Video Phone For House

craigt3365

My video phone has died. Not sure why, but it needs to be replaced. I think some water got into the outside unit during the "horizontal" rains last week or so.

Rimmer: I got it at that place you recommended in Tukcom, but he is not there any more. We wandered around every floor and could not find anybody who sells video phones. CCTV, etc., there are lots of stores. But none had a video phone for the front door. We also checked at HomeWorks on Suk.

I did find a door bell that has a speaker phone, but no video. It's at a shop on Thepprasit, and was 1800B. Their video phone was 10k Baht! We drove all up and down Thepprasit but could not find anything else.

Does anybody know where to get one of these from??? I would appreciate the help.

Craig

I bought mine near you, at the Ban Amphur Home Mart on Sukhumvit near the Ambassador Hotel. It was a special order item.

The electrical supply shop on Thepprasit across from the PTT gas station can also supply them.

If you suspect the outside unit and you know the model, you just replace just that rather than buying a whole set. If I recall the outside unit runs about 5000 baht. If I recall the Home Mart sells Kocera (sp?) models and the electrical supply on Thepprasit sells Bicino (sp?) models.

Great! Thanks! I think that's the electrical shop I visited. The one for 1800B was voice only and was Bicino (sp?). It did look nice.

I think the one I have is an unbranded model from China. It won't be easy to find a replacement...and it was very cheap. :(

Great! Thanks! I think that's the electrical shop I visited. The one for 1800B was voice only and was Bicino (sp?). It did look nice.

I think the one I have is an unbranded model from China. It won't be easy to find a replacement...and it was very cheap. :(

My mistake, I thought the Bicino (sp?) had a camera and was about 18,000 baht.

The Kocera (sp?) for sure, has a camera. They had either a color or B/W model. I bought the B/W model for about 16,000 baht. I wish I had bought the color instead, because sometimes the B/W image is hard to make out.

Checkout the Home Mart in Ban Amphur.

Edited by BB1950

The one with voice only was 1800B. The one with a very nice looking video monitor was 10k Baht. Not sure if it was color or B&W. A bit over my budget. I think the one I bought was 3500-4500B or so.

Yermanee: I have thought about a ding dong only. Problem is, if I am not mistaken, it has an electrical hookup on both parts. I only have a phone line run to the front gate...as that's what's required for the video phone. Not sure what would be necessary to get a full electrical hookup...but I am researching that for sure!!!!!

Thanks!

The one with voice only was 1800B. The one with a very nice looking video monitor was 10k Baht. Not sure if it was color or B&W. A bit over my budget. I think the one I bought was 3500-4500B or so.

Yermanee: I have thought about a ding dong only. Problem is, if I am not mistaken, it has an electrical hookup on both parts. I only have a phone line run to the front gate...as that's what's required for the video phone. Not sure what would be necessary to get a full electrical hookup...but I am researching that for sure!!!!!

Thanks!

Hi Craig,

My ding dong is wireless and I think some of the Spycams are wireless too.

Goodluck

Yermanee :jap:

Thanks!

A proper color I/R camera will only be 2500 Baht the telephone cable already there will carry a 12volt supply to power it and a coaxial for the signal can easily be pulled through all those empty conduits I told you to lay under the concrete for just this emergency, you did put them in right? Oh and I have a 50mtr. pull through wire :whistling:

Thanks!

A proper color I/R camera will only be 2500 Baht the telephone cable already there will carry a 12volt supply to power it and a coaxial for the signal can easily be pulled through all those empty conduits I told you to lay under the concrete for just this emergency, you did put them in right? Oh and I have a 50mtr. pull through wire :whistling:

But an i/r camera will probably not work on the screen he has,he will need the whole outdoor unit.

Thanks!

Ha! I'm pretty sure there are conduits under the sidewalk...at least I saw lots of tubing under there before they laid down the walk way....but we'll see.

Thanks BB! I'll try and call that ad...