Cheap Flights

ratcliffe

Hi guys,

I am planning on visiting my sister and family next month for 2 weeks. I need a direct flight return from BKK to LHR. Anyone done this recently? Can anyone recommend any cheap airlines or booking agencies? Hoping to pay around 30,000b or less........... thats what I paid the last two years, this year my reliable booking office has shut down!

Any suggestions?

Thanks, will be much appreciated.

Example - Jet Airways Sept 5th return October 5th (from their website just now) 26,975 Baht. I think it's only about an hour and half in Mumbai. Go to their website and vary your dates.

Total Trip Cost: THB 26,975(including Fare, Tax & Fees)Booking Classes :

Booking direct with Jet, but if you use an agency make sure they are aware that you know the price.

Edited by uptheos

I am going to UK on 13th for a few weeks, cheapest direct flight (booked last week) I could find from BKK was Eva Air....GBP404.00 one way inc tax.

Booked direct on their website, so no chance of getting ripped off by some agent.

No messing about with changing in Mumbai or wherever.

Slightly off on a tangent, but off to London in a fortnight and was wondering if you know how I can use my internet on the iPad? Last time I used roaming and it cost a FORTUNE! Does anyone have solutions? Should I buy sim? I am a techno-failure, so any help would be great.

Example - Jet Airways Sept 5th return October 5th (from their website just now) 26,975 Baht. I think it's only about an hour and half in Mumbai. Go to their website and vary your dates.

Booking direct with Jet, but if you use an agency make sure they are aware that you know the price.

I flew Jet last year and was very satisfied with this airline. Great in-flight entertainment and good food imo. I paid just under 30K at Travel Shoppe at Tha Pae Gate. I booked just a few weeks in advance so missed the really good deals.

Slightly off on a tangent, but off to London in a fortnight and was wondering if you know how I can use my internet on the iPad? Last time I used roaming and it cost a FORTUNE! Does anyone have solutions? Should I buy sim? I am a techno-failure, so any help would be great.

Last time I was In UK I bought Vodafone dongle (or whatever you call it). Vodafone seem to have best coverage. They even manage to cover the back half of my house (only upstairs) and I am way out in the sticks.

I used this:

http://www.vodafone.co.uk/personal/mobile-internet/on-your-pc-or-mac/internet-dongles/index.htm

but with Ipad looks like they have this:

http://www.vodafone.co.uk/personal/mobile-internet/on-your-ipad/ipad-plans/index.htm

You can check coverage here:

http://www.vodafone.co.uk/vodafone-uk/personal-coverage/

I presume its the same for Ipads, doesn't really seem to differentiate.

I flew Jet last year and was very satisfied with this airline. Great in-flight entertainment and good food imo. I paid just under 30K at Travel Shoppe at Tha Pae Gate. I booked just a few weeks in advance so missed the really good deals.

I too have flown Jet and was more than satisfied, an hour and half in Mumbai for 520 return as opposed direct for 880 return is no hardship and the 360 quid saved, I can use on other things......almost another trip!!

Khun Pidet at travel Shoppe is a good man and will help you, but the specials are going fast! You could also try Khun Praneet at P&P Travel, I know she has good connections with Indian Airlines. However, if it were me I'd get on Jet's website ASAP if you want a bargain.

Edited by uptheos

I too have flown Jet and was more than satisfied, an hour and half in Mumbai for 520 return as opposed direct for 880 return is no hardship and the 360 quid saved, I can use on other things......almost another trip!!

Khun Pidet at travel Shoppe is a good man and will help you, but the specials are going fast! You could also try Khun Praneet at P&P Travel, I know she has good connections with Indian Airlines. However, if it were me I'd get on Jet's website ASAP if you want a bargain.

Thanks for the info, unfortunately I can't find any deals with Jet, they seem to have sold out!!!! As usual missed the boat on that one!

I have found return flights for 600 quid so far the best deal, stop over in India/ Dehli.

I will try the travel agents suggested............. will keep you posted.

Thanks for the info, unfortunately I can't find any deals with Jet, they seem to have sold out!!!! As usual missed the boat on that one!

I have found return flights for 600 quid so far the best deal, stop over in India/ Dehli.

I will try the travel agents suggested............. will keep you posted.

Just keep typing in different dates if you are flexible or able to wait until October etc.

Try Kingfisher website too.

Yes, you have to be greased lightning with these deals - if they are available have card ready and don't even blink otherwise they're gone. Don't forget people are going to UK from Thailand and India, heavy traffic.

Good luck mate - be sure and if you see something go for it......he who hesitates and all that jazz. smile.gif

The only problem with transits in India (on Kingfisher, Jet or Indian) is that I understand you need a transit visa, so added costs and hassles.

CMMCB

A second problem is that you have to set foot in a Indian airport :bah:

And LHR :o

You do have a valid point there! wink.gif Although, when you land at LHR you wouldn't guess you have actually landed in the UK!

Not so; done it several times via Mumbai and no visa needed. Where do these stories come from?

Well, you know TV.wink.gif

Probably transit visas over a certain amount of time or leaving the airport for overnight stay in hotel. But for just changing planes and sitting in the airport you don't need a visa, or can I say from personal experience you didn't up til 2 years ago when I last traveled via India.......maybe others have more of an update?

The Jet and Kingfisher websites certainly don't say anything about visas on their Bangkok - London fares.

The only problem with transits in India (on Kingfisher, Jet or Indian) is that I understand you need a transit visa, so added costs and hassles.

CMMCB

Not so; done it several times via Mumbai and no visa needed. Where do these stories come from?

The story came from P&P travel, who were suggesting booking me on a Jet or Kingfisher flight. I think there was a transit time of three or four hours and they told me a transit visa would be necessary.

CMMCB