Will Thaksin Be Back In Thailand By The 5Th Of December

MAJIC

W  

60 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Just a simple Poll to appeal to your forecasting and insight abilities,concerning the likelihood,or not that Thaksin will be at his Daughters wedding in Thailand on the 5th of December.

Time is getting short now, only around 10.5 weeks left until his Daughters Wedding,of which some Pundits have stated he would be attending.

So what do you think? is this still possible ? or do you think otherwise? to keep it simple,I have not included all possibilities,but do feel free to give your opinions after you have Voted.

Personally I have Voted NO.

Just more BS!

Edited by soundman
Poll added.

I'm quite surprised that it hasn't been suggested to hold the wedding in Dubai.... no visa problems, no having to linger in jail, and everyone could crack the old love-making joke "what's in it for me?" ... "sand"

But that wouldn't fit in with the best man's agenda, would it.

//edit/sorry, did I say best man, I meant father of the bribe.

Edited by Thaddeus

Hr is already here do not be mistaken...

It's not easy keeping track of someone who has so many names, passports, and nationalities.

Remember the scene in "Coming to America" where Eddie Murphy is waiting on line to go to the toilet and someone recognizes him and falls on his knees? Wouldn't be surprised if there were such sightings of the T-guy in the kingdom.

I think he will return to Thailand shortly after the 5th of December. As has been mentioned in the Media, he's moved to the #1 position for a pardon on the 5th as well as all the other Red Shirts and my condo manager and my aunt Dee Dee. I say December 9th.

In answer to the question: no not quite yet.

Yingluck is the key to open the door that will be Thaksin`s entrance back into Thailand.

There are several barriers in front of the door that are being broken down a piece at a time.

2 months ago I said that our Mr Thaksin will return within a year.

I predict that he will be back on the scene by next July at the latest.

Anyone like to place any bets?

Thaksin has twice, both in 2009 and 2010 called for a bloody revolution. I really don't think he can come back, despite the fact that he seems to have gained some momentunm these days. If he does come back it will not be peaceful as he will try to bring down the only force he sees as having more power than himself.

• 1 month later...

Seems the current government of millionaires has arranged a secret deal to pardon people over 60 and with a sentence less than 3 years. As Thaskin fits this critria rumours abound that he will return on December 4th, to be placed into custody, as a 'fugitive in flight', staying overnight in Police Academy where his suite is being now cleaned. On the 5th he will receive a royal pardon; just in time to attend his daughter's wedding reception.

Edited by waza

can't see how anyone who aint a prisoner could be eligible for a pardon until after they step into jail surely not before??, how can anyone set the ball rolling and apply for a pardon when there is no prisoner??, This would surely be making a pure mockery of the judical system

Seems the current government of millionaires has arranged a secret deal to pardon people over 60 and with a sentence less than 3 years. As Thaskin fits this critria rumours abound that he will return on December 4th, to be placed into custody, as a 'fugitive in flight', staying overnight in Police Academy where his suite is being now cleaned. On the 5th he will receive a royal pardon; just in time to attend his daughter's wedding reception.

A Royal pardon ??????

I doubt it......

now changing the rules to make Dubai time equal to time served in jail is more likely ,

or some other crazy "logic"

can't see how anyone who aint a prisoner could be eligible for a pardon until after they step into jail surely not before??, how can anyone set the ball rolling and apply for a pardon when there is no prisoner??, This would surely be making a pure mockery of the judical system

Try reading the Bangkok Post today!

Yesterday the cabinet held a meeting (without the PM), ordered all officials out, and endorsed a royal decree to seek amnesty. Convicts who are at least 60 years old and are sentenced to under three years in jail will be eligible for amnesty.

Tailor made, don't you think???

I haven't seen anything in The Nation about this tough.

Edited by petedk

I don't really care, politically.

On a personal level it would of course be nice if he could attend, yes.

I do care politically as his return will likely lead to civil war. But I don't think this is going to go easy for the current government. The opposition isn't going to take this lying down.

On a personal level, I will be disgusted if he is ever allowed to set foot in this country again without spending the rest of his life in prison.