Car Wheel Alignment

Johnniey

No offense Kwasaki, Hak oughta know.. I'd go with his translation it's a safe bet :) .

If I tried telling them in Thai they would probably start taking my steering wheel off. :blink:

I get mine checked at a Cockpit outlet they have excellent all 4 wheel computerized alignment equipment and you can just point at the signed list of work you want done which all in English.:D

Tang soon is correct. its translates to set zero. just take it to any of the big tire shops. they do it for about 250 baht

Greg

Yes, but aligning the wheels (front) to zero is not what you want. :)

Only for drag racing. :lol:

Actually a bit of toe-in will help the car to keep a stright line. Theoretically you should go quicker (with zero toe-in), but I think it would be lost to the fact that "the shortest way from A to B is a stright line". :D

Edited by Semper

No offense Kwasaki, Hak oughta know.. I'd go with his translation it's a safe bet :) .

If I tried telling them in Thai they would probably start taking my steering wheel off. :blink:

Well you have to watch out for that anyways even if you speak perfectly passable Thai. Rule #1 never let your guard down lest you end up with no steering wheel when you came in for an alignment :lol: ....

Tang soon is correct. its translates to set zero. just take it to any of the big tire shops. they do it for about 250 baht

Greg

Only for drag racing. :lol:

Actually a bit of toe-in will help the car to keep a stright line. Theoretically you should go quicker (with zero toe-in), but I think it would be lost to the fact that "the shortest way from A to B is a stright line". :D

And less tire drag because the pavement friction will move it to "0" = more speed....Conversely starting at "0" toe will cause tire drag as the tires are forced outward into a "toe out" condition by the pavements friction and the airflow around the car increasing downforce.

Edited by WarpSpeed

Greg

Yes but even Thai's can distinguish that you don't literally mean "0" when they have enough experience with alignment..