Dtac

sorensenRobert

I have been a long time customer with DTAC/IEC but a minor error in my bill, a simple mistake and they over charged me by 300 baht, just seem to spiral out of control.

I have tried to contact DTAC/IEC through their wed site and call centers for more than a month now and even though they have admitted to the mistake and promised that it will be corrected, NOTHING have happened. They seem to think that the problem will just go away if they ignore it long enough.

This morning my phone was was finally disconnected and DTAC due to DTAC's lack in respone. I have been a D-max customer for 4 years and this is the customer service DTAC is giving.

Does DTAC really have the worst customer service in the History of the World or does anybody have a different experience??

Maybe a direct phone number or E-mail to somebody in charge and with a sence of responsibility to take action.

I have been a customer for 5 years and am going to change.

They are too expensive compared to all the other services.

I have another sim card for Orange which gives me 4 baht per call regardless of the length. The signal is not quite as good but good enough. I am in the middle of Isaan right now.

It took me 6 months to sort out a payment problem with True. I made the big mistake of paying a month in advance, which took 3 people and a call to head office to find out how to process such a payment. That should have warned me. It was never credited to my account and despite having all the receipts it took six months before they agreed they had neglected to credit my account with the advance payment.

Did a similar thing with CAT and AIS, no problem at all. I guess no-one ever pays their True bill in Advance if the lack of knowledge on how to process it was anything to go by.

Thanks for your advise, I guess I am better of dropping DTAC all together and go for Orange. Unfortunately AIS don't work in my high rise building in the center of BKK. Something about to many signals overlapping.

Really LOW service quality at DTAC they they don't even return a customers call!!!

I have tried to contact DTAC/IEC through their wed site and call centers for more than a month now and even though they have admitted to the mistake and promised that it will be corrected, NOTHING have happened. They seem to think that the problem will just go away if they ignore it long enough.

Personally I would not try to sort out problems like this via email, websites or on the phone; sure that works in the West but here it seems like problems are best sorted out face-to-face?. I would just go to a DTAC shop, sit down and review the problem. They have shops everywhere, I'd pick one in a big mall like MBK or All Seasons Place in hopes of getting a CSR who can speak English.

I've had good experiences with AIS customer service in the past (though I no longer use them). DTAC C/S is definitely worse, and they have developed an annoying habit of ringing me up to pitch 'special offers' at me. Captive telemarketing...

One nice thing DTAC did do recently was to ring me up and ask if I wanted my bill in English. That was actually helpful...

if u want good c/s from dtacgo to their cust serv centre in world trade floor 6 - my experience has been generally good so far and have not had a problem paying in advance and they sorted my gprs problems out straight away - but best to visit in person - you can enjoy the free drinks, and comfy chairs too...

It took me 6 months to sort out a payment problem with True. I made the big mistake of paying a month in advance, which took 3 people and a call to head office to find out how to process such a payment. That should have warned me. It was never credited to my account and despite having all the receipts it took six months before they agreed they had neglected to credit my account with the advance payment.

Did a similar thing with CAT and AIS, no problem at all. I guess no-one ever pays their True bill in Advance if the lack of knowledge on how to process it was anything to go by.

I pay them in advance regularly, works very well once you find someone of their staff who knows how to do it (most don't). If I cannot find someone who knows how to do it I call their call center on my mobile when I am at the counter and have the call center agent explain it to the staff at the counter. Works very well.

Personally I would not try to sort out problems like this via email, websites or on the phone; sure that works in the West but here it seems like problems are best sorted out face-to-face?. I would just go to a DTAC shop, sit down and review the problem. They have shops everywhere, I'd pick one in a big mall like MBK or All Seasons Place in hopes of getting a CSR who can speak English.

you must go to a DTAC customer service center, not just a DTAC shop. Eg the one at World Trade, I have good experiences with them too. They have English speaking staff too. Call center shopuld be ok, too.

my experience with the call centre is cr4p - go to world trade and you will be taken care of well - there are quite a few people there who have a good level of english and even if you go at the end of the day you will be the n'th freigner there - where n is less than 5 - so you are a novelty and some of the staff there quite like speaking english - last time i had 5 people helping me - dont know why but it felt good...