House In Chiang Mai

uptheos

I know there are many threads of advice regarding houses in Chiang Mai.

However, this is a straightforward request for a friend, who needs to rent a house quite urgently and would rather not pay the ridiculous prices asked for by agents. It is for a single person, so I'm guessing the rent for a small decent place, should be around 7,000 baht (less if possible) but negotiable, according to the property type and location.

Area not too fussy, but he would like a one story house (two would likely be higher cost) maybe a moo bahn and somewhere accessible to Sonthaews if possible but not essential.

Perhaps you live in a moo bahn and have seen something available there, or maybe you know of one somewhere?

There is a very good 'reward' (upon signing a lease) for anyone who can recommend a place, which I can't place here, but will answer by pm to any genuine answers.

I will guarantee 'the reward'.

All or any other advice welcome.smile.gif

Cheers

Edited by uptheos

Across the road from Nakornpayap International school, close to the river's edge, there's a row of new 3-story townhouses. The last house has a sign outside offering the place for rent at 8k.

The area is a little too quite for my liking. If you like, I can copy down the phone number when I pass by again on Monday.

T

As Thai Visa have a real estate agent as a sponsor (click' Rent house Thailand') above for details. I'm not sure if your private attempts to rent houses for a 'reward' are in accordance with the forum rules. Tell your friend to check out Thai visa's Google links for real estate agents.

As Thai Visa have a real estate agent as a sponsor (click' Rent house Thailand') above for details. I'm not sure if your private attempts to rent houses for a 'reward' are in accordance with the forum rules. Tell your friend to check out Thai visa's Google links for real estate agents.

Thanks for the advice, I'll do what you suggest.

I'm only trying to help someone in need, but If the mods think I'm breaking the rules, I'm sure they will close the thread.

Edited by uptheos

smaller houses in banwangtan......few, that cheap. The jets drown at the dogs, but it is very doable.

I've heard good things about ban wangtan - not heard too many complaints regarding the jets.

Thank you very much for your input. smile.gif

Ive not long since moved out of a 3 bedroom, 2 bathroom single story house in Tanawan village, just behind meechok plaza. Nice garden and fair sized rooms. We moved to a bigger place that is the only reason for moving out. I had been paying 7500thb a month for the past 4 years and I believe it has not changed. It is through an agent though and can bee seen through Chiang mai habitat website. Its a lovely house and I hope someone gets it soon as it would be a shame for it to sit there vacant for years.

smaller houses in banwangtan......few, that cheap. The jets drown at the dogs, but it is very doable.

I have been looking for a friend there.. I see 3 smaller houses (none nice IMO) and the one massive 5 bedder.

If you know of any that are unmarked as being available, could you let me know about them (if they dont fit the OP). My buddy is less concerned about cost than decent furnishings garden for the dog etc.

Edited by LivinLOS

uptheos, have you looked at Classifieds?

Lots of private party ads, not just agents.

Easy to do a city-specific search...scroll to bottom of page, click on Chiang Mai.

Honestly I'm not being a TV corporate clone when I say this- I have sold a motorsai there, and have numerous friends who almost support themselves with various buying and selling.

It really does work (in terms of response) and I am surprised that more people haven't discovered its utility....

uptheos, have you looked at Classifieds?

Lots of private party ads, not just agents.

Easy to do a city-specific search...scroll to bottom of page, click on Chiang Mai.

Honestly I'm not being a TV corporate clone when I say this- I have sold a motorsai there, and have numerous friends who almost support themselves with various buying and selling.

It really does work (in terms of response) and I am surprised that more people haven't discovered its utility....

Thanks McG - the classifieds were the first place I went to before going on the forum and have used them for other things in the past.smile.gif

My landlady has several houses that are in that range (6k up I think) - all 2 storey. One (my next door neighbour) was just let, but the other side there are trwo houses - one is on short term let (Muay fighter tourists) and the other I think is empty - I'll dig out her number for you and PM you (when Mrs is back from organising the world) - Oh, they are in Moo5 Petburin (off the Hang Dong Road - Mea Hia - opposite Ban Wan Tan turn off, next to the Sony Sign). She (land lady) does the houses up as renters leave, so the empty one should be in good state - the short term let on my left went through a 4 week renovation with new windows, doors, paint and all. Small garden to rear - low moo charge (170b a month inclusive of rubbish collection and road sweeping - no security though).

My landlady has several houses that are in that range (6k up I think) - all 2 storey. One (my next door neighbour) was just let, but the other side there are trwo houses - one is on short term let (Muay fighter tourists) and the other I think is empty - I'll dig out her number for you and PM you (when Mrs is back from organising the world) - Oh, they are in Moo5 Petburin (off the Hang Dong Road - Mea Hia - opposite Ban Wan Tan turn off, next to the Sony Sign). She (land lady) does the houses up as renters leave, so the empty one should be in good state - the short term let on my left went through a 4 week renovation with new windows, doors, paint and all. Small garden to rear - low moo charge (170b a month inclusive of rubbish collection and road sweeping - no security though).

Thanks so much wolf, I await your pm.

Also many thanks to so many helpful people. I'll get back to you all. smile.gif