My New White Isuzu Mu7 Choize

dagling

Mr Timekeeper.The O.P. asked for opinions not recommendations.Stop trying to start a fight, and get your hair cut.You look like a Tuna Driver. :cheesy:

i don't see you are listed as a mod, so mind your own business

i was not asking anything of you and wouldn't bother asking as i guess you are all talk and could not deliver anyway

as Thailaw is such a strong critic of the MU7 i was simply asking him what Thailaw thought would be a good ride

i was not asking the OP anything

you look like you are going fishing for Tuna in your avatar

as to starting a fight, you couldn't fight off sleep..............zzzzzzzzz

Dont be rude about my Alvinstar. Its an early MU 7 Prototype. Or perhaps the next Cruze facelift..:D

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If money is no object, the best SUV available in Thailand is the BMW X5. If we are talking about vehicles in the B1 million to B1.5 million range, the best SUV is the Pajero Sport. The Moo 7 doesn't come close in any significant characteristic except interior volume -- it will hold more dog crap than a PJS. This is not an opinion or a recommendation, it is fact -- the PJS out sells every other SUV on the Thai market today, full stop. As noted above, the Moo 7 appeals to the 5'1" guy with a 1/2" pecker and a serious ego problem and something to prove -- kind of sad really. In a world that makes you feel like dung, you can get behind the wheel of a Moo 7 and feel (and act) like you are king of the road. The Fortuner has some of this also, but to a much lesser degree than the Moo 7. At least the PJS has "human" proportions. They are all boring, utilitarian people movers, and I would not recommend that anyone buy a vehicle in this "class" (actually, a group without much "class"). There are also times when a truck would come in handy, but I wouldn't recommend that anyone buy and own one unless you own a farm/ranch. But if you (a) must haul half of your household possessions to the 7/11 every day, (b ) own an American football franchise or (c ) must travel from Phuket to Chiang Mai three times each week, then go for the PJS, And leave the Moo 7 to those that are trying desperately to prove that they are "real men" -- put something really big between your legs, drive a MU7.....

What a load of twoddle. :lol:

Is your post another "thought" on the MU7? If so, I agree completely. :D

Wow, what a thread this one is!

Congrats on the new car dagling - I'm sure you'll love it :)

Ran my new MU-7 today (200 miles) and is very pleased. Comfortable, quiet and powerful. Recommend anyone who is skeptical about the MU-7 to test drive the new model. The car has the newly developed 3.0-liter DOHC 16-valve 4JJ1-TC common rail engine. A new ABS system and brakes.

Running around with a big smile ...

Everyone must be allowed to their opinion about the design, I like it. But to spew all kinds of crap about the MU-7 without having test driven the car I think is too bad.

As I said, very happy.

If money is no object, the best SUV available in Thailand is the BMW X5. If we are talking about vehicles in the B1 million to B1.5 million range, the best SUV is the Pajero Sport. The Moo 7 doesn't come close in any significant characteristic except interior volume -- it will hold more dog crap than a PJS. This is not an opinion or a recommendation, it is fact -- the PJS out sells every other SUV on the Thai market today, full stop. As noted above, the Moo 7 appeals to the 5'1" guy with a 1/2" pecker and a serious ego problem and something to prove -- kind of sad really. In a world that makes you feel like dung, you can get behind the wheel of a Moo 7 and feel (and act) like you are king of the road. The Fortuner has some of this also, but to a much lesser degree than the Moo 7. At least the PJS has "human" proportions. They are all boring, utilitarian people movers, and I would not recommend that anyone buy a vehicle in this "class" (actually, a group without much "class"). There are also times when a truck would come in handy, but I wouldn't recommend that anyone buy and own one unless you own a farm/ranch. But if you (a) must haul half of your household possessions to the 7/11 every day, (b ) own an American football franchise or (c ) must travel from Phuket to Chiang Mai three times each week, then go for the PJS, And leave the Moo 7 to those that are trying desperately to prove that they are "real men" -- put something really big between your legs, drive a MU7.....

C'mon, this is not football supporting an blind faith, we just talking about cars... real men? BMW x5? Put something big between your legs?

:lol::lol:

If money is no object, the best SUV available in Thailand is the BMW X5.

Have to call you on that one - the Porsche Cayenne S Turbo is the daddy of all SUV's, with the V12 and V8 Audi Q7 diesels coming in second and third. The X6M comes in fourth, the X5M next, then the garden varieties of the Cayenne, Q7, any Range Rover and the X6 all before the regular X5.

But that's only if we count SUV's readily available in Thailand.. expand the list to include American SUV's and the X5 gets pushed close to the bottom of a fairly long list ;)

Edited by MoonRiverOasis

Its fair to say my RR eats any BM. Never tried a Porsche here,but i use a Q7 often, cool. BM sales are weird,they freak if you head for Off Road,its a Baby Buggy for the School Run. I had a Toyo Land Cruiser once, loved it. Excuse me if i say there's some opinions from non users flying about..I must add, the amont of times i use the Rovers Ability is once a month tops.Id say most users love the 4W.D.Badge only on the back of their Trucks.

Its fair to say my RR eats any BM.

But not my MU-7 :lol: ..... Why? It`s too BIG :P

Most posters have driven the top end truck from Isuzy, and like the Tuna there's not much difference between Top Vigo and Sportivo. My ride being English only eats Chips, cant stand Foreign Food..Be careful some nit doesn't scratch it ,seems to be a Thai Tradition. :D

Have to call you on that one - the Porsche Cayenne S Turbo is the daddy of all SUV's, with the V12 and V8 Audi Q7 diesels coming in second and third. The X6M comes in fourth, the X5M next, then the garden varieties of the Cayenne, Q7, any Range Rover and the X6 all before the regular X5.

But that's only if we count SUV's readily available in Thailand.. expand the list to include American SUV's and the X5 gets pushed close to the bottom of a fairly long list ;)

You are probably right, at least as far as the Cayenne is concerned. I was a bit too quick to dub the BMW X5 as "the best", although I do think it has the best handling and creature comfort of any SUV on the road today, including the Cayenne. Overall the Cayenne may be better, I defer to you on that, but I think it depends on what elements of a SUV you feel are important and want emphasized in the vehicle. The X5 is not, for example, designed to emphasize off-road use, and if that is your preference, the X5 may disappoint (or at least other SUVs may rank higher). The X6 is more of a coupe, and that is how BMW characterizes it, so I would not include it in a discussion of SUVs. And I would not include any Range Rover in the "best" (or even in the top 5) of anything. Ditto on the Audi(s) -- they look like crap (IMO) and have very questionable reliability. And whether it has the "M" designation, it is still a X5; I never considered going into that level of detail on what was an off-hand comment, where the real focus of my comment was the MU7 and other SUVs in the same price range. I wish you had focused on that part of my post, as I would have been interested in your views, which are generally the most objective and informed on the motor vehicle sub-forum. If you are a "fan" of the MU7 or would remotely consider buying and owning one, I would be shocked (and frankly disappointed). Cheers,

I wish you had focused on that part of my post, as I would have been interested in your views, which are generally the most objective and informed on the motor vehicle sub-forum. If you are a "fan" of the MU7 or would remotely consider buying and owning one, I would be shocked (and frankly disappointed). Cheers,

There's already been more than enough negativity in this thread, so I'm not going to add to the fire.

IMHO, the MU-7 has it's place - sure it falls short of the Pajero Sport and Fortuner in a few areas, but for people who need to seat seven people and still carry more than a couple of grocery bags, it's a winner. The extra ~40cm length gives it a much larger cargo area in 7-seat mode, and no matter how you cut it, it's still a better buy than the current Model Ford Everest, IMHO ;)

That clattery diesel is still the only donk on the market that will give you half a million kilometers of service (those days are gone for Toyota with the 1KD-FTV engine), the interior styling is a matter of personal taste, and along with the Mitsubishi Pajero, it absolutely flogs the Fortuner and Everest when it comes to features/options/spec for the price.

Edited by MoonRiverOasis

Mr Timekeeper.The O.P. asked for opinions not recommendations.Stop trying to start a fight, and get your hair cut.You look like a Tuna Driver. :cheesy:

i was not asking anything of you and wouldn't bother asking as i guess you are all talk and could not deliver anyway

as Thailaw is such a strong critic of the MU7 i was simply asking him what Thailaw thought would be a good ride

Dont be rude about my Alvinstar. Its an early MU 7 Prototype. Or perhaps the next Cruze facelift..:D

:cheesy: You are one crazy mother fxxxx my man, your posts make me laugh big time for sure, please keep them coming.

When you pisses somebody off, its even more funny, he-he :D

:cheesy: You are one crazy mother fxxxx my man, your posts make me laugh big time for sure, please keep them coming.

When you pisses somebody off, its even more funny, he-he :D

Somethings i see as funny. Someone posted that the Engine Clacking Of Isuzu Engines is now much Improved. Thank God for that.!!. As every Harley Rider knows Nose is a Warning.. So now we can hear a SUZU 50 Klics out... Incoming, take cover..

I wish you had focused on that part of my post, as I would have been interested in your views, which are generally the most objective and informed on the motor vehicle sub-forum. If you are a "fan" of the MU7 or would remotely consider buying and owning one, I would be shocked (and frankly disappointed). Cheers,

There's already been more than enough negativity in this thread, so I'm not going to add to the fire.

IMHO, the MU-7 has it's place - sure it falls short of the Pajero Sport and Fortuner in a few areas, but for people who need to seat seven people and still carry more than a couple of grocery bags, it's a winner. The extra ~40cm length gives it a much larger cargo area in 7-seat mode, and no matter how you cut it, it's still a better buy than the current Model Ford Everest, IMHO ;)

That clattery diesel is still the only donk on the market that will give you half a million kilometers of service (those days are gone for Toyota with the 1KD-FTV engine), the interior styling is a matter of personal taste, and along with the Mitsubishi Pajero, it absolutely flogs the Fortuner and Everest when it comes to features/options/spec for the price.

Fair, balanced and unafraid! If the Ford Everest is the standard by which we are measuring, we are in serious trouble. And who transports 7 people and luggage often enough to justify hauling a MU7 everywhere they go? 90% of the time the back 2/3 will be empty. Every year or so, my house is venue for the family gathering. I could use (not need) 20 bedrooms when the clan arrives. But that is no reason to build and maintain a house with 20 bedrooms -- that's what hotels (and rental cars/vans) are for. As I have said, I think that in the vast majority of cases other factors motivate someone to buy a vehicle like that. Cheers,

Fair, balanced and unafraid! If the Ford Everest is the standard by which we are measuring, we are in serious trouble. And who transports 7 people and luggage often enough to justify hauling a MU7 everywhere they go? 90% of the time the back 2/3 will be empty. Every year or so, my house is venue for the family gathering. I could use (not need) 20 bedrooms when the clan arrives. But that is no reason to build and maintain a house with 20 bedrooms -- that's what hotels (and rental cars/vans) are for. As I have said, I think that in the vast majority of cases other factors motivate someone to buy a vehicle like that. Cheers,

Fair, balance and unafraid.?. Yes you are Thailaw. You venture into a Pussy Whipped Ferang Zone.I agree 100% with your assessment. I cant wait to get into something in keeping with MY. yes MY FAMILY, and not something i need for Work..That will be a happy City or Mitsu. Its often said ferangs check their brains out at Immigration regarding Women, ill add Ride Choise. Have you noticed they bellyache about the Poor here,but never their own poor back home, perhaps now they live amongst it they love being a Free Village Taxi. Wheres me Flak Jacket.:partytime2:

Think they must have a fair few of these to sell before the new model comes out as there is quite an aggressive marketing/sales campaign going on. I dropped by my local Isuzu dealer to look at the D-Max and also enquired about the MU7 Choiz as they had one there, looks great actually and interior is very swanky. It was above what I wanted to spend though and had pretty much decided on the new Ranger Wildtrak when it's released in Dec so went on my merry way but since then they have been to my house twice (unannounced!) trying to sway my decision, offered 50,000baht discount, a very good price for my Yaris and very low % financing...tempted but will stick with the Ranger.

Wow, what a thread this one is!

Congrats on the new car dagling - I'm sure you'll love it :)

Ran my new MU-7 today (200 miles) and is very pleased. Comfortable, quiet and powerful. Recommend anyone who is skeptical about the MU-7 to test drive the new model. The car has the newly developed 3.0-liter DOHC 16-valve 4JJ1-TC common rail engine. A new ABS system and brakes.

Running around with a big smile ...

Everyone must be allowed to their opinion about the design, I like it. But to spew all kinds of crap about the MU-7 without having test driven the car I think is too bad.

As I said, very happy.

this post confuses me:

a) I am sure you put some diesel in the tank and drove it? Or did you really ran it?

B) Am sure that both in Norway and Thailand they measure distance in km so why miles?

Sorry could not resist

hope you will have lots of nice kms in your new car, there is only one person who hs to like it: your wife/gf so ignore negative comments. No taste is also a taste.

You are probably right, at least as far as the Cayenne is concerned. I was a bit too quick to dub the BMW X5 as "the best", although I do think it has the best handling and creature comfort of any SUV on the road today, including the Cayenne. Overall the Cayenne may be better, I defer to you on that, but I think it depends on what elements of a SUV you feel are important and want emphasized in the vehicle. The X5 is not, for example, designed to emphasize off-road use, and if that is your preference, the X5 may disappoint (or at least other SUVs may rank higher). The X6 is more of a coupe, and that is how BMW characterizes it, so I would not include it in a discussion of SUVs. And I would not include any Range Rover in the "best" (or even in the top 5) of anything. Ditto on the Audi(s) -- they look like crap (IMO) and have very questionable reliability. And whether it has the "M" designation, it is still a X5; I never considered going into that level of detail on what was an off-hand comment, where the real focus of my comment was the MU7 and other SUVs in the same price range. I wish you had focused on that part of my post, as I would have been interested in your views, which are generally the most objective and informed on the motor vehicle sub-forum. If you are a "fan" of the MU7 or would remotely consider buying and owning one, I would be shocked (and frankly disappointed). Cheers,

Touareq V10 TDI, now that pulls you all in the ditch :)

Get the Job Done. Gimme Land Cruiser and Range Rover. No World Spares for the rest , generally . The rest are Celeb Rides. My 1st Hangover had 3 Doors , and plastic carpets, no auto, very ugly wheels, poofter blue paint , plastic, not leather seats , a silly 10 pence white illuminated diff lock , no gizmos and it walked up walls . Now look at em , Freakin Christmas Trees, just like the rest.:D