Fast, Fun Car - Tuning? Where?

Skoda vRS seems like quite good value for money, if I was in the market for a new car, would definitely consider it... But yeah, for the same price you could buy a 2nd hand Impreza STi, so it's all about choices.

BTW 4A-GE turbo swap in my lil Yaris is almost done, but I would not recommend it to anyone, 8 months in the garage to get all the little electrical gremlins worked out.... but it's a beast :D

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Skoda vRS seems like quite good value for money, if I was in the market for a new car, would definitely consider it... But yeah, for the same price you could buy a 2nd hand Impreza STi, so it's all about choices.

BTW 4A-GE turbo swap in my lil Yaris is almost done, but I would not recommend it to anyone, 8 months in the garage to get all the little electrical gremlins worked out.... but it's a beast biggrin.png

any pics love to see how the conversion looks and more details

cheers

BTW 4A-GE turbo swap in my lil Yaris is almost done, but I would not recommend it to anyone, 8 months in the garage to get all the little electrical gremlins worked out.... but it's a beast biggrin.png

cheers

It's not quite done yet, so I'll have proper pics and video once it's done (end of the month!), but here's a preview

It's a 4A-GZE (originally supercharged, but now turbo'ed instead), with an IHI VF36 ball-bearing turbo, fully custom exhaust, HKS F-con Vpro 2 management. While I think this engine is one of the best 4-cylinders Toyota has ever made (relatively lightweight iron block, with original factory reinforced components, it can take up to 300hp without touching any internals), I would not recommend this swap, as the engine is actually large and the car small, the frame rails had to be slimmed down, and it took forever to get the electronics to play nice with each other. But the results ought to be fun fun fun :D

• 2 weeks later...

cheers

It's not quite done yet, so I'll have proper pics and video once it's done (end of the month!), but here's a preview

It's a 4A-GZE (originally supercharged, but now turbo'ed instead), with an IHI VF36 ball-bearing turbo, fully custom exhaust, HKS F-con Vpro 2 management. While I think this engine is one of the best 4-cylinders Toyota has ever made (relatively lightweight iron block, with original factory reinforced components, it can take up to 300hp without touching any internals), I would not recommend this swap, as the engine is actually large and the car small, the frame rails had to be slimmed down, and it took forever to get the electronics to play nice with each other. But the results ought to be fun fun fun biggrin.png

Thanks for posting, is good to see what is possable, do you think 2ZZ-GE (from later model Celica 190) would have been an easier swap? cheers