Current Catfish Farmgate Price Per Kg

I have 9 ponds all in varies sizes, mostly retangular and square. This season i only use up 7 ponds.

The standard guide line is 20'000 fishes (grow out) per half Rai pond (retangular) maximum 25'000 for overstock at 1.5m water depth.

Edited by RedBullHorn

I have 9 ponds all in varies sizes, mostly retangular and square. This season i only use up 7 ponds.

The standard guide line is 20'000 fishes (grow out) per half Rai pond (retangular) maximum 25'000 for overstock at 1.5m water depth.

I have catfish in my pond, rather large ones. What is the best marketable size? By the way, RBH is seems you had the Midas touch. I have plenty of straw, woant to come to the field day and spin it into gold?

• 3 months later...

Gday All

Harvested Pla Duk on the 28th and 29th of November, 2650kg half rai pond. Approx 50kg left after draining.

Price 42 baht/kg (Mae Chan, Chiang Rai region)

While researching Russian Pla Duk for the cold season with various wholesalers and Fisheries Department we were told 45baht/kg was more appropriate..

:realangry:

Gday All

Harvested Pla Duk on the 28th and 29th of November, 2650kg half rai pond. Approx 50kg left after draining.

While researching Russian Pla Duk for the cold season with various wholesalers and Fisheries Department we were told 45baht/kg was more appropriate..

I wonder if you would share a little more info.

What was the average size of the harvested fish? How many days was the growth period and how much food intake.

many thanks Bob

Redbullhorn, how much did all of that feed stock cost you? and how long did it take to grow out the fish?

Is there a buyer standing by to purchase the fish or do you have to search for buyers?

thanks

grimleybob

Average weight of fish was 215 grams so a number 5 fish. When the cold nights set in they went from eating 3.5 bags a day to 1.5, so growth towards the end was a bit slow. 178 bags of feed over 87 days.

This is our second harvest and whilst we made an reasonable profit first time around we were screwed at every process and step this time and were lucky to make a small profit.

Hope that helps.

Gday All

Since you're in my area, i'll tell you what's really happening, there's a influential wholesaler who is refusing the price of ฿45, so his team follow at the current set price of ฿42 ...

I'm harvesting 70'000 Big Oui this coming Sunday and i'm getting ฿43 from my own team.

Link for Pla duk Lat Sia reference...

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/249638-my-catfish-farm-operation/page__view__findpost__p__3273615

Edited by RedBullHorn

Redbullhorn, how much did all of that feed stock cost you? and how long did it take to grow out the fish?

Is there a buyer standing by to purchase the fish or do you have to search for buyers?

thanks

Average ฿500/sack x 1920 (Betagro Omeg- Premium grade) = ฿960'000

I sold after 3.5 months - sizes are 3/4/5 fishes/kg, it depends on the wholesalers' requested sizes, if they want smaller fishes, i could even sell at 2 months and 20 days :)

grimleybob

Average weight of fish was 215 grams so a number 5 fish. When the cold nights set in they went from eating 3.5 bags a day to 1.5, so growth towards the end was a bit slow. 178 bags of feed over 87 days.

This is our second harvest and whilst we made an reasonable profit first time around we were screwed at every process and step this time and were lucky to make a small profit.

Hope that helps.

May i ask :

1.How many fishes in that pond?

2.Size of fingerling when you started?

HI all

well if you have that sort of money to chuck in a pond you have to

be crazy or very clever(stupid).

I have 7 ponds with an average20000 fish .8 years ago i was makeing

a good profite.but last year i broke even and i was getting 45bt per kilo.

this year its down to 30 bt ,this is for russia, no one will buy these anymore.

So this year my ponds are empty because i dont have money to burn or waste.

I am in Sukhothai and if i had his money i would put it in something else.

(what would have happened if you got flooded?

just my to pennysworth.

Kelvin.B) B) B)

Did you overhaul your ponds' bed, because every 3-5 years, the ponds' bed need to be clean of mud and sluice, i did mine twice for the past 12 years, just call in the backhoe, a grader and trucks bring the load to the paddy field... if not, it will greatly affect the ADG and a bad FCR.

i would like to ask what would be the fair price of big ooi fingerlings (say 3-4') currently?

for 1000 fingerling?

for 10.000 fingerling?

how much if any discount to expect?

how much if any free fingerlings to expect ( to cover immediate mortality)?

many thanks!

thanks very much RBH.

was offered 2000 for 1600THB around, so, that should be then a fair price, i assume. we are thinking togradually increase the number in trial we have now, as the first batch is getting ready to be sold...of course we talk about a 500 fingerling first batch, so, it wont be anything spectacular, but would try to have some kind of retail sell it, thus gain a bit better margin. all is but a test now, if all is fine, we would like to give a go for 10.000 from April about, then who know what next :)