Apple Is Bullshit

robblok

After being a pc freak for years i decided to get an ipad. Everyone is always raving about how good apple is. It is NOT.

First off why do you need a credit card to download free apps ? Its crazy. So here i am trying to get it to work with my Dutch credit card in Thailand. Guess what it won't. Then i read about paypal and itunes store. I think great i got a paypal account that will be easier as with my creditcard.

Tough luck again will only work with stores in certain countries. Not the Netherlands or Thailand.

Thing is you can't do much with an ipad when you cant get your apps. Sure i could go and have them jailbreak it or load it full with apps. But then i have to go to the same shop to update it all the time.

I think apple suck big time at this point. Not to mention the times the stupid thing already froze while reading one of my larger tax pdf's.

Great marketing but at least with a windows machine i can buy my software or download software for free without a Thai credit card.

I am however looking into getting a Thai debit card to solve this problem. But IMHO this is a load of crap from apple.

I like the concept of the IPAD but not how the whole apps thing is worked out.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Trade it in for an android driven pad. You'll love it, promise!

- Open source Linux based OS

- Developer platform free to download, make your own apps

- Sideloading just a checkbox away (download apps from everywhere, not just the market)

- LOADs of free or ad-supported apps

It's no wonder Apple is fighting Google so hard on every front, they see the writing on the wall.

I guess if you really are unhappy with it, you probably can sell it very, very easy at a price very near what you paid for it, and end your misery.

I guess i could, but id be loosing money because apple is a crap company. Is it so hard to validate foreign credit cards of make paypal available to everyone.

Seems the oh so great apple is just like Microsoft, not client friendly at all.

Seems i fell for their marketing tricks

click on a free app, and then set up your itunes account. If you clicked on the free app only, then there will be a box that says "no credit card" to click. This is the only way to get to that window

I tried that a few time (even made 3 accounts for some reason it did not work). Im either out of luck or have to wait till i get a K bank debit card.

But such a hassle to go through because the almighty Apple does not have its things in order.

I like the concept of the ipad (except that the screen gets a bit dirty from greasy fingers) but i guess all the touchscreen devices have that.

Trade it in for an android driven pad. You'll love it, promise!

- Open source Linux based OS

- Developer platform free to download, make your own apps

- Sideloading just a checkbox away (download apps from everywhere, not just the market)

- LOADs of free or ad-supported apps

It's no wonder Apple is fighting Google so hard on every front, they see the writing on the wall.

I was thinking about that before but i guess i fell for the marketing gimmick of Apple. Seems only the real fan boys are crazy about the device.

Still it looks nice and if the shop portal was better i would not have complained.

I did experience freezes in big pdf (500mb and i have to switch the device off and reboot to get it to work again) documents while every Apple fanatic that i know always claims there are never problems with freezes and its a windows thing.

Can you get someone to set the account up in your home country that would work.

Good idea ill get one of my close friends to set it up. Just hope my credit card isnt blocked by apple now. Because it now says i have to use an other means of payment.

Its a bit strange that i have to go to such measures with a good credit card. Im going to see what is faster getting a k bank debit card (good think i have a k bank account already) or setting it up with a friend.

I don't think your card would be blocked ,also you could call apple and talk them about this as you are under warrant and set up assistance is given . I have found apple support to be very good.

I made a call to apple, like you said they were real nice but because it was not a technical problem they could not help me. They did however point me in the direction of an email adres for support. Lets wait and see.

You don't need a credit card to download free apps.

Apple even tell you how to do it:

App Store without credit card

Apple Bullshit....???

maybe its too complicated for you to figure out? Try this one instead and sell your iPad 2:

ixl-toy-games-photo-260-FF1110TOYA16.jpg

Did i ruffle the feathers of a mac fanboy with my legitimate complaints ?

Its seems so cant accept that Apple has its faults too... It does. and if you dont believe i seriously have an ipad then there are ways to prove that.

@negreanu

Credit where credit is due, it does work this way. Now i can get free apps that is at least one step up. Now for the creditcard or paypal thing.

I still find its flawed about the paypal / creditcard thing

Not really just pointless with generalisation that Apple is Bullshit as a thread title. While all it was is you could not figure it out.

Enjoy the free apps :)

Its not that.. its when i got the machine the whole night 5002 errors.. Then this shit with the creditcard.

Just feels like apple is not all its cracked up to be. Just that everyone is always saying apple is so good apple is this apple is that. While if i compare it now with my pc experience its just as flawed.

Was just frustrated i fell for the hype like a sheep. Its an ok thing the ipad2, it does what i want it to do. But this has just shown me apple to be just an other company and not god like some people here like others to believe.

I still hope they fix the creditcard thing because i want to buy stuff too (certain e books and so on)

Join the US store. Using any us address and buy US gift vouchers from:

www.epointsdelivered.com.

US Store has much much more content on tv shows, music, movies and apps.

Or get a Usunlocked.com Visa card.

Edited by negreanu

I will put you out of your misery and give you 10,000 for it.

Ah yes that would be the right price for a ipad2 32 3g and leather protector and some kind of hard plastic back cover. It cost me 26k. So nope.. i would not go for that offer.

So far im calling credit card companies to see if the mistake is made there or at apple. So i will have more to say once they process my complaint.

Ah yes that would be the right price for a ipad2 32 3g and leather protector and some kind of hard plastic back cover. It cost me 26k. So nope.. i would not go for that offer.

So far im calling credit card companies to see if the mistake is made there or at apple. So i will have more to say once they process my complaint.

Seems to me to fit the expression...'Boys with their Toys"whistling.gif

Did you try switching stores to the Dutch one before entering your Dutch credit card details? In general if you want to use the Thai store then you will need a Thai credit card, same for all countries. Otherwise everybody would just join the US store and Apple, music labels, movie companies etc. wouldn't be able to continue ripping off non US people. You can change stores through iTunes on a computer, not sure how it's done on the iPad.

I want to use it mainly for business. (reading tax updates and tax books). I thought about kindle first but its a bit small plus many of my tax books have loads of colors and i get a lot of tax articles by email.

same for all countries. Otherwise everybody would just join the US store and Apple, music labels, movie companies etc.

Most in the know do. Anyone who uses iTunes a lot knows that the only store worth joining is the US one.

Been using the above methods i mentioned above in previous post for 3 years on US Store from Thailand.

same for all countries. Otherwise everybody would just join the US store and Apple, music labels, movie companies etc.

Most in the know do. Anyone who uses iTunes a lot knows that the only store worth joining is the US one.

Been using the above methods i mentioned above in previous post for 3 years on US Store from Thailand.

Thanks for the tips, would be good to avoid the whole hassle.

^ that's an awesome service!

Is the world-wide, or rest-of-the-world app store that much worse than the US one? I thought most apps are simply available everywhere?

For music and tv, clearly the markets are just as separated as the real world ones, (no) thanks to the rights holders. But for apps?

I only have the US store so I don't know.

^ that's an awesome service!

Is the world-wide, or rest-of-the-world app store that much worse than the US one? I thought most apps are simply available everywhere?

For music and tv, clearly the markets are just as separated as the real world ones, (no) thanks to the rights holders. But for apps?

I only have the US store so I don't know.

I like that i know of it now but i think its appalling that there are such divisions. When Microsoft does it (and they do) everyone calls them evil, but for apple it seems to be ok.

I will follow the advice of the people here. I like the ipad as a product it is the e reader that i wanted to have and more (obviously i will use it for more else it was a poor choice).

Thing is after all the apple is great apple is the best ect i did not expect these kind of tricks from them. Seems they are just a company who was hyped a bit too much creating false expectations.

Just some advice for people who like me like to read get the kindle app too there is a larger selection of books and of course there are the free ebooks you can get everywhere. The selection the apple store has is a bit limited.

Does anyone has a suggestion for a good provider. I got AIS because i thought with its 3g it might have a good edge network too... it does not.

At home its no problem got a wifi router here and it gives me good internet. But when im out fishing and i want to see some stuff on the internet it does not even have signal and its in the suburbs of Bangkok.

I want to use it mainly for business. (reading tax updates and tax books). I thought about kindle first but its a bit small plus many of my tax books have loads of colors and i get a lot of tax articles by email.

Kindle isn't great at handling PDF files. The Sony range of e-readers are better for those who have a lot of PDF stuff to read.