True 3G And True Hspa Coming Next Month

There is number portability in Thailand now, you can keep same number and change from 1 operator to another like Ais to Dtac or True.

ubc are selling 3g but they told me that it does not cover all parts of the island. has anyone tested it in different places. if so what was it like. for example lamui chaweng beach road manam bohput nathong biliem, Hua Thanon lipa noi ban talingam seatran ferry ? donsak lol

Now when you say UBC .... here, Mr BIG C, .....do you mean True (same same? or is it different? ....)

Cos I have not tried UBC.....as a carrier....but have tried True (all useless) .. not sure I will bother, I just give up on the waiting... think I have a nibble on Ipad... anyway :)

We all know that you are a little pron to the odd typing error...... :lol:

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

its here or so the place behind the checkout in tesco told me today, 'yes sir, have already in samui, 21 megabytes. didnt have my phone with me to check but 1gb per month was 349 baht i think

Checked today in J-Avenue, was getting about 10MB/s download, about around 8 MB/s upload..... Not near 21, but still a very happy chappy.

its here or so the place behind the checkout in tesco told me today, 'yes sir, have already in samui, 21 megabytes. didnt have my phone with me to check but 1gb per month was 349 baht i think

Checked today in J-Avenue, was getting about 10MB/s download, about around 8 MB/s upload..... Not near 21, but still a very happy chappy.

That's around the same I see being reported around Pattaya (without fieroptics etc). Anyone getting near to this in FV yet?

Where is J-Avenue? I usually stay on the beach at Chaweng.

10MB/s download on mobile or USB modem?

There is number portability in Thailand now, you can keep same number and change from 1 operator to another like Ais to Dtac or True.

ubc are selling 3g but they told me that it does not cover all parts of the island. has anyone tested it in different places. if so what was it like. for example lamui chaweng beach road manam bohput nathong biliem, Hua Thanon lipa noi ban talingam seatran ferry ? donsak lol

Since you have not told us the name of the product, how can it be tested?

It's not unlike writing that tesco is selling food, has anyone eaten it?

it is an air card. i dunno how this 3g works. i have been here too long so i know f all about the product other than it transmitted wifi over long distances.

for all i knew air card were the only way that it can it can be done. sorry being stuck out here in thejungle for so long u fall behinde on technolofy

Bangkok - Thonglor. I think Phuket has some too now - not sure

Bangkok - Thonglor. I think Phuket has some too now - not sure

I've seen the screenshots from Pattaya...10MB for sure. Until I see one from a regular poster on here I'll treat it all with a pinch of salt.

The name of the product is in the thread title..

True 3G and True HSPA

I can see that UBC is linked to TRUE, but it still doesn't tell me the specific name of the product.

Since there are no other reports of TRUE 3G working as yet, perhaps it is CAT CDMA. So that why I'm interested in the name of the product.

Thank you for your input, but my reply was addressed to Big C.

Product description: TV channels via satellite

Product name: True Vision

Product description: Internet via the mobile network

Product name: True 3G and True HSPA

get it now?

For your snide remark about who you expected an answer from - keep your private conversation in PM's and not in an open forum where all participants are entitled to reply.

The name of the product is in the thread title..

True 3G and True HSPA

I can see that UBC is linked to TRUE, but it still doesn't tell me the specific name of the product.

Since there are no other reports of TRUE 3G working as yet, perhaps it is CAT CDMA. So that why I'm interested in the name of the product.

Thank you for your input, but my reply was addressed to Big C.

Product description: TV channels via satellite

Product name: True Vision

Product description: Internet via the mobile network

Product name: True 3G and True HSPA

get it now?

For your snide remark about who you expected an answer from - keep your private conversation in PM's and not in an open forum where all participants are entitled to reply.

You can reply if you so choose. But your reply is neither relevant nor of interest to me.

However peeved you may be, it does not change the fact that I was addressing Big C.

Get it now?

Perhaps you need to take a cold shower.

Alternatively, if you have time on your hands, perhaps you can pop into a UBC branch and obtain the relevant information and post it here.

Now that could be useful, as so far we haven't had any confirmed reports of TRUEMOVE 3G or TRUE H coverage.

Edited by Jiu-Jitsu

Not sure why Bangkok, Pattaya and Phuket are of relevance to this thread. This thread concerns Samui.

agreed. u can buy an air card in UBC chaweng opposit chaweng post offices. i just wondered if anyone has one yet and gone for a drive round the island and knew where the spots we high and low or not at all.

maybe i'll wait another 6 months.

they told me that can dowload 16 mgs but i find that hard to beleive.

Not sure why Bangkok, Pattaya and Phuket are of relevance to this thread. This thread concerns Samui.

agreed. u can buy an air card in UBC chaweng opposit chaweng post offices. i just wondered if anyone has one yet and gone for a drive round the island and knew where the spots we high and low or not at all.

Hard to believe that there is no one on Samui with a phone or modem with the specification of UMTS/HSPDA 850MHz who can run a test. Where is everyone? :)

Hard to believe that there is no one on Samui with a phone or modem with the specification of UMTS/HSPDA 850MHz who can run a test. Where is everyone? :)

maybe they have gone to escape. it is on tonight

Thanks for the reminder BigC - but I can hear the music from my house. :offtopic: Sorry.

I was in CAT Nathon yesterday and they have no CDMA's for sale. They do not know if they will get any, and they have no idea when 3G will really come to Samui.

(They fixed the problem with my old CDMA though :thumbsup:.)

Thanks for the reminder BigC - but I can hear the music from my house. :offtopic: Sorry.

I was in CAT Nathon yesterday and they have no CDMA's for sale. They do not know if they will get any, and they have no idea when 3G will really come to Samui.

(They fixed the problem with my old CDMA though :thumbsup:.)

I noticed at JIB Store the other day that they were selling CAT dongles, 2700 baht, if memory serves.... I am not sure if you just go to the CAT office to activate????

As for reception with SIM cards, (on Ipad at least) it really does depend where you are.... I have tried on various parts of Samui and KP, it ranges from very good to very poor....:angry:.... defeats the purpose of traveling and being able to connect anywhere :(

post-25605-0-11791000-1315806238_thumb.j

@ lunch time today........

Agreed with the other guys - every one is advertising "unlimited" with a little * at the back...read the fine print, and its limited i think to 3GB for 3G. Wifi unlimted - not sure if can pay more to get real unlimited.

Thanks for that skippy. Which area are you based?

emmm i would like to try. how much is the min and max package and which is the best provider CAT ?

do u have to have post paid air cards.

could you play play station 3 games online. that is what i really want to know ?

emmm i would like to try. how much is the min and max package and which is the best provider CAT ?

do u have to have post paid air cards.

could you play play station 3 games online. that is what i really want to know ?

Min Max - did not really look that hard. Its True Move - H ( not normal True Move which has also 3G trial licence, slower version of 3G )

I think there was a Voice with min data was about 350+, i got the 649 package which is voice with heavier data, and then there is a pure data one i think which might be in the 800 range. I bought a Dongle/Aircard ( made by ZTE ) with True Move - H logo printed on it, and thats where i get the screaming performance. The old True Move 3G is slower.

As for Xbox, i thought about it as i have one too - but there is a connection software which comes with the dongle, which cannot be installed on the Xbox. If somehow you can install on ur PC, and then somehow link your PC connectivity to the xbox - might work. ( but dont know how )

I bought a better upload for my home ADSL with 1MB upload, but the mobile True Move - H is way faster than my home connection now - never thought it could happen.

@Smokie36 - I live in Bangkok. Not sure if True Move - H has rolled out to other area's yet. Check with your local shop.

If you live in Bkk why don't you post there as most of the information you have given is of no use to this forum.

True, but interesting none the less to see what other people in the country are starting to get as oneday (maybe) we will get somethhing similar too.

Yeah I see speeds near double that reported on the Pattaya forum using fiberoptics. Still waiting to see a screenshot from Samui......!

If you live in Bkk why don't you post there as most of the information you have given is of no use to this forum.

follow the thread and u will know..........

I'm following the thread and I also don't know. It's just confusing the issue. This sub-forum concerns Koh Samui, Koh Phangan, Koh Tao.

So perhaps you can explain to us quite why we need to see speed tests from Krungthep here.

I do not understand much of the technical stuff here but can one buy a phone card (prepaid) in Samui that one can put in the Ipad for emails and internet usage? Here in my country I do have a 3G phone card inserted.