My Truemove-H Impressions

muratremix

Does anyone know if it's available in Samui and if so how is the coverage there (I'll be staying in Bophut). Ive been reading couple of threads but cant really determine if its available there or not. On trues homesite on their english site theres no mention about Samui coverage but on their Thai site I can see coverage for Samui, dont know if its for their truemove-h coverage thou.

Does anyone know?

Thank!

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My experience...

I live here in Chiang Mai, I had Truemove's postpaid Freesize for 599 baht and was averaging between 4-5mbps...

Two weeks ago I went into the Truemove store in Airport Plaza and asked to be converted to Truemove H. Was directed to the right side counter and filled out the one page MNP form... Very easy and also they wanted a copy of my passport - accepted my Thai drivers license... The lady gave me the new microsim (I have iPhone4) and said that in 4-7 days the old sim would stop working and then I could put in the new sim...

In exactly 7 days I got a text message saying the sim would change over the next day... Next day the old sim didn't work and I put in the new sim fine... The new network TRUE-H appeared with a 3G next to it (see screen shot below)

The only thing I initially had problem with was the tethering option had disappeared... But I also got a text referring me to their website to manually set up the APN http://www.truemove-h.com/helpsupport_apnsettings.aspx

Once I set this up and rebooted the tethering option reappeared...

Below is screen show from my house here in Chiang Mai (I live inside the Moat)

photo.jpg?psid=1

I have traveled around several areas since including Hua Hin & Suvarnabhumi Airport and I average between 5-6mbps... I have never got a reading above 6mbps...

Given that they advertise H speed at 44mbps I was expecting to see my iPhone 4 top out at at its max of 7.2mbps (This is the iPhones 4 physical speed limit)... Nowhere have I seen that...

But between 5-6 mbps on average isn't shabby!... In return I lost my Freesize plans SMS quota and 1/3 of my fair Use Quota (Truemove 3gb - Truemove H 2gb/month) Either of which is of little consequence to me.

I assume the speed will increase over time as the system is built out...

Edited by sfokevin

Given that they advertise H speed at 44mbps I was expecting to see my iPhone 4 top out at at its max of 7.2mbps (This is the iPhones 4 physical speed limit)... Nowhere have I seen that...

I'm intrigued by that comment. Is there also a limit on WiFi speeds on iPhone4? At home where I have a desktop computer, notebook computer and my iPhone4 all connected to the same WiFi router, my computers both get ~9Mbps on a speedtest.net test to the Bangkok server, but the iPhone4 tops out just around 5Mbps.

I'm intrigued by that comment. Is there also a limit on WiFi speeds on iPhone4? At home where I have a desktop computer, notebook computer and my iPhone4 all connected to the same WiFi router, my computers both get ~9Mbps on a speedtest.net test to the Bangkok server, but the iPhone4 tops out just around 5Mbps.

Scroll down to Model Comparison/Cellular Connectivity at wikipedia.org:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iphone

Here is Truemove H faq:

http://www.truemove.com/3g/en/faqs-1.html

I am wondering if I am limited in speed to the 5.76 Mbit/s HSUPA?

Also should one see a "H" instead of the "3G"?...

photo.jpg?psid=1

Edited by sfokevin

I purchased truemove-h and am using it in my iphone 4 but when I try to share internet connection theres no internet thetering button, if I change my sim card to AIS then it appears again. Does anyone know if true support internet tethering in iphone? Do I have to by an aircard to be able to surf on the internet with my truemove card?

edit: also if i need an aircard would truemoves aircard that they are advertising for 1.790 suffice?

Thanks

Edited by ilCapitano79

• 7 months later...

True Move is the worst provider I do know. For over 6 month they stolen my money. They withdraw 6.42 Baht for over 100 times. It's almost a 1000 Baht. I had to go to the True shop over 6 times. And .... they couldn't fix it. They always promissed me, that it will not happen again. Only empty words.

Till today I wait for a sorry and the return of my money.

They fail in every way.

^ This thread is more about TrueMove H, and their 3G service, rather than TrueMove, but I understand your need to vent.

I suspect you may have inadvertently been subscribed to one of the Notification services like for the one offered for FaceBook updates? These may be 6 baht so with VAT 6.42 baht. Many, many people have been complaining about this. I think TrueMove will make restitution if you are persistent? It may go without saying that we all should probably look at our bills, statements, accounts occasionally, but I understand TrueMove may not proactively offer detailed account statements, not so much out of a nefarious plan, but solely based on incompetence. There is a reason, OK maybe a whole bunch of reasons, why they remain the #3 provider after all, and continue to lose money year after year. ;)

^ This thread is more about TrueMove H, and their 3G service, rather than TrueMove, but I understand your need to vent.

I suspect you may have inadvertently been subscribed to one of the Notification services like for the one offered for FaceBook updates? These may be 6 baht so with VAT 6.42 baht. Many, many people have been complaining about this. I think TrueMove will make restitution if you are persistent? It may go without saying that we all should probably look at our bills, statements, accounts occasionally, but I understand TrueMove may not proactively offer detailed account statements, not so much out of a nefarious plan, but solely based on incompetence. There is a reason, OK maybe a whole bunch of reasons, why they remain the #3 provider after all, and continue to lose money year after year. wink.png

After you suggesting I look at TrueMove H I went and bought a compatable Galaxy Note. I went and applied to change to TMH, the 649 Baht package, They gave me the sim but said 2-3 weeks to change over ... keeping my number. So 5/6/12 is now the changeover date ... received the text a few days ago ... so will be about 3 weeks! So at present are still on my old sim and True package.

• 1 month later...

True-H in Chiang Mai is a significant downgrade. I had been using TrueMove 3G since August of last year. I had download speeds, on average, of 4+ Mbps, 3 gig fair usage, 250 min talk, 300 (I think) SMS and unlimited Wi-Fi access on my iPhone 3GS. The coverage was fairly good except when you leave CM, about 20 minutes out, around 15-20 km 3G disappeared and eventually even Edge would come and go all the way to Mae Sai. Last February I was in Vientiane and was pleased to find 3G access from Nong Khai when down by the river. Over all not too bad.

Then True-H arrived for me a little over 2 months ago. Their website has a map that boasts that the entire country is covered – total BS. The signal dropped off just like TrueMove, about 15-20 km north of the city, 3G was gone and the same drop in and out of the network. My download speeds have dropped to around 2.5 Mbps, they have reduced the fair usage policy to 1.5 gig, 250 min talk, 50 SMS, and 1 hour Wi-Fi access for the same price I was paying TrueMove. Then the last straw was Tuesday when I arrived in Vientiane and found no 3G at all. There is no 3G in Nong Khai at all so no 3G in Vientiane.

They offer a significantly reduced service package for the same price. I will be shifting to one of the other companies, True-H and their website can take their service and.... well, you get my drift.