Foreigners And Thais Arrested In Two Drug Busts

webfact

Six arrested in two drug busts

By The Nation

30164328-01.jpg

National Police chief Wichean Potephosree yesterday lauded Narcotics Suppression police for scoring two drug busts resulting in the arrests of six suspects, including three Malaysians, and the seizure of 45 kilograms of "ice" crystal methamphetamine and 80kg of marijuana.

Narcotics Suppression Division 2 officers conducted a sting operation, offering to buy 100kg of marijuana for Bt400,000 from a drug dealer identified as Dey in Nakhon Phanom.

Police then arrested Dey's accomplice, Noi Tocho, 45, who delivered some of the drugs and was checking the banknotes,while Dey narrowly escaped. Police later searched Dey's home and found 58kg of marijuana.

Operatives from Narcotics Suppression Police 3 and Provincial Police Region 9 caught three Malaysian men and two Thai women in Songkhla's Sadao district while allegedly trying to transport 45kg of crystal meth worth Bt145 million to Malaysia.

The five suspects maintained their innocence.

nationlogo.jpg

-- The Nation 2011-09-02

When is death sentence going to be implemented for drug carriers regardless of the amount carried in? We need enough clowns like them to make up the statistics so that these group of losers will think twice about dealing with drugs. Wait, death sentence should be implemented worldwide for drug carriers instead.

Edited by AngelofDeath

When is death sentence going to be implemented for drug carriers regardless of the amount carried in? We need enough clowns like them to make up the statistics so that these group of losers will think twice about dealing with drugs. Wait, death sentence should be implemented worldwide for drug carriers instead.

You may well have your wish partly satisfied. It is rumoured that under PTP's new war on drugs undercover police will be authorized to offer to sell you a joint. and if you fail to say no within 10 seconds, they will execute you on the spot.

This is expected to hugely reduce Thailand's drug problem within 6 months, along with the housing shortage and the unemployment caused by the B300 minimum wage. When a reporter asked Yingluk if it was true that her family had been investing heavily in the funeral industry, she walked away claiming that the question was aggressive and impertinent.

You may well have your wish partly satisfied. It is rumoured that under PTP's new war on drugs undercover police will be authorized to offer to sell you a joint. and if you fail to say no within 10 seconds, they will execute you on the spot.

This is expected to hugely reduce Thailand's drug problem within 6 months, along with the housing shortage and the unemployment caused by the B300 minimum wage. When a reporter asked Yingluk if it was true that her family had been investing heavily in the funeral industry, she walked away claiming that the question was aggressive and impertinent.

Marvelous idea! Sometimes, sacrifice has to be made for the greater good. When people start dealing with drugs or take drugs, they are as good as dead.

Marvelous idea! Sometimes, sacrifice has to be made for the greater good. When people start dealing with drugs or take drugs, they are as good as dead.

Let's hope that the Indian tailors along Sukhumvit and other areas don't decide this is a pretty good idea and adapt their own version.

Why do us farangs buy the stuff. I think leave them in jail all their life and community service of cleaning the bar toilets.

Are farangs buying all that crystal meth?!? that's insane. I assumed all these details of meth busts was for local consumption by thais. Or are thais exporting to... where? meth is a really really bad drug, and I've seen the effects first hand in trailer park America - really bad and sad. So will these poor souls get executed? That's also very sad.

Why do us farangs buy the stuff. I think leave them in jail all their life and community service of cleaning the bar toilets.

Are farangs buying all that crystal meth?!? that's insane. I assumed all these details of meth busts was for local consumption by thais. Or are thais exporting to... where? meth is a really really bad drug, and I've seen the effects first hand in trailer park America - really bad and sad. So will these poor souls get executed? That's also very sad.

crystal meth Is also rampant in my home town in south wales....the people who are hooked on this drug will do any thing to get money so they can get there next fix.

they are all Scumbags

The mule is arrested while the dealer conveniently escapes, narrowly. Does narrowly mean he barely had enough tea money to walk? The police chief lauded this operation.

The whole "corrupt police!" accusation get's boring fast when you:

1) Have no evidence of corruption

2) Haven't even logically thought it through (why arrest everyone when they can get monthly payments?)

I wonder why reactions like this are allowed here.Death sentence for all drug carriers?It will only make the price of drugs higher, which will be very convenient to the big dealers, who never ' carry' drugs, but from time to time let some of their ' carriers' to be caught in order divert the public opinion from the REAL problem, which is in my eyes the unnecessary criminalization of drugs.As the CHIEF of police in Rotterdam ( Netherlands) once said: make all drugs free and you are out of the problem.And the problem is, too often, the ones who try to solve the problem ( often the same who are involved in drug trafficking in one way or another...)

Brown people get it first and have harder times getting out in thailand.....and i hate people who say this abroad, but here it is pretty much true given fist they don't have as much tea money and two they are more visibly going to make LOS look bad.

It isn't racism. It's a factual observation of reality.

I think junkies should be added to the list.

I wonder why reactions like this are allowed here.Death sentence for all drug carriers?It will only make the price of drugs higher, which will be very convenient to the big dealers, who never ' carry' drugs, but from time to time let some of their ' carriers' to be caught in order divert the public opinion from the REAL problem, which is in my eyes the unnecessary criminalization of drugs.As the CHIEF of police in Rotterdam ( Netherlands) once said: make all drugs free and you are out of the problem.And the problem is, too often, the ones who try to solve the problem ( often the same who are involved in drug trafficking in one way or another...)

You don't even have to make drugs free, just make them legal. Prohibition in the US created the Mafia. Prohibition of drugs creates crime and desperate people. As someone posted drug addicts will do anything to get them. The enormous cost due to illegal status causes addicts to commit criminal acts to purchase something that if legal would cost a few baht. Drug addicts should be treated with rehabilitation, not execution. Many people self-medicate with illegal substances and need the help of those who are compassionate enough to understand their pain.

I only know Thai people that use Ice here, mostly women. Yaba is more common with low-income men. The party-crowd of foreigners and girls that cost a lot like cocaine. That is the generalized picture anyway.

Or you could just admit that the war on drugs is a complete and utter failure and try another approach to solve this social problem.

Edited by saroq

The mule is arrested while the dealer conveniently escapes, narrowly. Does narrowly mean he barely had enough tea money to walk? The police chief lauded this operation.

The whole "corrupt police!" accusation get's boring fast when you:

1) Have no evidence of corruption

2) Haven't even logically thought it through (why arrest everyone when they can get monthly payments?)

Aren't statements 1) and 2) contradictory? If they are taking monthly payments isn't that evidence of corruption?

What a pity the the Thai police dint let them get over the border and tipped of the Malay police then the scum bags would have got death. which is exactly what they deserve.

Does anyone know how to find out what actually happens in these cases does this shit now get sold in Thailand by a different dealer?

You don't even have to make drugs free, just make them legal. Prohibition in the US created the Mafia. Prohibition of drugs creates crime and desperate people. As someone posted drug addicts will do anything to get them. The enormous cost due to illegal status causes addicts to commit criminal acts to purchase something that if legal would cost a few baht. Drug addicts should be treated with rehabilitation, not execution. Many people self-medicate with illegal substances and need the help of those who are compassionate enough to understand their pain.

Make them legal are you kidding. My son is already hooked on yabba if you make this shit legal I wont be able to control him with threats of getting arrested. I would be saying goodby to a basically good kid and people like you would be taking responsibility?

"Ice" is VERY scary stuff and the government needs to act NOW to start educating kids and the public on its dangers. This is not Ya-Baa, its extremely dangerous and highly addictive. It is also very easy to conceal due to the small amount of crystal needed for a hit which means people are more willing to risk moving it. It seems to me that more and more news of drug busts involving this stuff is hitting the news. I hope the government can quickly initiate a campaign of education (and eradication) to stop this trade.

Make them legal are you kidding. My son is already hooked on yabba if you make this shit legal I wont be able to control him with threats of getting arrested. I would be saying goodby to a basically good kid and people like you would be taking responsibility?

Agree. I have a friend who has the same problem with his son. Yaa-baa has made their lives a living hell with him stealing everything he can get his hands on just so he can get another fix. They have almost nothing of value left in the house and the only TV left is now bolted into a steel cage on the wall. Addictive drugs must be banned, simple as that.

The thing i find hard to swallow is those that advocate the legalisation of this sort of stuff. Are you guys for real??

What society, anywhere on the planet, have you actually witnessed what (good things) have eventuated from the legalization of these drugs?

You cannot even guess what a mess society would become, simply because it hasnt happened anywhere in the world, so it has never been witnessed what the after effects would be. If memeory serves, even Amsterdam is getting stricter with its attitude to drug culture.

Alcohol being legal already is the majour cause of death, disease and domestic and social violence in society. Do you seriously think legalisation of this stuff will improove things?

Anyone who does must already be mentally effected by drugs IMO.

^

Not everybody that uses drugs automatically becomes an addict with all the problems associated with it same as not everybody that consumes alcohol becomes an alcoholic.

Legalization probably won’t happen in Thailand in the near future but decriminalization of drug users is slowly gaining ground because everybody realizes it’s pretty useless to lock people up for long time who’ve been caught with some yaba or ice.

Fortunately my kids (so far) have steered clear of drugs. But I had a business partner who developed a nasty ice/speed/cocaine (depending on how much money he could get) habit. It was a nightmare. I felt some compassion for him for a while as his marriage fell apart, and he was making endless promises to give it up, but as is often the case he just became too heavy a load to bear.

If you have a genuine need for medicinal pain relief you can get it legally.

Execute narcotics and amphetamine traffickers without hesitation.

If drugs were legalized you would have a recession. Like2008. It is an industry. 100,000's of thousands of people would be thrown outof work. It is like tobacco and alcohol the biggest killer and most expensive drugs ever intorduced. It will never end.

Edited by garyk

I once had a very pleasant friend named Peter, (owner of Kanya's secret Garden) we both had a friend called Timo who was also a nice guy but Timo started taking Yaba and ended up brutally stabbing Peter to death, I think Timo is rotting in a Thai jail somewhere.

"Peter went to heaven and Timo went to hell"

The governments around the world better start getting tough with this problem or we all suffer in the end as these drugs end up making ordinary people into crazy people, The DEATH sentance is the only way to combat these monsters. :ermm: