Ants Keep Going In Fresh Catfood

why not stand the food bowl on a tray of water,we have used lots of powders and the chalk but the most efective way is to spray with a ant /termite solution under wherever you keep the food.always keep food in sealtight containers.

why not stand the food bowl on a tray of water,we have used lots of powders and the chalk but the most efective way is to spray with a ant /termite solution under wherever you keep the food.always keep food in sealtight containers.

Bowl of water, that's what we do too - simple. I do not like to spray too many chemicals, too many animals!

JH

Some of the stores sell a packet that contains a small plastic tray, and some poison in a packet, its very effective, I had a big ant problem in my condo, they were everywhere. Laid the traps, the ants swarmed around the trays and carried the little pellets off, I've never seen another ant in my place

Vinegar

Wipe down your countertops, cupboards and any other places where you've spotted ants with a 50-50 mixture of white vinegar and water. Repeat throughout the day to maintain the efficacy.

Why This Works: Two reasons, really: ants hate the smell of vinegar, and it removes the scent trails that they use to get around

Chalk/ Baby Powder

Draw a line of chalk or sprinkle baby powder across the spot where the ants are entering your home.

Why This Works: Talcum powder, an ingredient in both chalk and baby powder, is a natural ant repellent. Just be careful if you decide to use it: some studies have linked talc to cancer.

Borax

Mix together equal parts Borax and either syrup or jelly. Then, place where the ants will find it.

Why This Works: Once consumed, Borax damages both the ants' digestive systems and their outer skeletons, resulting in death.

Herbs/Spices

Spinkle cinnamon, mint, chili pepper, black pepper, cayenne pepper, cloves or garlic – whichever one you happen to have – in the area where you've seen ants and along your home's foundation. Bay leaves can also be placed in cabinets, drawers and containers to further deter those pesky critters.

Why This Works: Many plants – including the ones listed – give off a strong scent to repel ants and other insects in the wild, and it works just as well in your home.

Coffee Grounds

Sprinkle your used coffee grounds in the garden and around the outside of your house.

Why This Works: Ants are repelled by the scent given off by the grounds; and incidentally, so are cats.

Cucumber/Citrus Peels

Leave the peelings in areas of known ant activity.

Why This Works: Cucumber and citrus peels are toxic to the types of fungi that ants feed on, and therefore avoided by the ants

we paid 3years up front for pest control they come 4times a year,the last time they come we had them to spray inside the house,under the kitchen cabinets behind the fridge any where they could nest that was 6weeks ago and we havnt seen any.so the wife went out and bought a pressure sprayer with a rod attached so you can get behind anything without having to get on your hands and knees,you buy the chemical from home pro and just mix with water.its the same stuff you pour down your pipes under the house to kill termites.

Bowl of water, that's what we do too - simple. I do not like to spray too many chemicals, too many animals!

JH

won't the pet just drink the water?

Anyway, the GF bought a ant chalk pen and we tested it at the door. So far, very good.

won't the pet just drink the water?

Anyway, the GF bought a ant chalk pen and we tested it at the door. So far, very good.

Very good, but a lot are also very toxic and can be absorbed through the skin. You'll only know for sure when your cat has a seizure and dies - that's why they're banned in the West.

As others have said, put the food bowl in a bowl/tray of water and keep the water topped up.