Annual Retirement Extension - Maptaphut/Rayong

I am posting to report that nothing has changed here in Rayong (for me) since last year.

I am American, retired and on my 6th extension.

I use the income affidavit from the US Embassy as proof of income for the extension. I have always used this method.

Arrived at Immigration at 0915 and took my number. Called up in about 2 minutes.

Submitted my paperwork and I was finished before 0945.

Paperwork submitted was the usual:

TM 7 app with photo ( I fill and print this the day before)

Pension letter (letter dated just the day before from the Outreach visit)

Copy passport photo pages

Copy passport visa pages

Copy departure card

All copies signed by me

First officer reviewed the papers, validated them, calculated the USD amount from the letter in to baht amount I paid her the 1900 baht. When receiving my passport from the supervisor she showed me my extension stamp for the new year and I quickly pointed out the stamp was not correct and they added 10 days to my one year. She called over the first officer and we laughed at the error. I said no problem for me to get extra 10 days and the officer said for her it was a big problem. She quickly corrected the error and I was on my way.

So for me using the income letter from US Embassy was as easy as the previous years. No questions about anything. Of course this report is for one American on one day in LOS it may differ for you in the office you visit

Edited by longball53098

I realize that and therefore mentioned specifically mentioned that I would be using the Pattaya/Jomtien office. There are reports that Patts/Jom has discontinued the "bank letter," which was required as recently as last year. Just wanted to see if this was the same in Rayong or maybe it was never been required in Rayong and therefore no change for that office.

I have never had to show anything more than the pension letter in 4 years at the Rayong office. No books or bank letters or copies of anything. No proof of address or utility bills or anything other than what I posted.

Maybe a bit over confident on my part but I do not take anything more with me in case of questions although I only live a short distance from the office so if I needed I could run home in short order.

• 3 months later...

arrived at 11.45am last friday had documents as listed by longball ( except i did 800k).

Visa issued within 15 mins.

i also usually do my application at Bangkok immigration,but as i have a condo in Rayong thought i would try Rayong immigration.

I also changed reason for extension of stay from family to retirement with no problem and is a much simpler process.

It was the best and most pleasant experience i have had at immigration, the guy in charge was very helpful as were the staff.

Not very busy.

I have always used a lawyer because of wp issues, no need with retirement.