Spike Strips To Deter Pigeons

dsfbrit

I have a small problem with pigeons nesting on ledges around my house, but I want to stop it before it gets worse.

Spike strips are very good, not 100 percent but certainly will reduce the problem massively. The trouble is I have looked around Pattaya and cannot find them anywhere - any ideas where to get them???

I would even drive quite a distance to get them. A one off trip to buy a load of spike strips to stop the pigeons trying to settle on my windowsills and ledges would be well worth the drive.

I notice on other threads that fake plastic owls placed around the place will also scare them off - not sure where you buy those eitherbiggrin.gif

Thanks for your help.

Hi...on a list of many uses WD40 sprayed onto a window sill will deter birds.

Pigeons have a fantastic sense of smell.

An Italian gent has recently confirmed that Homing Pigeons use smell as their main means of navigation and not magnets in their heads or stars/sun/moon etc...as was thought for many years.

WD40 is actually made from fish oil.

Best to spray lightly onto the lower edge of the wood/plastic/UPVC/aluminium of the window rather that onto the concrete to avoid stains.

if it fails revert to spikes / fake Owls but spikes are unsightly...

Edited by lonewolf99

Hi...on a list of many uses WD40 sprayed onto a window sill will deter birds.

Pigeons have a fantastic sense of smell.

An Italian gent has recently confirmed that Homing Pigeons use smell as their main means of navigation and not magnets in their heads or stars/sun/moon etc...as was thought for many years.

WD40 is actually made from fish oil.

Best to spray lightly onto the lower edge of the wood/plastic/UPVC/aluminium of the window rather that onto the concrete to avoid stains.

if it fails revert to spikes / fake Owls but spikes are unsightly...

Thanks lonewolf, I have some WD40 so will spray that on one of the upstairs eves tomorrow and see how it goes.

Worth a try for sure - thanks again.

Check this web page:

http://www.stop-bird.com/en/index.php

I bought a tube for 350 bath and it works, it looks and feels like normal clear silecone but this stuff never dryes out. It is however not fool proof as the gekkos are getting stuck in the stuff and dies, but the birds can get away but will not land there again.

I got the local stainless shop to nock some up for me a 25mm wide flat bar 3mm thick and tig weld wire spikes to it,then drill holes to fix with screws,paid about 2000bht a few years ago for 6 x 3 metre lenghts they all moved to adjacent propertys,alternatly get someone to bring from uk they are listed on ebay as bird spikes

Edited by nitnoymoy

Check this web page:

http://www.stop-bird.com/en/index.php

I bought a tube for 350 bath and it works, it looks and feels like normal clear silecone but this stuff never dryes out. It is however not fool proof as the gekkos are getting stuck in the stuff and dies, but the birds can get away but will not land there again.

Thanks guzz, I will see if Homepro have this when I go there next time. Mind you I like gekkos and would rather not kill them as well.

Thanks again.

I got the local stainless shop to nock some up for me a 25mm wide flat bar 3mm thick and tig weld wire spikes to it,then drill holes to fix with screws,paid about 2000bht a few years ago for 6 x 3 metre lenghts they all moved to adjacent propertys,alternatly get someone to bring from uk they are listed on ebay as bird spikes

Thanks nitnoymoy, a good solution if I cannot buy the bird spikes locally. I am just a bit surprised that the bird spikes cannot be bought locallly. I suppose its mainly a problem where someone has a two-storey house and there maybe aren't that money in Thailand compared to bungalows and flats, so the market is just not big enough to make it worthwhile.

^bird spike are shown on the website that guzzi provided the link for which is a local company.

You are right. I have just looked at the products list and there they are. Fantastic, I will read that site some more and find out where I need to go to get them.

Thanks Guzzi and PattayaParent, those pigeons will need to find a new home pretty soon.biggrin.gif

Let me know where too.

I might have to get some as the pigeons drive the missus crazy sh1tting all over the balcony.

I tried the Chonburi telephone numbers. in the Pattaya area, all 4 of them. They only do the gel. I will try some of the other outlets and if I find one that sells the spike strips, then I will let you know.

• 1 month later...

I contacted the supplier at [email protected]

They sent the following reply, so if you contact them in a few weeks time they will have them then.

'...anti bird spikes will come to my office next month.one package is 15 metres,5000 th.b.please send the money by stop-bird account bank.086-3204070 mr.direk'.

Happy Spiking

Did you get them?