Used Prices For Wave At And Scoopy I

davevi

I'm not sure what the proper prices should be for these two motorbikes.

Can you give me feedback on where the pricing should be for these two bikes?

1) Honda Wave AT (automatic, yes it's an automatic) with 1,650km, all original and very clean

2) Honda Scoopy i, there are 2 choices both in good condition with 10,000 or 20,000km

These are from a local Thai dealer where lots of Thais shop and trade their bikes.

Note: I am not looking for references to other shops around town, although I appreciate the feedback, this deal is already 50% complete and I just need some further feedback of where the prices should be.

Thank you.

Waves are not automatic, unless you mean automatic start....?

EDIT: Wow they do exist, look cool too although not sure about still having the chain though.

Be very aware that clocking miles on bikes in Thailand is normal practice. Regards price for wave, Id try for 30,000 low end, 35,000 tops

Edited by james24

I only presume to suggest the obvious because you have few entries so far, davevi:

Go to Thai Visa's Classified section and set it for motorcycles, then wave AT or Scoopy.

One can set location as Chiang Mai (or nothing - all of Thailand - for a bigger sampling) to get a sense of asking prices.

I'd prefer inspection (rubber bits and pieces, general wear items) as being more telling than the odometer reading too. As the bikes sell new at similar prices, I'd look closely at my personal relationship to ergonomics, particularly the seat and foot positions.

Scoopies are far more popular, but I've no idea what that means about price. The AT, of course, has a small chain that will require maintenance.

Good luck!

Edited by CMX

Op, from a Thai shop, they will typically be not much less than new... and you can't be sure on mileage, whether it's been hedged and had the forks straightened, etc. Be wary of buying 2nd hand bikes, not a problem with cars as they sit on four wheels. For a little bit more, buy new, have the full warranty, and a free helmet. ;)

I bought my wave AT for 30,000 at the time it only done 3000 km but was clean as a whistle lots of big people complain they slide off the seat when they are riding it ,

I'm not a big guy, at all, but I do not feel safe on the Wave AT. I have experienced the sliding issue you described, but I thought it was because the bike was new or had been cleaned before I got it with some sort of slick shine.

The riding dynamics of the Scoopy are much better and there is a place to hang bags and such near your feet. I rented a Scoopy i for several months, but for reasons I still don't understand I selected the Wave AT after riding a bunch of bikes at the dealer that day. It was an error and now I am going to correct it. :)

Also, I think the Wave AT is a very jittery bike that requires a lot of my attention, and a slow entrance into curves. For an expat (me) with a few months riding experience the Scoopy felt far more solid, safe and rideable - even on my rental at the time with 12,000km.

The prices the dealer is offering are in line with comments here, so I think I will go ahead and trade my Wave AT for the Scoopy i.