British kick-boxer to be extradited to Thailand over murder of US Marine

Lite Beer

• Replies 876
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

anyone traveling to a foreign land should understand the legal system of that land applies and not their home country when they are visiting.

That's a given and if they are arrested in that country for an offence certainly. Aldhouse wasn't.

Just because every tourist doesn't share your views is no reason to believe they are not informed or that the VAST MAJORITY of people visiting Thailand don't have a great time and often come again and again.

Sure, have a great time but let's be honest about the place and tell the truth. Nothing wrong with that is there? The vast majority of visitors to Thailand don't have a clue about how the place really operates. That comes with experience although even then some never seem to grasp it.

These facts remain; the Thai Police and justice system is thoroughly corrupt and the prison system is inhumane.

As such, I don't believe British citizens should be sent back from Britain to these systems, and instead he should be dealt with in the UK.

How would they prosecute him in the UK when all the evidence and witnesses are in Thailand? Makes utterly no sense at all.

I'm sure anything is possible but in addition to the things you mentioned ... what about basic things like the rules of evidence collecting and chains of command for handling and examining evidence that differs in each country? Does evidence get thrown out because a lab in Thailand, not accredited in the UK, examined/tested evidence according to Thai procedures and not UK? Does the UK have power to subpoena all the witnesses and force them to go to and testify in a trial half way around the world?

It seems pretty clear if he is not extradited then he would walk but all indications are he will be extradited but it will likely take a while.

Nothing to do with this Brit scum, but probably as relevant, have the Thais involved in the Luke Mitchell murder been extradited to Australia yet?

I bumped the thread earlier for the latest news. No replies as yet.

TWO Thai nationals charged with the murder of Luke Mitchell will fight extradition from Bangkok, claiming that they would not receive a fair trial in Melbourne and that the Victorian jails they would be held in are Third World standard

Read more: http://www.theage.com.au/victoria/thai-pair-fight-extradition-20110426-1dv5x.html#ixzz1XUeMNxcr

I hope the englishman gets off. As if is a fair fight boxer aginst marine. Doesn't say much for the u.s militery

At the end of the day there is no. Real proof that he done it. Jut a fight that went wrong. If the american provoked hhim then is that really fair that he should get in trouble. If he gets tried in england is that unnder thai law or english law or american law

Brit scum , yet the others are just Thais. Yet none have been charged or been to court on trial .

Yes, that's usually what happens when you commit offenses in a foreign country that you are no longer in and have yet to be extradited to.

Edited by hehehoho

I hope the englishman gets off. As if is a fair fight boxer aginst marine. Doesn't say much for the u.s militery

At the end of the day there is no. Real proof that he done it. Jut a fight that went wrong. If the american provoked hhim then is that really fair that he should get in trouble. If he gets tried in england is that unnder thai law or english law or american law

I have to assume you have no idea what-so-ever about the facts in the case to make such comments.

At the end of the day there is no. Real proof that he done it. Jut a fight that went wrong. If the american provoked hhim then is that really fair that he should get in trouble.

I have to assume you have no idea what-so-ever about the facts in the case to make such comments.

What facts? The ones the Thai press and police decide on?

At the end of the day there is no. Real proof that he done it. Jut a fight that went wrong. If the american provoked hhim then is that really fair that he should get in trouble.

That and many witnesses, forensic evidence, video tape .... I suggest you actually watch the videos and read (numerous sources available) about the incident before continuing to make such silly comments.

Edited by Nisa

Apparently you haven't read the story of what happened otherwise you'd know what you were talking about.

How would they prosecute him in the UK when all the evidence and witnesses are in Thailand? Makes utterly no sense at all.

Agreed! And what crimes has he committed on British soil....NONE. He was charged in the jurisdiction where the crime occured and cannot be tried in the US or UK since no offense was committed in either of those nations. Persons of any nationality are subject to the local laws as in the case of this crime perpetrated in Phuket, Th. Most embassys warn travelers to foreign countries that thet are subject to local laws and prosecution in the country they are visiting. In summation; this crime committed in Thailand, was not committerd in the UK, or the USA and therefore no criminal jurisdiction applies except in Thailand.

That and many witnesses,

Witnesses to the murder? Please go on.

The victim's GF first reported that she only saw the murderer leave through the broken door as she came out of the bedroom. Seems she (or the police) have changed her story a bit. What other 'witnesses' (loose term in this case) are there to the murder? Please go on.

forensic evidence,

What forensic evidence has been submitted to the court? Hope the RTP weren't the ones collecting it. :whistling:

video tape ....

Of the murder?

Or the video tape of a man appearing to be Aldhouse steal something from a 7-11. And a 7-11 knife wasn't found at the murder scene (but hundreds of yards away), another bloody knife was..... unless the RTP have been meddling again.

Hmmmm.

Edited by hehehoho

You sound really smart

Right, heho.

First you insinuate nothing reported in this case is reliable, then you go on to discuss what you have heard reported. Why bother.

And wowee hadn't heard that about the 7-11 knife being close but not at the scene. Pretty clear to me now that Aldhouse only considered the murder from a couple of hundred metres away but the tooth fairy swooped in and committed it before he had a chance.

I hope the Englishman gets off. As if is a fair fight boxer aginst marine. Doesn't say much for the u.s military

At the end of the day there is no. Real proof that he done it. Jut a fight that went wrong. If the American provoked him then is that really fair that he should get in trouble. If he gets tried in England is that under Thai law or English law or American law

A guy buys a knife with intent and uses it and that is fair ? :rolleyes: If the Marine had the tools of his trade at hand the Brit would be in a box.

AND please install a spell check, done the grammar :rolleyes: for you.

The victim's GF first reported that she only saw the murderer leave through the broken door as she came out of the bedroom. Seems she (or the police) have changed her story a bit. What other 'witnesses' (loose term in this case) are there to the murder? Please go on.

forensic evidence,

What forensic evidence has been submitted to the court? Hope the RTP weren't the ones collecting it. :whistling:

video tape ....

Of the murder?

Or the video tape of a man appearing to be Aldhouse steal something from a 7-11. And a 7-11 knife wasn't found at the murder scene (but hundreds of yards away), another bloody knife was..... unless the RTP have been meddling again.

Hmmmm.

cheesy.gif

You sound really smart

Doesn't say much for the US military?

No what?

The American should get in trouble? Huh? His ghost? Whatever you're smoking is potent, or you are related to Beavis and Butthead.

In any case, the so called "tough guy" is about to find out what real violence is. In other words, he will get a taste of his own medicine - served by many different cooks.

Another wanna be .

That prob can't fight his way out of a paper bag ,mouthing off like he is the leader of some gang & has ordered an exicution without trial .

In any case, the so called "tough guy" is about to find out what real violence is. In other words, he will get a taste of his own medicine - served by many different cooks.

Another wanna be .

That prob can't fight his way out of a paper bag ,mouthing off like he is the leader of some gang & has ordered an exicution without trial .

But don't you know he was a battle hardened marine? there standards must of gone down even further to start recruiting from the ghettos and slums ;)

Another wanna be .

But don't you know he was a battle hardened marine? there standards must of gone down even further to start recruiting from the ghettos and slums ;)

Whatever standards some have set on this thread it seems to have been lost in the countless pages of meaningless nonsense.

Also BigC I'm surprised to see you here amongst this....read the thread on the Phuket forum posted soon after the event will give you a clearer picture. Unless you know more than you have let on here of course...which wouldn't surprise me....

Anyone who spell checks my posts or attempts to "correct grammar" will be receiving their first stalker on here. Look after yourselves.

Another wanna be .

Whatever standards some have set on this thread it seems to have been lost in the countless pages of meaningless nonsense.

Also BigC I'm surprised to see you here amongst this....read the thread on the Phuket forum posted soon after the event will give you a clearer picture. Unless you know more than you have let on here of course...which wouldn't surprise me....

Anyone who spell checks my posts or attempts to "correct grammar" will be receiving their first stalker on here. Look after yourselves.

I do not like mouthy murdering bully <deleted> who brag about how tough they are, and resort to using knives. So why is my post meaningless nonsense?

I think everyone agrees that if he done the said crime then he should do the time , but stop all the pomp and flair as im sure none of you who are considering the vigilante route could ever fulfill the mission! personally i hope if he gets found guilty then a prison sentence whiping out the best years of his life is punnishment enough. On another note does anyone know what happened to the Thai copper who shot dead the two young backpackers in khanchanaburi? was he sent to England to face trial? very much doubt it so if the Thais really want to play ball then there's an olive branch right there

Right, heho.

First you insinuate nothing reported in this case is reliable, then you go on to discuss what you have heard reported. Why bother.

And wowee hadn't heard that about the 7-11 knife being close but not at the scene. Pretty clear to me now that Aldhouse only considered the murder from a couple of hundred metres away but the tooth fairy swooped in and committed it before he had a chance.

Not 'the 7-11 knife', 'a 7-11 knife'. :rolleyes:

Remember, courts generally deal with facts. As for the rest of your post, didn't you have to agree that you were over 13 yrs old when signing up here? :huh:

forensic evidence,

video tape ....

Of the murder?

Hmmmm.

cheesy.gif

So that's no witnesses (besides the unreliable GF who seems to be changing stories)?

No video evidence of the crime (murder)?

No forensic evidence?

Is that correct to the best of your knowledge Nisa? (yes or no please Nisa)

Do the TRP police even have his fingerprints/DNA? :huh: (open question)

Edited by hehehoho