700 Year Stadium

Lobo4819

Can anyone provide me with good directions to 700 Year Stadium? I've heard that it also goes by another name, but am unable to locate it on any of my maps and it isn't listed in my GPS. I would be coming from east of town. Am trying to find the lap pool.

Northwest end of Middle Ring Road. It.s on the opposite side of the canal road. Latitude 18°50'23.14"N; Longitude 98°57'53.65"E.

I don't know if it is the lap pool, but the swimming pool you would take a right at that intersection then the next left enters with the swimming pool on your left.

MSPain

Edited by hml367

Northwest end of Middle Ring Road. It.s on the opposite side of the canal road. Latitude 18°50'23.14"N; Longitude 98°57'53.65"E.

I don't know if it is the lap pool, but the swimming pool you would take a right at that intersection then the next left enters with the swimming pool on your left.

MSPain

I think the middle ring road is the one that terminates at CM City Hall complex after you go under Mae Rim Road. After you reach the second stop light, you will be facing the entire Sports Complex more or less to your right, built for the Asian Games when they were in Chiang Mai.

If you proceed straight across the canal road, Highway 121, you will enter the South Gate to the complex and then you much drive around the complex with many speed bumps, but it is a good familiarization drive. You will eventually reach the pool complex, which is a right turn going this way, it is located just before you reach the North Gate to exit. The pool complex is located just adjacent to the canal which abuts the complex to its east.

To avoid this experience, turn right when you reach Highway 121 and then make a left at the first opportunity. You will be entering the complex through the North gate and the first left turn opportunity puts you in front of the pool complex on your left. There are signs in English with arrows to make the turn once your in the complex.

MSPain

Longitude coordinate appears to be incorrect, could you confirm?

MSPain

I think the middle ring road is the one that terminates at CM City Hall complex after you go under Mae Rim Road. After you reach the second stop light, you will be facing the entire Sports Complex more or less to your right, built for the Asian Games when they were in Chiang Mai.

If you proceed straight across the canal road, Highway 121, you will enter the South Gate to the complex and then you much drive around the complex with many speed bumps, but it is a good familiarization drive. You will eventually reach the pool complex, which is a right turn going this way, it is located just before you reach the North Gate to exit. The pool complex is located just adjacent to the canal which abuts the complex to its east.

To avoid this experience, turn right when you reach Highway 121 and then make a left at the first opportunity. You will be entering the complex through the North gate and the first left turn opportunity puts you in front of the pool complex on your left. There are signs in English with arrows to make the turn once your in the complex.

Thanks, will try later today.

MSPain

Thanks, will try later today.

Hope you aren't trying to drive into the complex today, as I gather the big touring car race is happening again today...

MSPain

Longitude coordinate appears to be incorrect, could you confirm?

those are the long and lat from Google Earth. Came up the same this morning. That is at the intersection of the end of Middle Ring Road and the canal road.

MPSpain