Thank You Samkamphaeng Police

msg362

if you really wanted to be a nice guy you should have just covered the whole cost. If she can't afford 2900 she can't afford 1900. Good job trying to make it look like your a nice guy....also telling everyone about it was a nice touch.

Not trying that, just telling everyone, they can make their own minds up. I've checked with Thais after, they say my response was about right, since the lady did the damage she needs to pay something they say. I really sent this out for three reasons, 1 to find out if what I did was about right, 2 to share my good mood in getting it settled in just a few hours compared with the UK and 3, to get cynical souls like you to be unpleasant from the cover of your Thai Visa ID .Anything positive to say? Have you had a similar experience? Tell us about it. (BTW I think you mean 'you're a nice guy' not 'your a nice guy' )

nice...the lamest insult on the internet. What are you a girl? Girls are the only people that complain about misuse of the word your/you're. I think they think it makes them look intelligent...or not "ignorant" which is another word girls love to use.

About this situation, no i don't have anything positive to say. I haven't had a similar experience...because any time some dumb ass hits my car because they are stupid, they pay for it. Or it goes to the cops and then goes through their insurance....which no one wants.

No I am not a girl, besides is being a girl supposed to be an insult? I didn't complain just laughed!

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This OP and his post has to be one of the weirdest and funniest pieces of posting I've seen for a long time.

Quite how the BIB of Sankamphaeng come out of this as angels I really and truly do not know - you related to BIB? They did the bare minimum - virtually nothing.

The OP estimates the cost of a broken mirror, broken plastic and brake lever at 10,000 baht, yet the cost of the new motorbike is 72,000 baht - mmmm really 10,000 baht I don't think so.

The OP then goes on to say not once but twice that he gave the lady 500 Baht - er what? (but he didn't give her anything as we found out later). A really strange choice of words at best, particularly so, when you are supposed to be UK English!? You really English? or a BIB in Sankampaeng practicing English?

A run of the mill incident brings out a post that frankly is hardly notable yet he posts here? For what reason?

The main thing I read in the OP apart from the above stuff is how good I am being nice to poor Thais and how wonderful BIB are!!??.

You for real?? You're having a laugh my friend :lol::cheesy:

You didn't see the damage. How much do you think it might cost, can you estimate it from where you are? The police were helpful, do you have anything helpful to say apart from trying to be insulting? Yes I am English and yes the original posting was not clear, I corrected that several times. And no it was not about how 'nice I am' as I tried to explain, but clearly you don't want to read that bit.

Living in Thailand has it's advantages and one is that a similar incident in the UK would have led to lots of paperwork, insurance claims, loss of NCB and costs. Here it was all over in a few hours, thanks mainly to the BIB. If you don't get that I'm sorry.

If you don't like a good news story, sorry, go be miserable somewhere else.

You are wrong I reduced her bill by 1000 baht, is that not giving her something?

Edited by msg362

The OP then goes on to say not once but twice that he gave the lady 500 Baht - er what? (but he didn't give her anything as we found out later). A really strange choice of words at best, particularly so, when you are supposed to be UK English!? You really English? or a BIB in Sankampaeng practicing English?

The discount on the amount she had to pay was a 'gift'.. Freely given.

I see nothing strange with that use of English.

His actual words were 'I paid her' and 'I gave her' as has been pointed out already non of that translates into "The discount on the amount she had to pay as a gift....freely given".

This OP and his post has to be one of the weirdest and funniest pieces of posting I've seen for a long time.

Quite how the BIB of Sankamphaeng come out of this as angels I really and truly do not know - you related to BIB? They did the bare minimum - virtually nothing.

The OP estimates the cost of a broken mirror, broken plastic and brake lever at 10,000 baht, yet the cost of the new motorbike is 72,000 baht - mmmm really 10,000 baht I don't think so.

A run of the mill incident brings out a post that frankly is hardly notable yet he posts here? For what reason?

The main thing I read in the OP apart from the above stuff is how good I am being nice to poor Thais and how wonderful BIB are!!??.

You didn't see the damage. How much do you think it might cost, can you estimate it from where you are? The police were helpful, do you have anything helpful to say apart from trying to be insulting? Yes I am English and yes the original posting was not clear, I corrected that several times. And no it was not about how 'nice I am' as I tried to explain, but clearly you don't want to read that bit.

Living in Thailand has it's advantages and one is that a similar incident in the UK would have led to lots of paperwork, insurance claims, loss of NCB and costs. Here it was all over in a few hours, thanks mainly to the BIB. If you don't get that I'm sorry.

You are wrong I reduced her bill by 1000 baht, is that not giving her something?

This stuff is priceless - really glad to hear you're a happy chappy, keep smiling.

His actual words were 'I paid her' and 'I gave her' as has been pointed out already non of that translates into "The discount on the amount she had to pay as a gift....freely given".

Thats actually false if you want to nit pick.. He didnt say 'I paid her' as you claim, try not to make stuff up.

He said "I said i would pay 500 Baht" quite obviously as a discount he would pay 500b (of the problem).. He also said "so I gave her another 500 Baht" again the 'gift' of a discount on the problem.

However you slice it, the comment was quite easily understood so suggest the problem is behind your keyboard.

If nothing else this thread has been great at seeing people whose company to avoid in CM.

Thats actually false if you want to nit pick.. He didnt say 'I paid her' as you claim, try not to make stuff up.

He said "I said i would pay 500 Baht" quite obviously as a discount he would pay 500b (of the problem).. He also said "so I gave her another 500 Baht" again the 'gift' of a discount on the problem.

However you slice it, the comment was quite easily understood so suggest the problem is behind your keyboard.

If nothing else this thread has been great at seeing people whose company to avoid in CM.

You being from the USA? You would obviously have a much greater understanding of the English language.

Checked behind the keyboard - nothing there! :ph34r:

Toooooooooooooo funny

Thanksbiggrin.gif

This stuff is priceless - really glad to hear you're a happy chappy, keep smiling.

I see you don't try to quote how much it might have cost, I was thinking of the costs that might be incurred in the UK, and how the lady would not be able to afford it. In the event the price was about 30% of what I had feared. You are just nitpicking,do facts make you uncomfortable? Yes, I was not clear to start with and for your information I first REDUCED the bill by 500 Baht then later GAVE HER an additional 500 baht when my wife suggested it. Happy now? Enjoy your life here!

Edited by msg362

Not sure if this should be here or the 'Road Rage' thread..

Yesterday I nudged my truck out of a blind soi into a main road, into the path of a motorbike..

The rider was a cop.

His life wasn't in danger, but he had to stop.. He got off his bike, looked at me..

Based on advice I've seen on TV I thought "will he demand a bribe?" or worse.."incarcerate me in the monkey-house until I can raise the ransom!?".

No, he smiled, waded into the traffic, stopped it and waved me on.

Shame I don't fancy men in uniform, or I'd have bought him a coffee.

Apologies for any typos, I'm on my mobile as usual.

Thanksbiggrin.gif

Good on you. You did the right thing by a person who could have been seriously disadvantaged by the accident, albeit her fault. You also had a nice word to say about the local police and let us know that many of them are good, fair minded people. Sadly, as often happens on TV, a few with pedants with small minds jump on their computers and worry your motives to death. Fortunately there are many more on TV who are ready to give good, constructive comments and thoughtful, helpfull advice.

Not sure if this should be here or the 'Road Rage' thread..

Yesterday I nudged my truck out of a blind soi into a main road, into the path of a motorbike..

The rider was a cop.

His life wasn't in danger, but he had to stop.. He got off his bike, looked at me..

Based on advice I've seen on TV I thought "will he demand a bribe?" or worse.."incarcerate me in the monkey-house until I can raise the ransom!?".

No, he smiled, waded into the traffic, stopped it and waved me on.

Shame I don't fancy men in uniform, or I'd have bought him a coffee.

Apologies for any typos, I'm on my mobile as usual.

biggrin.gif This is life in Thailand, enjoy it!

Would you care to explain why you think this story is weird? I really would like to know. I thought it was just a good news story. Why 'This OP and his post has to be one of the weirdest and funniest pieces of posting I've seen for a long time.?'

Have I lost my sense of humour?, please help me!

Edited by msg362

Would you care to explain why you think this story is weird? I really would like to know. I thought it was just a good news story. Why 'This OP and his post has to be one of the weirdest and funniest pieces of posting I've seen for a long time.?'

Have I lost my sense of humour?, please help me!

Oh can to do the week maybe next. Friend ask the weather your planet is it how?

Clear? or to be too strange/weird?