We Sold Our House!

cathyy

We sold our house here in the US to a lovely young couple. We signed a six-month lease on an apartment. The move to Korat is ever nearer.

We should be arriving for our permanent stay not later than late May, and possibly as early as late April. My husband will finally see the house, furniture, and appliances he paid for well over a year ago.

Where should we go to meet the larger expat community in Korat? We already know a few people, and hear that more farangs have moved into our development since we bought our home. and, of course, I will probably be joining the VFW.

As I understand it, there are a few farang watering holes but, in addition to that, walk around The Mall for 20 minutes and you'll meet plenty more! Will you be living in town or outside? Some of the villages around Korat town are quickly filling with farang too!

Hi Cathy. The Pasinee Restaurant is one of the "meeting places" for the "expat community". And also, the VFW holds their monthly meetings on the second floor of the Pasinee as well as some other functions. You can check out the Pasinee website Here.

Looking forward to seeing you in late April/May. :o

walk around The Mall for 20 minutes and you'll meet plenty more! Will you be living in town or outside?

14 months ago when I was last there I hardly ever saw a farang in The Mall or Tesco-Lotus except when I passed by my reflection. I saw a few more in Big C. I'm glad to hear the population has increased a bit. I suppose fellow farang women are too much to ask for?

We will be living about 15 kilometers south of town, just past the Air Force base. We plan to come to town two or three times a week for groceries and whatnot. Possibly more if we take up volunteer work. I will definitely bring my Sweetie to the Pasinee.

The mall is full of farang on the weekends , I try to avoid going there at that time , just to many people and hard to find good parking but mondays im usually always there food shopping or downstairs at the bar :o Bring hubby and I will buy you a beer .

Not sure about other farang women cathyy, there are a few around I suppose but like yourself are unsure where others reside. I myself was based about 30ks from korat on the way to KK but am now back in the UK for a few years. Could have done with you last year when I was living there though :o

Hope you find some. :D

I've seen farang ladies in The Mall but they may have been tourists - farang husbands and bored kids looking for KFC.

You will be living somewhere near to Pak Tong Chai. There are farang out there, the market is superb for meat, fruit and veg. and the parking is easier than in Korat.

You will be living somewhere near to Pak Tong Chai. There are farang out there, the market is superb for meat, fruit and veg. and the parking is easier than in Korat.

Yes, Pak Thong Chai is about as close as Korat. You say the market has good meat and produce? Well worth a trip to see. The parking in Korat is horrible, so if I can avoid that, get good food, and possibly pay cheaper prices than at the grocery in The Mall I'm all for it.

The mall is full of farang on the weekends , I try to avoid going there at that time , just to many people and hard to find good parking but mondays im usually always there food shopping or downstairs at the bar  :o  Bring hubby and I will buy you a beer .

The only bar I know of isn't downstairs, it's upstairs. Some weird ass name like a microbrewery wannabe. Is the one downstairs in the vicinity of that Japanese restaurant? How will I recognize you? Oh, wait...you'd be the tall, fair-skinned dude, right?

Could have done with you last year when I was living there though :o

You could come back...

Actually, I wanted to post that I was coming last year and see if I could get together with anyone, but I was staying with friends for the first three or four weeks, and felt just me was imposition enough.

The mall is full of farang on the weekends , I try to avoid going there at that time , just to many people and hard to find good parking but mondays im usually always there food shopping or downstairs at the bar  :D  Bring hubby and I will buy you a beer .

The only bar I know of isn't downstairs, it's upstairs. Some weird ass name like a microbrewery wannabe. Is the one downstairs in the vicinity of that Japanese restaurant? How will I recognize you? Oh, wait...you'd be the tall, fair-skinned dude, right?

Ha Ha , Actually I will be the one with the big smile on my face :o

The bar downstairs is between the Japanese place and the Mcdonalds . You can enter either fron the outside and walk down the stairs or you can take the escalater ( sp ? ) all the way down from the Mcdonalds side .