From Marco From Chez Marco

annabel

Marco called me today and requested me to post on TV for him since he is in his new house and well yes housebound for a while but does not have internet connection in there. He wants me to tell everybody at TV a very big Thank You for all of you who have posted about his accident and updated the situation and even visited him although he has absolutely no recollection of the visits per say. He can't even remember his brother's 4 day visit from France ... in fact he remembers nothing for the 1st 2 weeks of his hospitalisation .... He is recuperating slowly and will most likely take a few more months if not more before he can come back to work on a full time basis .... meantime he has been going to the restaurant on a very restricted tme basis to organize the staff and menus to keep the business going smoothly and as he said the staff have been wonderful and are certainly holding up the fort ... so no worries and all will be fine ... He said his staff were all very well trained to work on their own and are doung a wonderful job at it ... So hey Marco, hope to see you back full time very soon !!!

:wacko: Oops...!!:rolleyes: So sorry , Yes it belongs in the Chiang Mai forum,,,,, sorry about that !!

Believe this belongs in the Chiang Mai forum, I recall reading seeing a thread about someone named marco there. OP? wrong forum? Does it need to be moved?

err.....who is Marco and what happened to him? (sorry for my ignorance)

This is the young man who started what many people feel is the best VALUE French restaurant Chiang Mai has ever seen, as well as up there with the best quality.

Chez Marco, Loi Kroh, doubled its size after about 2 years of opening and is normally full. Bookings are advisable.

Don't know if they still have gorgeous oysters every Friday night, but I'd crawl over broken glass for those again.

Marco had a serious motorcycle accident which he cannot remember. Only a few weeks after a popular young Chiang Mai Italian chef/patron died in the same way.

Very best wishes, Marco, and to your team who sound to be doing so well in your unfortunate absence...............!

Sorry for my blunder of postig on the wrong forum and will pass onto Marco all your nice warm wishes...

err.....who is Marco and what happened to him? (sorry for my ignorance)

This is the young man who started what many people feel is the best VALUE French restaurant Chiang Mai has ever seen, as well as up there with the best quality.

Chez Marco, Loi Kroh, doubled its size after about 2 years of opening and is normally full. Bookings are advisable.

Don't know if they still have gorgeous oysters every Friday night, but I'd crawl over broken glass for those again.

Marco had a serious motorcycle accident which he cannot remember. Only a few weeks after a popular young Chiang Mai Italian chef/patron died in the same way.

Very best wishes, Marco, and to your team who sound to be doing so well in your unfortunate absence...............!

re ... meantime he has been going to the restaurant on a very restricted tme basis to organize the staff and menus

he has !... get well soon marco.

dave2

:blink:

Dave2 either has super powers, or access to some time/space wormhole technology to capture any place and moment in time.

Do you do requests? Can you do a picture of the exact momtent the Chedi Luang pagoda was hit by lightning please? ;)

wtk.

re .. Dave2 either has super powers,

nahhh ... i just happend to be walking down loi kroh at the time

re .. Can you do a picture of the exact momtent the Chedi Luang pagoda was hit by lightning please?

nahh cannot :( .... but i can do two of doi suthep with lightning in : )

enjoy ... dave2 .... next : )

ps ... these are single frames taken with an old jvc camcorder that was set up and left recording

post-42592-0-81745800-1316225108_thumb.j

post-42592-0-21001300-1316225142_thumb.j

Good to hear that Marco is recovering! We hope he is able to get back back to the hob on a full time basis very soon!! Meantime the feedback we get at The Bell is that the food at Chez Marco is as good as ever, so do pop in and

enjoy a meal soon! Followed by a beer at The Olde Bell of course...followed by one in Number One bar,...followed by one in the CM Saloon, followed by The Red Lion...we do have lots of nice places to eat and drink on Loi Kroh Rd!!