeh, l left early. :lol:

Paying all this out and how many are truly married in the eyes of Thai law or international law ?

Mine all done at the government building for under 1000 bt for the paperwork and translation.

I will have a party for 400 per person at a near by resort includes all

Paying all this out and how many are truly married in the eyes of Thai law or international law ?

Mine all done at the government building for under 1000 bt for the paperwork and translation.

Unfortunately there isn't much real meaning to a big party for the lady only that it is a '' show '' thing for the village. They will come, sit, eat and go home, usually after 2 hours with their doggy bags of grub and a bottle of 100 pipers inside the jacket. :lol:

Unfortunately there isn't much real meaning to a big party for the lady only that it is a '' show '' thing for the village. They will come, sit, eat and go home, usually after 2 hours with their doggy bags of grub and a bottle of 100 pipers inside the jacket. :lol:

Not to many moons ago,,It used to be a bottle of Sang Som under there jacket...rolleyes.gif

If not legal, what's the point? When and where will the party be? :D

If not legal, what's the point? When and where will the party be? :D

Good question and l promise not to put 100 Pipers under my jacket :), l will load the truck up instead, well, when in Rome. :lol:

Will be getting married later this year,,and looking at some of the prices quoted by some members,,the misses to be is spot on with her quote.

She will invite about 100 people family and friends ETC ..Total Bash with Food,Wedding dress,monks and 1 or 2 bottle of beer and whiskey per table for guests.she said it will all cost about 100,000 baht which i think is ok.

Already told her there better be more than 1 or 2 bottles of beer on my table or it might be a early divorce whistling.gif

cost me 150 baht to get married at the government office. :D

wife didnt want any party. she explained it would make more sense to spend it on our house. "why do want to buy beer and whiskey for the whole village ? if we were broke tomorrow do you think any of them would come to help us ? No."

Sensible woman my wife. thats why i luvs her.

her mum even advised the same. nice lady

so money was spent on our house, and it looks good.

friend of mine 5 doors up spent a shed load on a party for the whole village. he was the flavour of the month (for about a week) then he was that dam_n farrang stealing our women again. his wife is also cheating on him, when hes away earning more money.

so my advice is..............dont do it. spend it on a nice holiday for both of you when you get married and the rest on a nice start on your new home or on stuff you need done on your present home.

anyway i wish you the best of luck on your wedding day, no matter what you decide to do. :D

cost me 150 baht to get married at the government office. :D

wife didnt want any party. she explained it would make more sense to spend it on our house. "why do want to buy beer and whiskey for the whole village ? if we were broke tomorrow do you think any of them would come to help us ? No."

Sensible woman my wife. thats why i luvs her.

her mum even advised the same. nice lady

so money was spent on our house, and it looks good.

friend of mine 5 doors up spent a shed load on a party for the whole village. he was the flavour of the month (for about a week) then he was that dam_n farrang stealing our women again. his wife is also cheating on him, when hes away earning more money.

so my advice is..............dont do it. spend it on a nice holiday for both of you when you get married and the rest on a nice start on your new home or on stuff you need done on your present home.

anyway i wish you the best of luck on your wedding day, no matter what you decide to do. :D

cost me 150 baht to get married at the government office

You must have got some extra service. I think the normal rate is about 40 Baht. :)

cost me 150 baht to get married at the government office

You must have got some extra service. I think the normal rate is about 40 Baht. :)

Maybe he splashed out on a Chauffeur driven Tuk Tuk for is special daywhistling.gif