Direct Turkish Airlines To Istanbul

Lifer

Lifer,

For what it's worth, I just booked a trip from Bangkok to Istanbul with a 4 day layover before heading to Barcelona and then return to Bangkok. Total was 1,220 Euros (about 51,100 baht). I don't have a break out of the cost from Bangkok to Istanbul.

I just did a quick check on their website (turkishairlines.com) for a one-person RT BKK-IST using 10/1 - 10/4 as the travel dates. They have a promo fair of 818 Euros (about 34,260 baht) which includes taxes. Go to their website and see what you get.

As for the quality of the airline, I haven't flown with Turkish Air before but have seen consistently good reviews.

David

Lifer,

For what it's worth, I just booked a trip from Bangkok to Istanbul with a 4 day layover before heading to Barcelona and then return to Bangkok. Total was 1,220 Euros (about 51,100 baht). I don't have a break out of the cost from Bangkok to Istanbul.

I just did a quick check on their website (turkishairlines.com) for a one-person RT BKK-IST using 10/1 - 10/4 as the travel dates. They have a promo fair of 818 Euros (about 34,260 baht) which includes taxes. Go to their website and see what you get.

As for the quality of the airline, I haven't flown with Turkish Air before but have seen consistently good reviews.

David

Thanks a lot everyone. Plan a trip next March or April. Have seen the prices for e-tickets, but my problem is I do not have a credit card, only a US Visa debit card. I did notify the Airline office in Bangkok and they said they could email me the e-ticket upon receipt of the money. All e-ticket prices quoted in Euros. Used to live in Turkey in the late 80's and spent a lot of time in Istanbul. Thought it might be fun to take my Thai wife there for a getaway.

Thanks again for the info.

I have used them twice Bangkok - Istanbul roundtrip on economy.

In the air, the best airline I have used to/from Europe. (and I have used a few)

On the ground, the worst airline I have used ever (welcome to include Ryanair and such lowcost airlines)

In the air, food is king, seats are king, service are........ you get it.

On the ground.... customers are plague!!!

J!!!

I have used them twice Bangkok - Istanbul roundtrip on economy.

In the air, the best airline I have used to/from Europe. (and I have used a few)

On the ground, the worst airline I have used ever (welcome to include Ryanair and such lowcost airlines)

In the air, food is king, seats are king, service are........ you get it.

On the ground.... customers are plague!!!

J!!!

There problem on the ground is languageskills I even cannot understand there English for the rest all OK