Which Visa Is Cheapest And Easiest

We are Canadian passport holders, hubby is over 50 and wants to stay for 4-5 months. Me and our daughter can only go for about 3 months. Our son is only going to come for 2 months Hubby prefers not to have to do any sort of Visa run if possible. :blink: My head is spinning reading all the types and requirements. If anyone has an easy solution or answer I would appreciate it. Also is there a problem with a 17 yr old entering the country by himself?

Thanks Carol

The only one who may qualify for anything other than a Tourist Visa is your husband, and for such a short stay I don't think i would bother to try to obtain another type of visa.

He should probably apply for a double entry Tourist Visa, and the remaining family members single entry Tourist Visas. Each entry would permit a stay of 60 days, and can be extended at an immigration office for 1900 Baht for additional 30 days. Your husband would just need to do one border run before the visa expiration date to initiate the second 60 day entry.

Yep. A Double Entry Tourist Visa will give 6 months stay with a border run in the middle and a couple of extensions.A Single Entry will give 3 months with an extension.

Tourist Visas cost the equivalent of 1,000 Baht each entry.

The extension costs 1,900 baht.

The only visa that would allow more than 90 days without exit is the non immigrant O-A issued for retirement which requires police report/medical/financial proof (so not cost/time effective for such a short period). A two entry tourist visa is his best option, making his exit/return at end of 60 days for a new 60 day stay (and if that is not quite enough extending the final stay) or as above extending both entries for almost six month stay. Everyone else can use single entry tourist visas.

There is no problem for 17 year old to travel here. At least not in a legal sense.

So I have another question. What if my daughter and I stayed 105 days. What would that mean in terms of Visa runs and types and stuff?

Turns out if we leave two weeks earlier we can catch a fabulous airfare sale :D

One choice is to apply for a single entry Tourist Visa, that would allow a stay of 60 days, that can be extended 30 days for 1900 Baht. Then do a border run and enter by land, for a 15 day stay visa exempt, or re-enter by air for 30 day stay also visa exempt.

.Another option would be to apply for a double entry Tourist Visa, enter for 60 days, do a border run and return to utilize the second 60 day entry.

You all should obtain a two entry tourist visa - no extensions of stay will be required for you and daughter just a border crossing and return. Husband can probably do the same crossing and only extend his second entry to cover his additional time (depending on exact amount of time).