Acid Attack On Foreigners At Asoke Bts Station

george

Doesn't sound intentional to me either.

Probably some acidic liquid fell from the construction above the station.

Well I was just trying to kill a fly that was running around on my computer screen which turned out to be your avator Duh!

Me too! I felt stupid after I scrolled down though ...

:cheesy:

• Replies 331
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You think you're going to get news casting Thailand in a bad light on the Bangkok Post website?

This is based on one post from someone's Twitter page, and it is news? Should it not be a little more substantiated than this to be put on the Bangkok Post web site?

Did she make a police report???????huh.gif

One question, why make a police report in this country. If you can fix it your self and walk away. Avoid the BIB at all costs.

Many times you must pay the BIB to make a report and then nothing is done. It would truly be a miracle if they would do the job for which they swore an oath. jap.gif

But you have no issue with condemning an entire nation of 60 million for an unverified attack, that probably wasn't an attack, without even knowing if the imagined culprit was from that nation.

How did I condemn an entire nation of 60 million?

when a foreigner, a tourist, gets acid thrown on her face in Bangkok, it does not reflect well on a country, I would think. So yes, in my opinion it would make Thailand look bad.

Edited by Nisa

From a previous post -

'I think part of the issue might be an expectation from us to be looked up to.'

Just about somes it up.

I've given up getting irritated with the comments that I hear from the 'ignorants' that incessantly slate the locals in the country they've emigrated to (i.e. Thailand) and then in the next sentence blame their perceived home country's 'downfall' on the influx of immigrants there.........happens in conversation here boringly regularly and increasingly frequently on Thai visa.

How sad.........

It boils down to a feeling of superiority some people have because they come from a "more advanced" country.

Based on my observations, it sometimes is a need to put forward a stance of being superior because of a person feeling insecure about themselves here.

This is based on one post from someone's Twitter page, and it is news? Should it not be a little more substantiated than this to be put on the Bangkok Post web site?

Are you calling her a liar?? Are you saying Miracle Thailand doesnt do this to foreigners? There is a higher% of British people murdered in Thailand every year than in UK. Foreign Governments should warn their tourists to stay away from the LOS!! Thai people are jealous of farang because they perceive thm as being over rich and easily fooled - a bit like the ones that think everythings good in Thailand!!

It boils down to a feeling of superiority some people have because they come from a "more advanced" country.

Maybe they just went to school for longer and actually have a more civilised approach to life than getting drunk on handouts on the steps otheir wooden jungle houses!!!! Maybe the ones that dont see us as better than Thais, less corrupt, less likely to kill someone on a whim and less worried about making mistakes and losing face are actually glad to be here because no one else would provide women and wine for them!!! By the way - I dont live in Thailand anymore - I got out 4 years ago - and am very glad i did!!

Let's see if you're still saying that after someone sprays acid in YOUR face/

<br />
<br />This is based on one post from someone's Twitter page, and it is news? Should it not be a little more substantiated than this to be put on the Bangkok Post web site?<br />
<br /><br /><br />The only criteria for "newsworthy events" is that they generate more foaming at the mouth by the Thai Bashers, Police Bashers and Little-Old-Ladies-of-Fair-Complexions-Contingent.<br /><br />If after reading an article you can grunt:" ummm Thai bad, farang good," then it's passed the editorial scrutiny hurdle.<br />
<br /><br /><br />

I am surprised nobody bought up similar acid attack cases on tourists in Hong Kong. The culprit threw acid down from their room above on unsuspecting tourists milling around the famous night market on many occasions and was never caught until recently. I hope this is not a copycat case in Bangkok.... it will certainly create an atmosphere of fear for tourists.

I am surprised nobody bought up similar acid attack cases on tourists in Hong Kong. The culprit threw acid down from their room above on unsuspecting tourists milling around the famous night market on many occasions and was never caught until recently. I hope this is not a copycat case in Bangkok.... it will certainly create an atmosphere of fear for tourists.

The Hong Kong acid attacks had nothing to do with tourists unless they happened to be in a group of Hong Kong pedestrians that were targeted.

http://en.wikipedia....ng_acid_attacks

Edited by Nisa

Yeah, that HK attack happened a couple hundred meters from my apartment at the time. Not aimed at tourists, although there would be a few in the throngs on the street.

When I worked at The Cambodia Daily newspaper in the mid 90s, these attacks were reported all the time. Not just spraying a bit in someone's face, more like pouring a bucket of acid over their head. Results were consistently horrific.

Are you calling her a liar?? Are you saying Miracle Thailand doesnt do this to foreigners? There is a higher% of British people murdered in Thailand every year than in UK. Foreign Governments should warn their tourists to stay away from the LOS!! Thai people are jealous of farang because they perceive thm as being over rich and easily fooled - a bit like the ones that think everythings good in Thailand!!

Higher number of Brits murdered in Thailand than the uk

What utter rubbish people spout on here.

Apperently the hospital confirms there have been several attacks.

And that certainly IS NEWS.

The only criteria for "newsworthy events" is that they generate more foaming at the mouth by the Thai Bashers, Police Bashers and Little-Old-Ladies-of-Fair-Complexions-Contingent.

If after reading an article you can grunt:" ummm Thai bad, farang good," then it's passed the editorial scrutiny hurdle.

Yeah, and a Tweet.

No attribution for any of the sources.

If true, a terrible thing.

Could be kids gone astray and up to mischief. Could have been an accident. Could be evil intentioned persons.

Why no police report and complaint.

Sounds like the police were not even given an opportunity to do their job so why the criticism? :ermm:

I think their posting rubbish sometimes comes from the fact that they dont read the posts of other forum members properly. Take this thread for instance, I clearly stated PERCENTAGE - NOT number as youve changed what I said in my post and misquoted me.

This is so typical of the lazy attitude and low standards of BP reporting in recent years.

Just another capitalist tool with an agenda and subservient to the advertisers.

A geriatric with no teeth.

They've outdone the Nation in a new low for lazy, lousy reporting (basically NOT reporting in the traditional sense).

Guess they watch too much Fox New, oops, I mean Fox Editorial Channel.

The Hong Kong acid attacks had nothing to do with tourists unless they happened to be in a group of Hong Kong pedestrians that were targeted.

http://en.wikipedia....ng_acid_attacks

Looks like there was also an incident that was believed to be an attack, and turned out to be an accident.

"Four persons were injured on May 4, in Tsuen Wan District when a woman attempting to clear an ant nest spilled a mix of bleach, acid and insecticide to the street below. The incident, which injured a police officer and a baby girl, was initially thought to be a possible copycat of the December attack."

I think their posting rubbish sometimes comes from the fact that they dont read the posts of other forum members properly. Take this thread for instance, I clearly stated PERCENTAGE - NOT number as youve changed what I said in my post and misquoted me.

Percentage/number still a complete nonsense and untrue comment and confirms my believe that alot off people that post all the negative comments on here do not even live in Thailand

Prove your comment with facts and figures please.

Has anybody here worked at or familiar with The Nation or Bangkok Post?

Do they actually have anything that is even close to an investigative reporter or simply what we would consider a reporter in the west?

Everything I read always seems to be from press releases or other sources. I can't recall a time when I actually read about a reporter seeking out answers or doing a one-on-one interview. Even in this article it seems like not even an attempt was made to get more info but simply just repeating information either given to them or they stumbled across.

I don't even mean this negatively but am just curious. Maybe it would just not be profitable to put more money into the English Based News.

Did the Hospital confirm this or is it considered confirmed because the women (who nobody has interviewed) says an unnamed doctor (who didn't know what the substance was) said it to them as her husband was being treated for his melting eyes right before they went to dinner?

If there is nothing from "the hospital" then there certainly is no confirmation and simply hearsay from a women who seems to embellish and state speculation as fact in her blog and twitter post.

Edited by Nisa

Twitter is better than nothing. Maybe. It seems like the press here is out to lunch.

It is better if you want to believe things that often are untrue .... as for the English press here being out to lunch, not sure anybody can argue with that. I have no idea how well the Thai press is but there at least appears to be some actual reporting (not just redistributing info) done.

Edited by Nisa

Where they robbed? Or is it someone with an apparent hate of foreigners!!

Sounds like a sicko. Probably attacks on Thais as well but its not being reported.

I don't think so. Sounds like a lot of hate toward foreigners.

Did she make a police report???????huh.gif

Would that have been more effective than a twitter post?

How do you guys know she didn't make a report ? You're all speculating about a situation that you have absolutely no knowledge of or proof.Bangkok is a city of over 10 m people you would expect bad and good things to happen wouldn't you ?

Did the Hospital confirm this or is it considered confirmed because the women (who nobody has interviewed) says an unnamed doctor (who didn't know what the substance was) said it to them as her husband was being treated for his melting eyes right before they went to dinner?

If there is nothing from "the hospital" then there certainly is no confirmation and simply hearsay from a women who seems to embellish and state speculation as fact in her blog and twitter post.

Ever hear of patient confidentiality? I seriously doubt a hospital would release any detailed patient information.