Chevy Captiva - Honda Crv Or ?

oakweb

I thought the front grill had changed, I saw one the other day with a completely different one and it looked great, have an Optra Estate so logically also looking at a Captiva. Another vehicle I saw, and must say it looked good from the outside was the Mitsubishi Pajero, but only saw the outside not the inside.

Any idea what bits are used in a Captiva ?.Not more cheapy old Korean stuff please.. It does look nice, but is it another Chevy Badge Bodge .:D

Bit like a Bedford Green Goddess eh. :lol:

Small and pricey not to mention slow, end of the year they have a new diesel engine coming out. I don't like the PJS they lean and that bloody big gap between the wheel's and arch EEEEEK. But I'dd have one of those any day.

Chevy has lost it for me here. Their offerings seem to be bits cobbled together from redundant stock collected at fire salvage sales all over Asia, Think of Honda, and i see a Synchronized one stop shop..E.G. Showrooms are never or rarely new, to pupose built Specs. The Captiva looks as if a Stylist was left alone,and did a fine job. The Cruze had the dopes who designed the old TR 7 :o

I would like to know what the diesel version will cost when it comes end of the year.

1.6 mill for the top model 2.4 LTZ is not cheap, but I don't know the difference between the ltz and lsx models, can't translate chevy web page (still working on it , he-he)

Perhaps the Techi posters can answer this. Why are European Diesel engines CLACK FREE. The sound of a Isuzu starting up is like chalk on a blackboard to my ears. I remember renting an 1800cc Ford car in England years ago and it wasnt truck like.. I coulnt live with any non import diesel here Are they getting rid of old junk here again.?.Im stunned a Captive is anywhere near 1.6 Mill. .???.

Perhaps the Techi posters can answer this. Why are European Diesel engines CLACK FREE. The sound of a Isuzu starting up is like chalk on a blackboard to my ears. I remember renting an 1800cc Ford car in England years ago and it wasnt truck like.. I coulnt live with any non import diesel here Are they getting rid of old junk here again.?.Im stunned a Captive is anywhere near 1.6 Mill. .???.

Clack free is done by small injection(s) prior to compression, called pilot injection. takes a few thousand hours to get it right and quiet. Toyota done the best job in TH, but far from BMW,benz, audi, rover/peugeot, ford (VM Motori) and japs Honda

Izu diesel is one of the least refined at this point of the thai diesels

In addition izu has a noisy timing chain, while most modern diesels use a less noisy belt

In an earlier post I said they were small and pricey but I didn't think that Pricey EEEEEK.

Clack free is done by small injection(s) prior to compression, called pilot injection. takes a few thousand hours to get it right and quiet. Toyota done the best job in TH, but far from BMW,benz, audi, rover/peugeot, ford (VM Motori) and japs Honda

In addition izu has a noisy timing chain, while most modern diesels use a less noisy belt

Thanks for that .But why are there millions of quit ones about, but not here. Are they made from old stock blocks, or some other shortcut . If i was Mr Chevy and heard my Products in Europe and then came here id want to know what the Cluk you put in there. These Clackers should be much cheaper, but they aint. Any more info.?.

Thanks for that .But why are there millions of quit ones about, but not here. Are they made from old stock blocks, or some other shortcut . If i was Mr Chevy and heard my Products in Europe and then came here id want to know what the Cluk you put in there. These Clackers should be much cheaper, but they aint. Any more info.?.

the clackers are cheap, in europe izu fetches 80% of Vigos price, and vw amarok has just entered european pickupmarket with a modern clack free diesel, and the rest are wetting their pants, or actually toyota has thrown in a bunch of stash but no increase in price to try to keep their european vigos 25% marketshare

its all a question of price, Bosch is happy to provide the software and hardware, but at a price. so all the japs/thai go Denso, and mitsu and toyota has spendt more time on optimising, toyota focused on refinement, mitsu on power. izu/gm as always on low development- and manufactoring price

and back on topic, daewoo/gm 2,2 diesel is promising, wonder if opel has been involved?

honda has a good review 2,2 also, but wont market it in TH

her in Th most dont give a shit about refinement, most of the highwaytransporters actually install a second muffler with a build in whistle to increase sound level :lol: :lol:

Any idea what bits are used in a Captiva ?.Not more cheapy old Korean stuff please.. It does look nice, but is it another Chevy Badge Bodge .:D

Of course it is; the 'new' Captiva is just face-lifted with minor changes and gasoline engines compatible with E85 - Chevy is obviously going after would-be CRV buyers who want more than five seats. I don't even know where E85 is sold but if you could use it regularly the fuel savings would be significant if you compare the fuel consumption of 2.4l Captiva with 2.4l CRV. By volume, E85 gives anywhere up to 20% less than 91 but costs 40% less - well it did before the government altered the levies.

Of course it is; the 'new' Captiva is just face-lifted with minor changes and gasoline engines compatible with E85 - Chevy is obviously going after would-be CRV buyers who want more than five seats. I don't even know where E85 is sold but if you could use it regularly the fuel savings would be significant if you compare the fuel consumption of 2.4l Captiva with 2.4l CRV. By volume, E85 gives anywhere up to 20% less than 91 but costs 40% less - well it did before the government altered the levies.

Captiva was sold in Europe as Daewoo a while, before GM decided to badgeneer it to Chevy in most markets

Its been around for a few years, and except for the 2,4 has become E85 compatible, not much has been changed

as for E85, Volvo techs claim their 5 pot 2,5T flexifuel to use less fuel running E85, but they do have an engine extremely well adapted for E85/CNG/LPG