Photochromatic Glass'S

Jebhead

Unfortunately now i to spend a lot of time in front of the computer at work & this leads to sore eyes / head. Someone told me that photochromatic glass's would help, does anyone have any experience with these?

Would a normal optician be able to help me, i'm in Pattaya. I have my eyes tested once or twice a year for work medical and have 20/20 vision so just need something for the hours in fromt of computer.

Thanks

JH

Just about any eye glass shop can order up such lenses for you, and given your 20/20 vision, and a cheap set of frames, reckon it'd be pretty cheap. Ask around.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Photochromic_lens

I've been using such lenses since about 1972 when I got my first set from Hong Kong, use bifocals now so cost is up a bit, but not a whole lot. Don't use them for the PC, tho, bare eyeballs for that, sorry.

Mac

Just about any eye glass shop can order up such lenses for you, and given your 20/20 vision, and a cheap set of frames, reckon it'd be pretty cheap. Ask around.

http://en.wikipedia....otochromic_lens

I've been using such lenses since about 1972 when I got my first set from Hong Kong, use bifocals now so cost is up a bit, but not a whole lot. Don't use them for the PC, tho, bare eyeballs for that, sorry.

Mac

Thanks for that

JH

Ask your optician what lenses they have available for computer work. There are specially tinted lens available for specific activities like computer use. They only cost a few hundred baht more than a regular prescription. Photochromic are fast reacting lenses great for use in different types of light so are a bit of a waste in a static situation like sitting in front of a computer.

I use photochromic lenses for my everyday glasses, and a computer tint with a different prescription to reading glasses for when I need to spend time at a computer. Some people say the tint is a waste of time but my eyes always feel less tired when I use them.

Ask your optician what lenses they have available for computer work. There are specially tinted lens available for specific activities like computer use. They only cost a few hundred baht more than a regular prescription. Photochromic are fast reacting lenses great for use in different types of light so are a bit of a waste in a static situation like sitting in front of a computer.

I use photochromic lenses for my everyday glasses, and a computer tint with a different prescription to reading glasses for when I need to spend time at a computer. Some people say the tint is a waste of time but my eyes always feel less tired when I use them.

Got a price today, 4500 for lenses only, does this sound about right? from Top Chaleron ( spelling? )

JH

I would suggest you check website http://www.zennioptical.com/ and check there lens prices - which range from $19 to $169 for various thickness/types of photochromic lens. Service to Thailand is about 7 days (shipment from China).

But I would seriously doubt this is going to help as they just react to UV light (sunlight) to reduce the incoming light. You could probably do a better job of this by reducing contrast and brightness of the monitor on your computer.

But suspect polarized lens might be of some help as I always found such sunglasses to sharpen image when driving.

Got a price today, 4500 for lenses only, does this sound about right? from Top Chaleron ( spelling? )

JH

Top Charoen I think is how it's spelled

It's more than I'm paying for my prescription lenses. I'm getting them replaced at the moment locally and they were even apologetic that the replacements would cost 1900 baht... maybe you get what you pay for as mine are a bit worn now but after three years they needed updating anyway.

Did my MIL's glasses recently at what I thought looked an expensive shop and she was offered several different lenses starting at only 800 baht. Think I paid 1600 or so in the end. The cheaper ones apparently have different or perhaps no coating at all, more reflective maybe, can't remember the reasons for the difference for sure now. As for mine I think my frames and lenses were under 5000 baht total. For sitting in front of a computer screen I only need something presentable, not high fashion and anyway, my 4,xxx baht frames and lenses feel better than my last $500 pair from Australia.