Thank You Samkamphaeng Police

msg362

Isn't it wonderful that there are so many gullible lovely expats living in Chiang Mai. ;)

This SAYS it all - never a truer word spoken in jest - do you play golf as well OP and tip the caddies 500 baht instead of the going rate? NO WONDER they all think foreigners are rolling in dosh!

I dont understand why thanks to the police they were happy you could sort it out yourself

Each to their own!

B)

No I don't play golf, no i could not sort it out on my own, clearly not as good at speaking and reading Thai as you are. Yes the lady had to borrow the money, I am richer than her. There are honest Thai people ( my wife is one of them and she suggested adding the second 500Baht)

The police helped me, don't you understand?

Why are you in this country? why get so upset with what is a nice story I think?

Edited by msg362

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rich, please when you are replying don't add your quote into the quote box to that which you are referring to. Thanks. :)

Isn't it wonderful that there are so many gullible lovely expats living in Chiang Mai. ;)

This SAYS it all - never a truer word spoken in jest - do you play golf as well OP and tip the caddies 500 baht instead of the going rate? NO WONDER they all think foreigners are rolling in dosh!

I dont understand why thanks to the police they were happy you could sort it out yourself

Each to their own!

B)

Edited by Blinky Bill

I say fair play to you.. Karma will come round..

I tend to be quite the stubborn ass (I am reliably informed) and am the first to push back if I feel I am being wronged rather than take it, but theres a big difference between some old dame creating a legit accident, being conciliatory and yet also hard up to pay the problem.. Than there is some young buck who is giving some stink eye and being snide or trying to blame other or run.

If someones genuine about a problem, and it sounds like she was.. A bit of generosity (and lets face it, its only a grand) makes the world go round. Well done.

Player.... sarcasm is lost on you ? I only eat 1000 B lunches 1-2x /week, tops !

I'm glad the OP only cut the payment by 1000 B vs accepting nothing and then paying HER 1000 B. Wouldn't it have been much better to say "I gave her 500 OFF" ? Instead of simply "I gave her 500" ? Not everybody can write clearly...

Overall I give the OP a pass for just being a nice guy in a good mood. We've all been there.

I agree it was not clear. One problem I have that the font on my (24") Mac in miniscule and i often have great difficulty reading what i have written I've just measured the 'n', it's 2 mm high!, that ,combined with mutlifocal lenses make for interesting compostions sometimes!

MSG.... Hit the COMMAND key and the "+" sign and you can make your screen text bigger.

I give you karma points for coming up with a nice agreeable solution and maybe you even made some friends in the process. Good job. I had a lady hit my motorcycle last year when it was parked at Miguels and the whole staff saw her do it. Broken clutch lever and she denied hitting it although she was still yakking on the phone when I knocked on her window. After a long exchange, she threw a few hundred baht out the window and drove away. Your situation was much better.

You may have just invented a new scam in thailand. You will be like the Pied Piper with "poor" thais following you around to damage your bike for a 1000Baht reward. Why not just pay her a 1000 on the spot and save time

The op should have offered to pay insurance on her bike, the next victim would be covered that way. Nice to help one person, but think of the potential number you could help with a little ingenuity.

Maybe we could set up a stall in Thapae Gate, asking all uninsured Thai drivers to come and get insured for free.

A sort of 'Sponsor a Thai drivers insurance' campaign.

Farang's could solve uninsured Thai drivers problems in a heartbeat.

Good idea ups :o but no doubt they would all reach an agreement with the ins co whereby they can cancell the policy a day later with money re-imbursed less commision ;):D

You may have just invented a new scam in thailand. You will be like the Pied Piper with "poor" thais following you around to damage your bike for a 1000Baht reward. Why not just pay her a 1000 on the spot and save time

My original post was not clear. She did NOT get 1000Baht, i REDUCED the cost from 2900 to 1900. She paid me 1900

My original post was not clear. She did NOT get 1000Baht, i REDUCED the cost from 2900 to 1900. She paid me 1900

Thats different, my bad.

Stay safe

BTW thanks everyone who showed me how to increase the type size. I can read it now! Can't promise I'll write anything more intelligent, more grammatical or sensible, but I can at least see it now!

It works, I saw I'd added a full stop rather than a comma, so I've edited it!!

Edited by msg362

I'd like to thank the Pharo Police who bought me a coffee in Wawee near Rumchok Market today. Never seen the guy before, just paid for my 60 baht drink when he payed for his (I was in line after him). I've only had pleasant experiences with the police in my 4 yrs. here. Maybe getting good karma back from trying to get along here like the OP

I'd like to thank the Pharo Police who bought me a coffee in Wawee near Rumchok Market today. Never seen the guy before, just paid for my 60 baht drink when he payed for his (I was in line after him). I've only had pleasant experiences with the police in my 4 yrs. here. Maybe getting good karma back from trying to get along here like the OP

He was trying to pick you up dude :whistling:

I give you karma points for coming up with a nice agreeable solution and maybe you even made some friends in the process. Good job. I had a lady hit my motorcycle last year when it was parked at Miguels and the whole staff saw her do it. Broken clutch lever and she denied hitting it although she was still yakking on the phone when I knocked on her window. After a long exchange, she threw a few hundred baht out the window and drove away. Your situation was much better.

How rude.

Some of us here are NOT sex tourists tongue.gif

very few tourist would be wearing a Phrao officer's uniform.....

No harm in trying though :rolleyes:

There is no Wawee coffee near Ruomchuk anymore. Do you mean Fang Coffee? :P

if you hit her and damaged her bike,would she give you 1000 baht.somehow i don,t think so.i know thais who have everything but never show it unless you know them well.the farang can pay everytime.i think you were wrong,she should have paid for the damage as she would expect you to pay for her damaged bike

Edited by bristolgeoff

In the 70"s while working in Abu Dhabi my car was parked at my flat parking lot legally...one night I heard a commotion below my flat and saw another car smash into my car...Went down to investigate and instead of compensate me for the damage done to my car the driver and friends ( all locals ) insisted I paid for the damage to their car...much argument occurred, reason they gave was " you are a foreigner and if you are not here in my country my car would not be damaged...logic :lol:

They insisted on it or go to the police station to settle it....my local friend came down and told me it's now point going to the police...finally after much haggling I paid them a nominal sum..

[/quote

Where do you live? My car needs a respray!

if you hit her and damaged her bike,would she give you 1000 baht.somehow i don,t think so.i know thais who have everything but never show it unless you know them well.the farang can pay everytime.i think you were wrong,she should have paid for the damage as she would expect you to pay for her damaged bike

Try reading it again,,especially my later posts. I was not clear in the original post, I REDUCED the amount by 1000 baht, she paid 1900

The way I read it isn't that OP is bragging about parting with 10 pounds (which covers a couple of coffees back home), but that he was happy to have the whole thing over with in a couple of hours rather than the weeks or months it could have taken in the UK. Seems that the worst thing he did was to share his good mood with TV :-)

if you really wanted to be a nice guy you should have just covered the whole cost. If she can't afford 2900 she can't afford 1900. Good job trying to make it look like your a nice guy....also telling everyone about it was a nice touch.

Not trying that, just telling everyone, they can make their own minds up. I've checked with Thais after, they say my response was about right, since the lady did the damage she needs to pay something they say. I really sent this out for three reasons, 1 to find out if what I did was about right, 2 to share my good mood in getting it settled in just a few hours compared with the UK and 3, to get cynical souls like you to be unpleasant from the cover of your Thai Visa ID .Anything positive to say? Have you had a similar experience? Tell us about it. (BTW I think you mean 'you're a nice guy' not 'your a nice guy' )

Edited by msg362

if you really wanted to be a nice guy you should have just covered the whole cost. If she can't afford 2900 she can't afford 1900. Good job trying to make it look like your a nice guy....also telling everyone about it was a nice touch.

Not trying that, just telling everyone, they can make their own minds up. I've checked with Thais after, they say my response was about right, since the lady did the damage she needs to pay something they say. I really sent this out for three reasons, 1 to find out if what I did was about right, 2 to share my good mood in getting it settled in just a few hours compared with the UK and 3, to get cynical souls like you to be unpleasant from the cover of your Thai Visa ID .Anything positive to say? Have you had a similar experience? Tell us about it. (BTW I think you mean 'you're a nice guy' not 'your a nice guy' )

nice...the lamest insult on the internet. What are you a girl? Girls are the only people that complain about misuse of the word your/you're. I think they think it makes them look intelligent...or not "ignorant" which is another word girls love to use.

About this situation, no i don't have anything positive to say. I haven't had a similar experience...because any time some dumb ass hits my car because they are stupid, they pay for it. Or it goes to the cops and then goes through their insurance....which no one wants.

This OP and his post has to be one of the weirdest and funniest pieces of posting I've seen for a long time.

Quite how the BIB of Sankamphaeng come out of this as angels I really and truly do not know - you related to BIB? They did the bare minimum - virtually nothing.

The OP estimates the cost of a broken mirror, broken plastic and brake lever at 10,000 baht, yet the cost of the new motorbike is 72,000 baht - mmmm really 10,000 baht I don't think so.

The OP then goes on to say not once but twice that he gave the lady 500 Baht - er what? (but he didn't give her anything as we found out later). A really strange choice of words at best, particularly so, when you are supposed to be UK English!? You really English? or a BIB in Sankampaeng practicing English?

A run of the mill incident brings out a post that frankly is hardly notable yet he posts here? For what reason?

The main thing I read in the OP apart from the above stuff is how good I am being nice to poor Thais and how wonderful BIB are!!??.

You for real?? You're having a laugh my friend :lol::cheesy:

Edited by likite