Small Manufacturing Business In Isaan

Hello.

This is my first post here and basically I am trying to do a little networking.

I am a designer of small metal miniatures (for the model soldier market, although I can move into the tourist market in Thailand also)

Last year I exported all the manufacturing equipement....Casting and Mould making machinery to Isaan, where my fiance (dont laugh,we have been together several years ) has a small piece of land and a workshop.

My intention in the long term is to live with and be supported by her by means of her running a business based on the use of the machinery and a painting and design service(which does not employ me, but which I am helping set up for her)

Unfortunately, being nowhere near retirement age and with the economic climate around the world ,I am forced to live in th UK and support her by sending money.

We have had problems with just about every aspect of the business, from unreliable suppliers, to being unable to find suppliers, being ignored by suppliers, being ripped off by Thais and Farrangs alike and basically this has led to the business going nowhere, ofcourse,me being in the UK doesnt help

My fiances family are very good and hard working,so labour isnt a problem.

What I am looking for then is some support from, perhaps a retired businessman, who may have an interest in the model soldier hobby or something similar or someone who knows of any suppliers of latex moulding products, or reliable sources of small quantity casting metals, such as Pewter and Tin Alloys.........We would also be interested in hearing from anyone who needs items cast for them under contract.

Small items, of course.

Really ,any advice on this sort of business, or just a hello from anyone interested in any of the above would be most welcome

Thanks and enjoy the sunshine you lucky devils

Barry

You cannot possibly run a business in isan from the UK. How do you know you've had problems with suppliers if youre not there to see. In all likelihood the money your sending her every month is going on other things...ie gambling,drinking,paying off family debts and supporting her Thai husband or boyfriend.

Your business will never work unless you move out to Thailand permanently which in your case is not wise....Hundreds of western men send money to girls in Thailand. Its all a scam....... Dump her.