True 3G And True Hspa Coming Next Month

warning - there is still a 3GB limit as far as i know, so you will max out quickly if alot of equipment connected. (not sure if you can buy more GB per month )

Thanks,

Oh! I need an unlimited offer, is there some?

with the unlimited deal you get 5 GB download at a high speed rate, after you reach the 5 GB it drops back to 348 kbps speed.

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not sure why you are quoting my post, as your reply is not related to my post, nor relevant to this thread. You write of CAT CDMA, which is a different service.

I think it's pretty obvious why I'm quoting your post. CAT CDMA with a MiFi router provides very similar service as the True Portable 3G Wireless modem. Less people care about the technicalities of wireless protocols and backhaul than the end service they receive.

Does anyone know if the True 3G/HSPA service will be coming to KPG and when?

Thanks!

As far as i know, already there too. Call the call center, they finally know where they have network :)

Khman, dont hold out for an unlimited version, will never happen. Europe tried and failed. its all on quota's now.

Edited by skippybangkok

I'm not sure why you are quoting my post, as your reply is not related to my post, nor relevant to this thread. You write of CAT CDMA, which is a different service.

I think it's pretty obvious why I'm quoting your post. CAT CDMA with a MiFi router provides very similar service as the True Portable 3G Wireless modem. Less people care about the technicalities of wireless protocols and backhaul than the end service they receive.

Firstly, may I again remind you that the title of the thread is 'True 3G And True Hspa Coming Next Month'.

Secondly, it was 'pretty obvious' to no one but you.

Thirdly, the CAT service bears almost no relation to the service being discussed here. Certainly in terms of bandwidth.

Fourthly, I think more than a few people would be annoyed after buying a relatively expensive piece of equipment that was incompatible for use with any of the other available services, Thailand and worldwide.

So, in my humble opinion, your statements of "CAT CDMA with a MiFi router provides very similar service as the True Portable 3G Wireless modem." and "Less people care about the technicalities of wireless protocols and backhaul than the end service they receive" are pure balderdash and totally irrelevant to this thread.

Do you have speed test to show to us, that may confirm the CAT CDMA provides a similar service to TRUE H?

CAT CDMA Samui

Edited by Jiu-Jitsu

Firstly, may I again remind you that the title of the thread is 'True 3G And True Hspa Coming Next Month'.

Thirdly, the CAT service bears almost no relation to the service being discussed here. Certainly in terms of bandwidth.

Fourthly, I think more than a few people would be annoyed after buying a relatively expensive piece of equipment that was incompatible for use with any of the other available services, Thailand and worldwide.

So, in my humble opinion, your statements of "CAT CDMA with a MiFi router provides very similar service as the True Portable 3G Wireless modem." and "Less people care about the technicalities of wireless protocols and backhaul than the end service they receive" are pure balderdash and totally irrelevant to this thread.

Do you have speed test to show to us, that may confirm the CAT CDMA provides a similar service to TRUE H?

CAT CDMA Samui

There is no reason to be rude or disrespectful or attack anyone else and your opinion as stated is far from humble.

This comment "the CAT service bears almost no relation to the service being discussed here. Certainly in terms of bandwidth." is about as absurd as it gets. I am getting 1.59 mbits down, 0.65 up, here's a speedtest.net image:

http://www.speedtest.../1508586772.png

One advantage the CAT service has over True is that it is truly unlimited, as someone had asked about. After 3 GB or 5 GB or whatever, the speed does not drop off. You can connect up to five devices to the MiFi. I've been quite satisfied with it. I probably downloaded 25 GB of movies last month. I usually get around 150-200 kilobytes per second download speeds, quite sufficient for my needs anyhow.

"Secondly, it was 'pretty obvious' to no one but you". Speak for yourself; it's another option for people to consider, there's no reason to be obnoxious because I mentioned it.

In addition, my experience with True's Edge (2g) service is that it is horribly slow. Thus, if you are out of a 3g area you will encounter speeds that are barely even suitable for checking email. Coverage (in southern Thailand) is excellent with the CAT CDMA service and it is extremely stable.

Edited by DavidMavec

CAT CDMA Samui

There is no reason to be rude or disrespectful or attack anyone else and your opinion as stated is far from humble.

This comment "the CAT service bears almost no relation to the service being discussed here. Certainly in terms of bandwidth." is about as absurd as it gets. I am getting 1.59 mbits down, 0.65 up, here's a speedtest.net image:

http://www.speedtest.../1508586772.png

One advantage the CAT service has over True is that it is truly unlimited, as someone had asked about. After 3 GB or 5 GB or whatever, the speed does not drop off. You can connect up to five devices to the MiFi. I've been quite satisfied with it. I probably downloaded 25 GB of movies last month. I usually get around 150-200 kilobytes per second download speeds, quite sufficient for my needs anyhow.

"Secondly, it was 'pretty obvious' to no one but you". Speak for yourself; it's another option for people to consider, there's no reason to be obnoxious because I mentioned it.

In addition, my experience with True's Edge (2g) service is that it is horribly slow. Thus, if you are out of a 3g area you will encounter speeds that are barely even suitable for checking email. Coverage (in southern Thailand) is excellent with the CAT CDMA service and it is extremely stable.

First of all, you quoted my post; which was in reply to a question about an iPhone. Secondly, other users report a far worse service than which you quote....on Samui. Thirdly, the TRUE H service offers bandwidth far in excess of what you have quoted. Fourthly, again, compatibility. As for being obnoxious... was it not you who first used the phrase "pretty obvious..."?

Though on one thing I do agree...if one's pattern of usage fits the CAT CDMA service then it most certainly can be considered. But this thread is for the consideration and evaluation of True 3G And True H.

Hi all

I am bigc and i have shares in true visions and 3G in my shops is better than every where buy it quick asap. so i can make loads of money . sorry i mean so u can have loads of internet.

Ps some of what i said what not true infact allot of it was complete <deleted>.

As to what parts of my story are true and what is not. u should habe to decide. winner gets a free chicken slightly killed

Hi all

I am bigc and i have shares in true visions and 3G in my shops is better than every where buy it quick asap. so i can make loads of money . sorry i mean so u can have loads of internet.

Ps some of what i said what not true infact allot of it was complete <deleted>.

As to what parts of my story are true and what is not. u should habe to decide. winner gets a free chicken slightly killed

Better offer than the over sweet pile of nonsense on this thread. Can't these people just say what provider they are using and do a ping test?

Save a whole lot of number crunchies eh?