Pattaya Flooding?

nikkoid66

My GF just arrived from Walking Street and told me that she had more than 1m water in the streets around Walking Street and up to Tuk Com.

The situation was very bad she had almost to swim. Anyone has news or picture?

The rain fall is still very heavy and will apparently continue tomorrow.

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's been raining pretty heavy all nite and currently too. That area at the good of Pattaya Tai and the temple is one if the first to flood during heavy rains. I remember once when parked my SUV down there one nite and there were torrential rains for a couple hours and almost floated out, with water lapping.g up over the hood when driving out.

I think the weather has been messed up with gloom & rain ever since the accident in Japan with the reactor. No, i'm not into global warming hysteria but none the less i can't recall it has kept being this crappy weather so long ever, and i'm bored with it.

I am guessing it is very bad indeed, my pond has burst its banks and the dirt road outside my gate is now a raging river.

Anyone got any pics or links to pictures of the flooding in town?

I am guessing it is very bad indeed, my pond has burst its banks and the dirt road outside my gate is now a raging river.

My pond is also overflowing, in twelve years here I don't remember it raining this hard for so long. Just amazed that the power is still on!

Went out earlier the road that is on central was pretty flooded but the road that leads from walking street as you turn right and head towards royal cliff was very deep luckily I was in a 4 wheel drive but it seemed a few cars were struggling and very soon the road will be unsuable if it gets any deeper.

No news on any of the local newspaper site...just the usual stupid stories of farang suicides, ladyboy contests, and 9-11 anniversaries :realangry:

Edited by FarangBuddha

Yeah, it's deep. But it's not a record. This stuff happens a couple times each rainy season.

Seems pretty bad to me. Raro has reported earlier on another thread seeing cars floating on Soi Khao Noi - I am not far from there and the rain is still not letting up.

Drove home last night using Soi Khao Talo.

The Soi was a raging river streaming down hill.

Hard to keep my motorbike on course but luckily I could follow the pick up, which ploughed its way through the water.

After the "New Inn" / Aekmongkol IV it was slightly better.

I remember driving up K. Talo once during a raging storm and the drains were so backed-up that the water was shooting up 5" in the air out the the storm drain covers!

Pattaya flooded after constant heavy rain

CHONBURI, 11 September 2011 (NNT) - Tourist city Pattaya has been inundated after a heavy downpour Saturday night. Authorities and relief teams are helping the victims.

Heavy rains and strong winds were seen all night in Pattaya, Chon Buri province. Many houses and roads are flooded, especially in the areas of South and Central Pattaya, where large numbers of locals and tourists resided.

The Pattaya City Administration has been working with disaster relief teams to help people affected by the floods. Initially, there was no report of missing persons or injured.

nntlogo.jpg

-- NNT 2011-09-11 footer_n.gif

this happens in samui at least once a year

JUST KEEP OUT OF THE WATER, as the electric cables will be submerged, and the water acts as a conductor, and they NEVER turn them off....

last flood in samui MANY people got killed by this,

but being thiland they done really tell you

keep safe folks,

this happens in samui at least once a year

JUST KEEP OUT OF THE WATER, as the electric cables will be submerged, and the water acts as a conductor, and they NEVER turn them off....

last flood in samui MANY people got killed by this,

but being thiland they done really tell you

keep safe folks,

What a horrible thought and very good advice....

JH

I have lived in Pattaya for 7 years. It doesn't take much to flood the sois in this city since the drainage cannot keep up with even the normal 1 hour downpours.If it is a all day thing - watch out. At least it cleans the scum and filth off the sois --except the soi dogs.

It has been pouring down like crazy for more than 12 hours now.

I have never seen anything like this.

People of my hotel really look concerned.

But luckily the rain slowed down a few moments ago and even stopped now ::-)

This is how the pool area of my hotel (at Soi Buakhao) looks like right now (where is the pool?):

post-61540-0-59614900-1315720660_thumb.j

It has been pouring down like crazy for more than 12 hours now.

I have never seen anything like this.

People of my hotel really look concerned.

But luckily the rain slowed down a few moments ago and even stopped now ::-)

This is how the pool area of my hotel (at Soi Buakhao) looks like right now (where is the pool?):

Looks quite normal for that kind of rain!