Jet Ski Scam Pattaya When Will It Stop

saintofsilence

Should imagine the business is gearing up for the up and coming JetSki championships due soon in Pattaya. This will not only attract tourists but also those who see the events and bust a gut to give it a go. --- WILL BE LIKE LAMBS TO THE SLAUGHTER!

A very good test for the Governor, Mayor, and BiB who PROMISED to clean up the JetSki Marifa.

Maybe we need the "up and coming JetSki SCAM championships" -​ Pattaya vs Phuket - get some 'good' publicity no!?

Edited by DekDaeng

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Was out on Beach Road yesterday and was able to watch a scam from beginning to end.

Two youngish looking Russian guys decided to rent a jet ski and before they went hit the water, out came the camera and pics were taken...

Once they returned the jet skis the smiles faded and inspection began with the usual pointing out problems. The police were called and the final bill was 8k baht. I overheard the one Russian say that they had just arrived that day. Talk about a "Welcome to Thailand" moment. Disgusting scammers. Oh, the scammers were the sameones all over youtube.

Strange yesterday, the first time I have ever seen 3 municipal police sitting down with the renters after a scam who seemed to be negotiating a settlement. I have never seem them do anything except fine and chase off street food vendors before, I thought that is where their powers stopped. From my understanding they work for city hall and are separate from the police. This was opposite mikes and look like 2 middle easterners involved.

Strange yesterday, the first time I have ever seen 3 municipal police sitting down with the renters after a scam who seemed to be negotiating a settlement. I have never seem them do anything except fine and chase off street food vendors before, I thought that is where their powers stopped. From my understanding they work for city hall and are separate from the police. This was opposite mikes and look like 2 middle easterners involved.

" From my understanding they work for city hall and are separate from the police"

they work for whoever pays the most

These municipal police are the ones that rent the beach to the jet ski gang and vendors, no?

Has anyone informed the Mayor about this? I see his picture all over town. Looks like a nice guy.

I'm sure he would be appalled that a criminal gang, out of their minds on drugs and alcohol, operating on the beach, has been defrauding, assaulting, hostage taking and terrorizing visitors for years, with apparent cooperation of the Royal Thai Police.

Give the Mayor a chance to sort this out.

If only these scammers meet their match one day, it will be spectacular to watch. wink.png

Let's write Stephen Seagal and ask him to come here and rent a jet ski from the scammers smile.png The end result would, indeed, be spectacular to watch.

The Aussie version of him is here now. Met him at PCEC

He was one of our Trainers in USA

Has anyone informed the Mayor about this? I see his picture all over town. Looks like a nice guy.

I'm sure he would be appalled that a criminal gang, out of their minds on drugs and alcohol, operating on the beach, has been defrauding, assaulting, hostage taking and terrorizing visitors for years, with apparent cooperation of the Royal Thai Police.

Presumably you don't know who the mayor is then?

I assume a person of his status in the community had a proper upbringing and would be ashamed if he knew what was happening.

It would be down right immoral and unethical to stand by and do nothing considering his position.

Violence is the Last thing to se to cease this practise.

But the reality is it will not be stopped

It may get lessened like Phuket - where it still goes on by the way-

But the income stream is required & it can never completely go away.

On again yesterday by the way & from afar it even looked as though Cops were helping the Jetski opeator & friends ??

Don't know too far away

Mikes beach view has gotta be the happeningest place in Patts for $$$$$$$$

I assume a person of his status in the community had a proper upbringing and would be ashamed if he knew what was happening.

It would be down right immoral and unethical to stand by and do nothing considering his position.

Not sure if you are joking or not?

If not have a read about the family http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Somchai_Khunpluem

Just maybe the scam will now be halted.

http://www.pattayama...ce-system-20925

Ah, the bumbling deputy mayor, after 4 years of 'working' on the jet ski issue..... brings out the bogus insurance plan that the jet ski thugs in Phuket perfected, I see.

Day after day, the tourists renting jet skis in Phuket are still getting hosed.

You see, the insurance does not include 'loss of use' and those 'damaged' jet skis will unfortunately be out of the water and out of service for a long time..... So the tourist still pays fake damage fees. Sad but true.

Who wants to bet the insurance company down there has not paid a single claim but thousands of tourists have been intimidated and forced to pay up still for bogus damages?

Yes, the insurance adjuster is probably now in on it too.

And who is going to enforce this new program here in Pattaya? The same officials that have been colluding with the jet ski thugs all these years?

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

From Pattaya Mail:

Police and consumer-protection officials are calling for swift remedial action after finding a majority Pattaya retail, hotel and vehicle-rental companies are selling uncertified products or lack licenses altogether.

Every car rental agency and jet ski operator checked lacked any sort of license at all, Wuthi said.

“Rapid action must be taken to have these operators register or measures must be enforced against operators to maintain compliance with the law,” he said.

http://www.pattayamail.com/localnews/majority-of-pattaya-stores-hotels-rental-companies-fail-consumer-protection-inspection-officials-say-21542

Or the mayor's father.

This scam will end up very bad one day... one tourist will come back next day with a gun and shoot 5 of the scammers or something like this. Or the scammers will kill some tourist in plain light in front of the kids and family and it will go viral.

Or maybe the people who read this forum will join together with batons and go KO these ass,holes for good and give them a deserved lesson?

But something will happen someday...

• Like 1

This scam will end up very bad one day... one tourist will come back next day with a gun and shoot 5 of the scammers or something like this. Or the scammers will kill some tourist in plain light in front of the kids and family and it will go viral.

Or maybe the people who read this forum will join together with batons and go KO these ass,holes for good and give them a deserved lesson?

But something will happen someday...

I think this is exactly what's needed to be honest. Something involving a death is bound to get more exposure.

If the officer didnt see the damage, how could he determine that 10,000 was fair? And if the damages actually amounted to 100,000, no owner would accept a lower figure.

Yes, some day, something terrible is going to happen on that beach, just hope it happens to the deserving parties.