Agent To Get Car Inspected/Approved To Renew The Land Tax-Blue Book

scorecard

Dear CM members,

My car is over seven years old therefore I need to get it inspected before paying the land tax.

In Bkk there are numerous agents near the land transport office who will take your car and blue book plus the actual fee, plus 200Baht or similar 'agents fee' and 30 minutes later car comes back, blue book updated, new sticker, all completed.

Are there similar agents in CM.

Please share, thanks.

I have this tucked away in my files as it caught my eye one day - can't guarantee anything or how old it is (I think it's current), but perhaps give a call and see? Could you please feedback, so others know if it's OK or not please?

Cheers

Car and Motorcycle transfer service - in Chiang Mai. Thai national can speak English and Thai can transfer your Car or Motorcycle correctly to your name or help renew your yearly Tax and insurance requirement. I go with you to the registration office - 500 baht per vehicle + 200 extra per vehicle at the same time. Call Champ 085-521-2656 085-521-2656 or 081-681-2594 081-681-2594

Edited by uptheos

I have this tucked away in my files as it caught my eye one day - can't guarantee anything or how old it is (I think it's current), but perhaps give a call and see? Could you please feedback, so others know if it's OK or not please?

Cheers

Car and Motorcycle transfer service - in Chiang Mai. Thai national can speak English and Thai can transfer your Car or Motorcycle correctly to your name or help renew your yearly Tax and insurance requirement. I go with you to the registration office - 500 baht per vehicle + 200 extra per vehicle at the same time. Call Champ 085-521-2656 085-521-2656 or 081-681-2594 081-681-2594

Thanks,

I'll get my son to call tomorrow and I'll report back to CM members.

There is an inspection place next to the land transport office where you do the renewals, both across the street from the Holliday Inn Hotel on the old Chiang Mai Lampun Rd (okay a little north of across the street). Fast to do it yourself.

Can't you just go to any of the many vehicle test sites around the city (blue sign with yellow cog wheel)? They'll test your car & get the new sticker for you. Just use the nearest to you.

Yeah this is what I did.. There is a place on Nemminheimin Soi 13 (Or so) with the cog wheel sign... Just give them the bluebook and fees and come back in 2 days to pick up a sticker...

I see NO reason to wait in any queue when for a couple hundred baht they will do it for you :rolleyes:

Edited by sfokevin

yea i would pay for it too, i already know how to do it for free but that is not what you asked for............................ i have 3 vehicles i would gladly pay someone, i hope you can get a real answer on here instead of information you already know or did not ask for.

I answered the OP's question (to a certain degree) in the first post (at least as well as I could)

Isn't it amazing how it then turns into a column of how not to pay someone, when that's what you want to do?

Have to say that it's very easy and quick (depending on queue length, of course) to do without an agent too.

CMMCB

Thanks, maybe I could share some further details.

The car is 15 years old, but we have a family decision to not sell it. Therefore of course it needs the inspection certificate.

We previously lived in Bkk, and if owners (especially farang) personally take older cars to the inspection centre there is a fair chance there will be 'problem', which costs 'some' Baht to get rectified.

Hence, for years we used an agent who has a shop 2 minutes walk outside of the land transport office. 200Baht agents fee, blue book and sticker all completed and returned within about 15 minutes, never any problems.

yea i would pay for it too, i already know how to do it for free but that is not what you asked for............................ i have 3 vehicles i would gladly pay someone, i hope you can get a real answer on here instead of information you already know or did not ask for.

Posted number 6, 7 & 8 answered and gave direction where to go before your little rant post :huh:

Edited by sfokevin