Yingluck Ranks 59th In Forbes' Most Powerful Women

webfact

Yingluck ranks 59th in Forbes' most powerful women

news2011-08-27_00-16-15_255408270001_Yingluck14.jpg

BANGKOK, 27 August 2011 (NNT) – Prime Minister Yingluck Shinawatra is ranked 59th as the World’s Most Powerful Woman in 2011 by Forbes magazine, along with other globally recognised female political and business leaders.

German Chancellor Angela Merkel is ranked first on the list of 100 most powerful women of the world, followed by US Secretary of State Hillary Rodham Clinton, Brazilian President Dilma Rousseff, Pepsi Co CEO Indra Nooyi and Facebook COO Sheryl Sandberg.

No 6 to 10 in the list are Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation Cofounder and Cochair Melinda Gates, Indian National Congress Party President Sonia Gandhi, US First Lady Michelle Obama, International Monetary Fund Managing Director Christine Lagarde and Kraft Foods CEO Irene Rosenfeld.

Ms Yingluck’s ranking is above Harry Potter author Joanne (JK) Rowling, Temasek Holdings CEO Ho Ching and others.

Forbes magazine described that Ms Yingluck took her office with a vow to reunite the nation while her greatest challenge was to step out of the shadow of her own brother ex-Prime Minister Police Lieutenant Colonel Thaksin Shinawatra.

nntlogo.jpg

-- NNT 2011-08-27 footer_n.gif

"Powerful Women"

Nowhere in this illustrious list of 100 "powerful' women is mentioned one of the most recognizable women in the world.

Someone whose name does not need to be mentioned, well maybe outside her own country, known as ":THE LADY"

Aung San Suu Kyi has held the Burmese Generals at bay for the last 20 years by her quiet strength.

She could fill the largest stadium in the world with her followers and fans.

She makes many on this list look like amateurs.

I think she has very little power. She wont sneeze without checking with Khun T

And she occupies the #1 position in the world's most powerful clone list. In fact, she's the only one listed...

I'd guess she's the 3rd or 4th most powerful woman in her own family.

It's amazing how someone of considerably little talent but with the right connections, can rise to such a powerful and important position.

Sadly, this statement is applicable to most politicians and managers today :-(

Funny how even though she's PM, she only ranks 59: Must have taken into account the CLONE FACTOR :D ...

A 'real' PM should be in the top 20 at least. One of many bitter sweet moments for her in recent weeks. I expect she's getting used to it, so rich in monetary terms and yet she probably feels very empty and twisted inside. I bet she dreads the phone calls from her brother telling her how its gonna be. She should sever ties with her brother, it's her ONLY hope, if she is to hold onto power.

how seriously one takes such a listing as this Forbes one . . . when at #11 is Lady Gaga, and #18 Beyonce

.355_BEYO.jpg

there, that's brightened up the thread

:cheesy:

Thanks for the proper perspective of this comical "list".

say... those aren't copyrighted photos are they?

Maybe Yingluck would look better in Beyonce's wardrobe. Just a fleeting thought!

It's amazing how someone of considerably little talent but with the right connections, can rise to such a powerful and important position.

Little known by the public, in fact Yingluck is not that new and inexperienced in politics as we are given to believe.

At least as early as November 2009 (but probably even before), Yingluck was involved in Phuea Thai politics and already at that time PT insiders referred to her as Thailand's next PM.

From relative obscurity, 49 days prior, to making the most powerful list.

Amazing Thailand.

I would suggest that is a case of "Amazing Forbes", who are these pundits that pontificate as they are akin to the Oracles of Delphi?

Well she's been installed in a job guaranteed to age her visibly in a few months. The eyes are showing the strain just getting through the policy speeches....

If she lasts 4 years with Thailand absurd politics, she's look a bit like Indira Ghandi or Golda Meir. Ok, well maybe not that soon, but I woud wish this on any beautiful woman, because it ain't gonna be nice gaining and keeping power and influence in Thai politics..

Edited by animatic

Well she's been installed in a job guaranteed to age her visibly in a few months. The eyes are showing the strain just getting through the policy speeches....

If she lasts 4 years with Thailand absurd politics, she's look a bit like Indira Ghandi or Golda Meir. Ok, well maybe not that soon, but I woud wish this on any beautiful woman, because it ain't gonna be nice gaining and keeping power and influence in Thai politics..

Oh guys, you lose your time to answer to the press business rankings (Forbes included).A.Merkel of Germany, Lady Gaga, the sexual performance of .... (12 ladies in two hours), a mixture for greedy information addicted.

Little known by the public, in fact Yingluck is not that new and inexperienced in politics as we are given to believe.

At least as early as November 2009 (but probably even before), Yingluck was involved in Phuea Thai politics and already at that time PT insiders referred to her as Thailand's next PM.

The wiki article on Ms. Yingluck has some interesting titbits regarding her political career. Like

"However, in a subsequent cable dated 25 November 2009, the Ambassador noted that in a meeting with Yingluck, she spoke with confidence about the "operations, strategy and goals" of the Pheu Thai party and seemed "far more poised" than in previous meetings."

"The ultimate decision was made by Thaksin. "Some said she is my nominee. That's not true. But it can be said that Yingluck is my clone... Another important thing is that Ms Yingluck is my sister and she can make decisions for me. She can say 'yes' or 'no' on my behalf," Thaksin noted in an interview."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yingluck_Shinawatra

If she lasts 4 years with Thailand absurd politics, she's look a bit like Indira Ghandi or Golda Meir. Ok, well maybe not that soon, but I wouldn't wish this on any beautiful woman, because it ain't gonna be nice gaining and keeping power and influence in Thai politics..

Oh guys, you lose your time to answer to the press business rankings (Forbes included).A.Merkel of Germany, Lady Gaga, the sexual performance of .... (12 ladies in two hours), a mixture for greedy information addicted.

Just making an observation , made obvious by the OP picture.