Chains

KRS1

Need a new chain, mines all kinked up. Anyone have good results with after market chains?

I'd rather get an aftermarket one like DID, because the stock chain for the CBR 150 doesn't have a masterlink requiring removal of the swingarm to install it.:o

I replaced the chain on my Phantom about a month ago and the Honda dealer in Mae Chan offered me a choice of 2, DID or another brand (I think it was RK) and I picked the DID chain as I've used them before and been happy with them.

It came in a Honda box and has DID stamped on the links.

Not sure if it has a masterlink or not though (I haven't noticed when I've lubed the chain, but I haven't been looking either...)

Maybe check if Honda can order a DID chain for the CBR...

Rich

Edited by Riggi

Just got a chrome DID for 400 baht, man i should have chained it a long time ago. Bike is soooooo much smoother now and hitting 145 kph with less fuss. Did a trip to Pai after installing it (yeah yeah i know cheap price maybe it would've broken in the mountains) and got back today, no chain stretch yet. It's a non-oring but still just as quiet. Nat Honda on Huay Kaew wanted 1600 baht for the OEM chain !