Unidentified Foreigner Found Dead In Phitsanulok

Lite Beer

That's two who understand...

I thought I'd mentioned before that we read about farang murders/suicides fairly frequently, even though there are relatively few of us here.

Edit - has nothing to do with those dying from old age.motorbike accidents - they are only reported locally.

How many expats do you estimate get offed in a year, and how many of "us" do you think there are?

The first number is likely in the dozens, while the latter is in the mid-hundreds of thousands, at least.

Which works out to a fairly high percentage.Its probably time we moved this argument to PMs.

Edited by F1fanatic

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not really interested in arguing further, either here or by PM, because I feel safe in Thailand (or I wouldn't be here).

Just as motorcycle accident deaths are irrelevant to me (because I don't ride) so are the murders of farangs who were dabbling in criminal syndicates (like the guy killed by Swedes in Phuket), picking up streetwalkers or Syrian rough trade, cheating on their wives or trying to hit on someone's girlfriend. None of these are risk factors for me, because I don't engage in those activities. I also don't pick fights with tuk-tuk drivers, or anyone else.

I'm really only concerned about random killings, racially-motivated killings, and killings associated with robbery. From my observations, that type of murder is still rare.

"...if an autopsy is needed?" I'm pretty sure they should do an autopsy.

Yes, an autopsy should be done, but this is Thailand, and without quick offers to pay for an autopsy (from a relative or friend or....?) it's not likely a decent autopsy will be done, sorry to say. The two tourist girls who got sick and died quickly at the g.h. in Phi Phi, about 3 years ago, were given all-too-cursory autopsies and at least one of the bodies was disposed of immediately after.

Reminds me of the addage; "the hurrider I go, the behinder I get."

Condolences to the family.

Unidentified body of a farang found tied to a lump of concrete submerged in an irrigation canal in Kamphaeng Phet Province (Thairath 23/04/11)

The body of a male farang was found in Tambon Nikhom Thung Pho Thale in Thailand's Northern province of Kamphaeng Phet on the 22nd of April. Time of death was thought to be not more than 3 days prior.

The body was only found due to the water level dropping in the canal revealing the corpse, the canal being in a desolate area in a rice paddy with no nearby buildings.

He had a shaved/bald head, was naked except for striped black boxer shorts and his hands were tied to his neck with nylon cord. There was a tattoo of a butterfly perched on a flower on the left of his chest with the word 'Love' below in English letters.

Knife wounds to the left temple and the left nape of the neck were present and the rest of the head was covered in bruises and marks consistent with being hit with a blunt instrument.

The body was taken to Kamphaeng Phet Hospital for an autopsy. Police are treating it as murder and are appealing for anyone with a missing farang relative or friend to go to the hospital to see the body.

http://www.thairath....t/region/166104 (23/04/11)

There is a bit more information on the 77.nationchannel.com website of this thread's more recent Phitsanuloke murder, along with a grisly video showing the recovery of the corpse.

The body was initially discovered on 16/08/11 by someone out fishing. They saw just its feet sticking out the water but thought it was a mannequin or doll because there was other rubbish in the water. The next day they went back and the body had emerged and was floating on the water so they called the police.

A Nokia mobile phone was found in the victim's shirt pocket, which if it's his should mean he can be identified. They also found several Buddha amulets and charms on him. All quite strange that these items were left.

It's thought he'd been dead for 2-3 days.

http://77.nationchan...o.php?id=170318

Thank you, katana, (as always) for providing the Thai news aspect to Thaivisa.

It's a very valuable addition you bring to the board and very much appreciated.

:wai:

and last, hopefully, the utter starkness of it will also bring the matter to the surface of the thread and away from nonsense statistics from some foreign country.

I would suggest both videos be watched by all posters.

Interesting that one of the reports quoted by katana states that the body was naked except for boxer shorts,yet the other states that the body was shirted with a Nokia phone in the pocket.

I watched both videos and am convinced it was two different bodies and two different places. One was in a low weede area and the other in a steep banked area with only mud around. In one video the guy had only boxer shorts on and in the other video fully clothed. Very hard to think they are the same person or event.

unbelievable comment from you Thai Visa veterans....... like a ruddy soap opera.

Here are the facts:

Guy found dead - condolences to the family.

Taped up like a Mummy so probably foul play

No smoke without fire

No further comment needed.

My experience here is if you are a good person you stay alive - until the allotted time when your twilight years take you to wherever the hell we are destined to go.

unbelievable comment from you Thai Visa veterans....... like a ruddy soap opera.

Here are the facts:

No smoke without fire

My experience here is if you are a good person you stay alive - until the allotted time when your twilight years take you to wherever the hell we are destined to go.

It appears you are the expert, any news about the victims idenity.

Here are the facts:

No smoke without fire

It appears you are the expert, any news about the victims idenity.

who gives a ummmm second thought (FF) about his identity - IF you know him you will already be at the morgue, helping the family. He is a poor old soul who has gone. Condolences to the family. Clearly this is 'news' but guess what - it happens all the time...... the profile of the victim rarely makes the international news for very good reason IMHO. Again.... sincere condolences to the family

Does anyone know how PHITSANULOK ranks in terms of friendliness towards foreigners? Just curious since I've always thought Thais are friendlier outside of Bangkok. Maybe I'm wrong...but it seems to have been my experience.

Interesting. To conclude, how friendly Thais be in an area, because the body of a western man was found there. When I follow this argument, it seems, Thai people in Pattaya must be very unfriendly. Otherwise not so much foreigners would jump from roofs and get killed... strange logic.

This is not to say Farang do not get involved in their own dangerous activities, it is just one of the scenarios. R.I.P.

Choose your wife carefuly

Also another great opinion. Someone's dead and you recommend to choose your THAI wife carefully??? You know more then others?

Honestly, when I read most statements here, I'm only wondering. So many prejudgments of people.

It doesn't matter,from which countries those members come, writing something like this. But I'm sure in each of this countries also Thai people were killed and made suicide. So I guess, I also should warn here. Because, if I believe in this statements made here in this thread, I simply have to conclude, we are all unfriendly people. And as for sure most dead Thais in your and our home countries are female, we also should say "choose your (Farang) spouse very careful".

Someone is dead. He could be killed, but he also could have made suicide. We don't know. We only know, what ever is behind this story, it is a sad story. Why such sad stories always be used to make such prejudgements, I won't understand. Do you feel boring? You hate Thais? What you do here (in a Thailand related forum and in Thailand itself), if you think so about people here??? Why???

My condolences to the family.

Sounds like an unfortunate suicide to me.

Or a personal conflict with himself or maybe a business conflict with himself.

As he didn't live in a 5th floor condo he couldn't wreck his apartment remove his personal belongings and leave the door wide open before flinging himself from the balcony [as we like to do ] so he simply taped his eyes over [ again as we do] and put a plastic bag on his head and jumped in the klong [ again as we like to do.]

And of course no note.

Suicide - sad but true.

Very sad.

Very, very sad and I offer my sincere condolences.