Tukcom New Location

oakweb

That one behind Tukcom is probably the worse parking structure I've ever been in.

I vowed never to go in there again after I found it full, and the guys running it just letting cars

go in even after I told them it's full. It was a huge mess of a traffic jam.

I'll pay at Friendship rather than deal with that place.

There's a noodle stand directly across from that structure, on the side of the school. Someone

should tell that noodle stand to pack up the chairs, get some wash clothes, and do a Park and Wash

for 1 hour at 50 baht or something. Surely they would make more profit in a day.

Thought they were going to the old Xcyte area, as per this thread ?

I've heard the old Xcyte will be a mall...and the new Tukcom will be near Foodland on Pattaya Klang.

As mentioned above, the parking at Tukcom is a mess...along with trying to even get to the parking structure. Was there 2 days ago and had to go all the way up and then come back down as the entire structure was full...finally found a spot.

Amazed they are putting in a new tile floor there....

I've heard the old Xcyte will be a mall...and the new Tukcom will be near Foodland on Pattaya Klang.

The location for the new Tukcom appears to be the large empty lot immediately to the east of Foodland, between Foodland and Soi Town In Town.

That's where the photo in the OP was taken.

It's been an empty lot for the last 3 or 4 years, as long as I can remember.

I wonder too, if the building owners at Tukcom have thought about this right they will shut it down for a while to force

people to get used to the new location. I wonder too if the move is mandatory for all occupants, I'll try to get the

scoop.

I would say they are going to have 2 Tuk.com malls, as they are spending a lot of money renovating every floor of the existing one at the moment, new floor tiles, new toilets and more, plus they are building extra shops inside as they renovate each floor, I wouldn't think they would be doing all this if they are simply going to close it down when a new one comes.

Edited by seadoo

mmmm- what will happen to the poorly constructed old TukCom building in South Pattaya? Become another night market?

...maybe Pattaya's equivalent to Singapore;'s Orchard Tower? :rolleyes:

Already is...one of the best place to pick-up birds during the day. Always tons of them there spending their hard earned money from the night before :$

Based on the new construction going on in Tukcom right now (new units in the basement, renovation of the food hall, repairing the floors and toilets, etc), I would think they are opening a second branch, and won't be closing this one down. It gets far too much business, and opening a second branch makes sense.

I am constantly amazed at the types of people who need to keep abreast of world affairs or to attend to life-changing emails on their little smartphones. People like students on motorcycles, waiters hiding behind counters in restaurants, shop assistants in dark lonely corners of Home Pro, motorcycle boys under a coconut tree and even the hairdresser whilst waiting for his customer's hair to set.

Did I miss the smartphone sale? Do these people know of a really cheap monthly plan with a service provider? Should I be embarrassed for not owning a smartphone?

I am constantly amazed at the types of people who need to keep abreast of world affairs or to attend to life-changing emails on their little smartphones. People like students on motorcycles, waiters hiding behind counters in restaurants, shop assistants in dark lonely corners of Home Pro, motorcycle boys under a coconut tree and even the hairdresser whilst waiting for his customer's hair to set.

Did I miss the smartphone sale? Do these people know of a really cheap monthly plan with a service provider? Should I be embarrassed for not owning a smartphone?

I agree with you, people are glued to their dam_n phones and don't be ashamed for not owing a smart phone. I just got so fed up with my HTC- internet-GPS- bluetooth &Wi-fi and god knows what that I bought the cheapest Nokia phone on the market (960 bath) and do you know what, I can talk and send messages on it (world wide) without reading a +200 page manual first, hurray.:D

I agree with you, people are glued to their dam_n phones and don't be ashamed for not owing a smart phone. I just got so fed up with my HTC- internet-GPS- bluetooth &Wi-fi and god knows what that I bought the cheapest Nokia phone on the market (960 bath) and do you know what, I can talk and send messages on it (world wide) without reading a +200 page manual first, hurray.:D

HTC is android based, you need to be a little geeky for it (not much though) try an Iphone if you want something simpler

I'd be lost without my Iphone and HTC, love them both and proud to be super geeky since 1979.

Have to wonder why they would want to move really

Parking a car there is next to impossible as other posters also mention. Not nice to transport a desk top pc or 22" screen for repairs on a motor bike.

The whole building is crap and needs a good make over.

I am confused about this news. I don't care about the new ones. I like the old one. Is the old one being closed as a Tukcom, or not?

If I remember correctly from the news articles when Tukcom opened is that the project developer isn't the owner of the building.Probably the guy saw the light and now builds his own shopping.

One has to admit that the building turned into a dump during the past years as no maintenance occured.Now the owner is renovating the building as Thai property owners always act when it is too late.

So probably Tukcom will move definitely and the current building will turn into the umpteenth market place.

When Tukcom was built (which must be about 25 years ago or more), it wasn't Tukcom at all. It was a flash department store called Day-Night, part of the nearby Day-Night hotel complex, and in it one found exactly the same sort of things that one now finds in Mike or Central.

And it had a very good food court on the 5th floor. And cinemas.

I suppose that as the other, newer, department stores took over they found it more worthwhile to concentrate on "high-tech" stores. Or maybe it was just that "high-tech" became more popular and pushed the usual clothes and shoes out.

When Tukcom was built (which must be about 25 years ago or more), it wasn't Tukcom at all. It was a flash department store called Day-Night, part of the nearby Day-Night hotel complex, and in it one found exactly the same sort of things that one now finds in Mike or Central.

And it had a very good food court on the 5th floor. And cinemas.

I suppose that as the other, newer, department stores took over they found it more worthwhile to concentrate on "high-tech" stores. Or maybe it was just that "high-tech" became more popular and pushed the usual clothes and shoes out.

You're right about the history of the building,however after the day - night consortium went bankrupt the store had been empty for many years until a developer made an agreement with the owners to explore it as an IT center.The same developer was running at that time already with success Tukcom Sriracha for a few years on a similar agreement,however when Pattaya opened the Sriracha branch degenerated at a fast pace and currently looks more like a warehouse than a shopping center.

It seems that the guy in fact still is making money out of it,or has good friends with the bank,as he recently opened Tukcom Chonburi and now starts a brandnew construction which for sure will cost a few Baht.

Seems there is business in those IT malls since Panthip in Bangkok is owned by the richest man of Thailand.And no he isn't a fugitive ex-pm.

I am confused about this news. I don't care about the new ones. I like the old one. Is the old one being closed as a Tukcom, or not?

Long way from Jinthing Towers to Klang. You would manage a whole lot more baht bus rides to get there JT. Then we could have Tukcom/Baht Bus stories

The other day, I talked to one of the vendor at Tuk Com. There are not closing! It's just being refurbished inside.

The Tuk Com on Pattaya Klang is in addition.

There is big money for the owners of the building! The vendor told me he pays 46,000 baht/month for his small shop.

Edited by BB1950