Bangkok Braces For Possible Bird Flu Outbreaks

george

Metro Bangkok bracing for possible bird flu outbreaks

BANGKOK: -- It's coming, and it's coming faster than expected, but--with bird flu deaths and suspected outbreaks moving closer to the country's urban heart--Bangkok itself is preparing for the possible outbreaks of avain influenza.

The Bangkok Metropolitan Administration (BMA) Thursday called an emergency meeting of key medical and management executives of state and private hospitals to prepare for the eventual reality of serious outbreaks in the capital -- to prepare for a possible bird flu epidemic.

Deputy Bangkok Governor Dr. Pensri Pichaisnith said that the city government health authorities BMA has sought co-operation from the hospitals to file immediate report along with details of any suspected bird flu case to the Disease Control Department of BMA.

BMA will also work closely with the Ministry of Public Health, she said.

--TNA/Bangkok Post 2005-11-03

Remember the government official who predicted the possibility of Phuket being hit by a Tsnamui - He was riduculed by then the Governor of Phuket and sacked - Post Tsnamui reinstated and promoted to a position involved with establishing an early warning system.

Next scenario approx 6 months ago another government official predicted the possibility of an avian flu pandemic - he was riduculed and if memory serves me correctly was roasted (no pun intended) by the PM himself.

I wonder if he is a follower of history and is quitely sitting at home with his vaccine in the fridge watching the news with his face mask on and waiting for that phone call - " My son you have been promoted to Colonel with a name change to Sanders awarded the KFC star - come in out of the coop. :o

Edited by mijan24