Best Italian Restaurant

skippybangkok

I like a small place called Delize on Sasong road a block or so south of the bus station, but many people say La Grappa on Poonsuk road is the best in town, but it is expensive.

TQ kindly

Ended up in Ciao at the Marriott . Lovely beach side dining- 1500 bt for wife and I ( we don't drink & and too full for desert ) . Will try the other tomorrow .

I like a small place called Delize on Sasong road a block or so south of the bus station, but many people say La Grappa on Poonsuk road is the best in town, but it is expensive.

TQ kindly

Ended up in Ciao at the Marriott . Lovely beach side dining- 1500 bt for wife and I ( we don't drink & and too full for desert ) . Will try the other tomorrow .

I do recommend La Grappa and I actually do not think they are expensive given the quality of food and wine. Their service is reasonable but not in pair with the best in Bangkok.

TQ kindly

I do recommend La Grappa and I actually do not think they are expensive given the quality of food and wine. Their service is reasonable but not in pair with the best in Bangkok.

seconded La Grappa

inexpensive Thai/Italian on the beach, Duke, Soi 51, live classic guitar in a very nice setting when weather permits

Went past Duke's the other day and it's being done up / bulldozed - one of those and not sure which yet - but the whole dining area outside was just a pile of rubble!

The Delize italian place is very nice, but there's also another quite good one on Soi 94 called Trattoria - the details here from the Hua Hin restaurants section on the Thai visa Hua Hin portal, no less!

I've been there only once, the food was great (I had lasagne) - small portions but delicious. It was on a non alcohol day but they still served me a beer :-)

Trattoria Luciano

Italian restaurant and pizzeria, located next door to Sakura Sushi.

Address: 34/175 Soi 94, left side after railway crossing

Hours: 16.00-22.00

TQ kindly

seconded La Grappa

inexpensive Thai/Italian on the beach, Duke, Soi 51, live classic guitar in a very nice setting when weather permits

Cheers - tried La Gruppa but it was impossible to park anywhere within 1000 meters + ( unless you know some secret spots ). Ended up having some seafood instead.

The nearest parking to La Grappa is in the lot of the big Wat (temple). Enter from Phetkasem road and park near the back left (north east) corner and walk out the gate in that corner down the small soi to Poonsuk road; about 2 blocks to La Grappa. Parking in the Wat usually costs 20 baht and you have to be out by 10 p.m. as they close the gates then, so not for a late night.

Edited by hhfarang

I would recommend Peppinos next to Villa Market - much much nicer than La Grappa. Last time I ate there my main course was so bad I sent it back!

Parking is not a problem at Peppinos as you can use the Villa Market carpark but you will be charged if you are there longer than two hours.

If you need to park later than that, another (expensive) option is the Hilton car park - 400 baht for 24 hours, but it's very safe.

Otherwise just park down on Dechanuchit Road (soi 57) as there are usually spots all around there.

...or before you leave you have a drink at the Hilton bar and have them stamp your ticket. A few times I also managed to get a stamp at the reception desk - they did not even ask for a room number.

I would recommend Peppinos next to Villa Market - much much nicer than La Grappa. Last time I ate there my main course was so bad I sent it back!

Parking is not a problem at Peppinos as you can use the Villa Market carpark but you will be charged if you are there longer than two hours.

Have to agree with this. :rolleyes:

Have to agree with this. :rolleyes:

Must try Peppinos then. I previously tryed Roccia once and I am now pleased to see it has closed down. It will not be missed by me.