Buying A Motorbike In Phuket

rafferty

That story about the bigger tire back sounds interesting. Any pics how this looks like? You mean changing just the tire or the entire alloyed wheel?

Back home always had tubeless tires on my scooter, easy to fix any puncture by stuffing it with some rubber material. Inner tubes are instantly wasted when a puncture occurs. If bigger ( = thicker i suppose) tires do help a bit, it might be a good investment

90/90/14 Camel tire - where did u fixed that?? When i was at the dealer months ago where i bought my bike, i already asked whether they had different qualities but they said they just had 1 type (600 baht)

13k kilometer and front still orginal, only some cracks left and right, going to change it next month.

How come you don;t see many Skydrives on the roads while the performance is clearly better than the other brands?

My front tire has done 30,000 kms and still looks new with the original inner tube, I got the new tire from a road side bike place for 600 bht including new bigger inner tube, as for why you do not see many Skydrives can't answer that question, all I can say is that mine is great, not one problem apart from the rear tire of course. I will post a picture soon of the rear

That story about the bigger tire back sounds interesting. Any pics how this looks like? You mean changing just the tire or the entire alloyed wheel?

Back home always had tubeless tires on my scooter, easy to fix any puncture by stuffing it with some rubber material. Inner tubes are instantly wasted when a puncture occurs. If bigger ( = thicker i suppose) tires do help a bit, it might be a good investment

90/90/14 Camel tire - where did u fixed that?? When i was at the dealer months ago where i bought my bike, i already asked whether they had different qualities but they said they just had 1 type (600 baht)

13k kilometer and front still orginal, only some cracks left and right, going to change it next month.

How come you don;t see many Skydrives on the roads while the performance is clearly better than the other brands?

rough stats,12 honda and 6 yammys sold for every single suzuki. all about brand names, not much about performance or quality

honda build its image on pioneering 4 stroke

yammy on pioneering reliable autos

rough stats,12 honda and 6 yammys sold for every single suzuki. all about brand names, not much about performance or quality

honda build its image on pioneering 4 stroke

yammy on pioneering reliable autos

Its not ALL about brand names. My brother had a 'Snowball' or something and his wife had a bike from the same manufacturer (unfortunately can't remember the manufacturer). They were bought from new and 4 years later were worth hardly anything as pretty much EVERYTHING went wrong.

The joy of Hondas is that all the local repairmen are used to them, so maintenance costs v little. Plus, my 4 year old Airblade has had no mechanical problems and still runs like new.

Its not ALL about brand names. My brother had a 'Snowball' or something and his wife had a bike from the same manufacturer (unfortunately can't remember the manufacturer). They were bought from new and 4 years later were worth hardly anything as pretty much EVERYTHING went wrong.

The joy of Hondas is that all the local repairmen are used to them, so maintenance costs v little. Plus, my 4 year old Airblade has had no mechanical problems and still runs like new.

There have been some terrible quality bike brands sold in Thailand, most of them left Phuket, and the bike your are reffering to is probably Malaysian JRD, gone from Phuket. Their last effort was to sell one for 29k or two for 49k baht.

However between the 3 japs, Honda, Yamaha and Suzuki, I dare to say its all about brand names. Suzuki is the largest player in some markets, but not in TH. Suzuki Japan fired the Thai family owned distributor last year to take control over Th market themselves, and sales should improve slowly. As said Skydrive is better than competition on several areas, except for badge.

Honda have gone injection on all models since 2009, and local repairmen have no instruments or knowledge to handle this. I would not allow Somchai to open my auto box either, qualified Honda techs required

and just for the record, I do not own any suzuki bike :)

as i am to fat for a Skydrive, and in the larger segment I find yammy elegance and honda PCX to be better bikes

just as in the sportbike and cruiser segment, I find kawasaki to offer best value for money and best aftermarket service

There have been some terrible quality bike brands sold in Thailand, most of them left Phuket, and the bike your are reffering to is probably Malaysian JRD, gone from Phuket. Their last effort was to sell one for 29k or two for 49k baht.

However between the 3 japs, Honda, Yamaha and Suzuki, I dare to say its all about brand names. Suzuki is the largest player in some markets, but not in TH. Suzuki Japan fired the Thai family owned distributor last year to take control over Th market themselves, and sales should improve slowly. As said Skydrive is better than competition on several areas, except for badge.

Honda have gone injection on all models since 2009, and local repairmen have no instruments or knowledge to handle this. I would not allow Somchai to open my auto box either, qualified Honda techs required

and just for the record, I do not own any suzuki bike :)

as i am to fat for a Skydrive, and in the larger segment I find yammy elegance and honda PCX to be better bikes

just as in the sportbike and cruiser segment, I find kawasaki to offer best value for money and best aftermarket service

You're right - it was JRD.

JRD ... worst bike I ever bought brand new. The 125 gear model. Took back for repairs every week. Noticed so many dead ones round the back of the workshop. Struggled with it for a year then gave it away to my wife's family.