Home Wifi Networking Question

joe84330

hi, have a ? about home networking. i have only the most basic understanding of routers so please bear with me.

i've just upgraded my home wifi router from zyxel to a more high end buffalo router. everything in the home is now connected and i can use each of our wifi enabled devices to get online, my gf can even use her ipad now to watch satellite channels anywhere in our wifi range so she's quite happy.

here's the issue and my questions if you please, i have two adjacent bungalows for my family and our occasional guests. i can pick up my wifi signal in the second house but it is of course spotty and less than ideal.

can i use my spare zyxel modem/router in the second house to extend and improve the signal?

ive heard of the terms bridge/repeater but dont know enough to get started or even if thats what i'm looking for. my zyxel p660 does "allow" bridge mode. is there any way to install the zyxel in house 2, wireless, to accomplish this? i would prefer no cables between houses if possible.

thanks in advance for any thoughts or comments.

I just purchased a ZyXel Wireless N Access point for my bar, it works fantastically and boosts the signal which is exactly what I needed.;)

Also supports up to 300 Mbps

glad to hear that zyxel is working for you. i bought a buffalo "n" which has already proven to me to be much better suited to my use than the zyxel i've had for the last two years. the zyxel was always dropping the signal, couldn't stream etc. the new router is working flawlessly so i'm just hoping to put the old zyxel to use in the next house, if possible, so that it isn't any more than a dust collector.