Big Price Difference!

drake

thaifrench isnt as bad as tesco meat.. its closer to bad meat back home and 30%~ of the time you get a really good batch.

You did not answer my question, you are rambling on again

Thai/French beef is Thai beef as you now agree

Where do you buy your imported beef mince from

And what has meat to do with cars.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mince is mince its only the fat content that makes the difference

The older the beef the tastier the mince

BK use low fat content mince the same as you get from the main tesco lotus store

They only import the expensive cuts of meat here although i have seen imported lamb mince at Macro

Do you disagree that normal Thai beef is inedible unless minced?

makro, Thai beef tenderloin at approx 450 baht/Kg. Not bad :)

Mince is mince its only the fat content that makes the difference

The older the beef the tastier the mince

BK use low fat content mince the same as you get from the main tesco lotus store

They only import the expensive cuts of meat here although i have seen imported lamb mince at Macro

Do you disagree that normal Thai beef is inedible unless minced?

makro, Thai beef tenderloin at approx 450 baht/Kg. Not bad :)

The last time there i asked a farang restaurant owner which meat he was buying, he had a lot of it

He told me Thai beef tenderloin and said the imported meat was better but also twice the price

I buy my mince at the main tesco lotus store and thought you did the same at 160 baht a KG :)

The one time i saw bulk mince at Makro it was at least 30% fat

The last time there i asked a farang restaurant owner which meat he was buying, he had a lot of it

He told me Thai beef tenderloin and said the imported meat was better but also twice the price

I buy my mince at the main tesco lotus store and thought you did the same at 160 baht a KG :)

The one time i saw bulk mince at Makro it was at least 30% fat

yep, minced at Tesco in town/bypass, find it better than most, made tacos last night and not much fat/water to give to dog, I d say 10-12% fat/water, legal limit back home is 12% for the real thing

often imported frozen is not better at 2-3 times the price of fresh vacumpacked Thai tenderloin. Often been partly or fully defrosted at some point

kbb you know how a lot of people(thaicruze) embarass themselves in the motor forum? Well you're doing just like him now. You cant compare 'thai fresh beef' which is underfed with no nutriments and has no marbling to the AUS beef which is grass fed and for a few baht more is already aged 180days. If you buy the full tenderloin/ribeye or whatever part you want it doesnt come to much more than the thai meat yet is at least better by 300%

Would bet that if you brought mr ramsay here and blinded him for a beef taste, he'd gag on most regular thai beef

Edited by thaiIand

kbb you know how a lot of people(thaicruze) embarass themselves in the motor forum? Well you're doing just like him now. You cant compare 'thai fresh beef' which is underfed with no nutriments and has no marbling to the AUS beef which is grass fed and for a few baht more is already aged 180days. If you buy the full tenderloin/ribeye or whatever part you want it doesnt come to much more than the thai meat yet is at least better by 300%

Would bet that if you brought mr ramsay here and blinded him for a beef taste, he'd gag on most regular thai beef

I have purchased OZ and Japs beef fresh on several occasions, mostly at Villa Market, but a few baht more is like 1500-2200 baht/Kg. So for my twice a week steak beef medium/ rare dinners, I prefere to get full Thai tenderloins vacum packed at 1/4 the price. It also simplifies domestic logistics, as my GF uses the Thai tenderloin for Thai cooking.

I am not embarassed to admit my limited purchasing power, thus beef goes with inexpensive red wine :)

hard to find excellent petite pois tho, since carrefour left. just tried an american canned, barely eatable

If you're going to eat beef, go to Japan or the US where it is grain fed and marbled. I just won't eat any of the stuff here anymore!

Aussie beef is grass fed so is most Thai beef

Aussie beef is aged because its shipped to Thailand

Thai/French beef is a trade name its still Thai beef and you buy it

I cannot see where KBB is embarrassing himself you should read your own posts

Japanese beef which is marbled with fat is 3000 baht a KG in Villa Mart or 300 baht a 100 grams

If you're going to eat beef, go to Japan or the US where it is grain fed and marbled. I just won't eat any of the stuff here anymore!

2.2k baht sometimes on sale for a whole tenderloin/ribeye vacuumed at tops central. Pretty decent marbles AUS imported.

Sometimes they have 180 day aged aus beef at 1000baht/kg

Aussie beef is grass fed so is most Thai beef

Aussie beef is aged because its shipped to Thailand

Thai/French beef is a trade name its still Thai beef and you buy it

I cannot see where KBB is embarrassing himself you should read your own posts

Japanese beef which is marbled with fat is 3000 baht a KG in Villa Mart or 300 baht a 100 grams

You just embarrassed yourself.

Aged because it is shipped. lol

Yes all beef is all the same grade. Just as a 5$ bottle of wine is the same as a 1000$ bottle of wine.

Yes all beef is all the same grade. Just as a 5$ bottle of wine is the same as a 1000$ bottle of wine.

Frozen beef is sent here by ship not by plane, from slaughter to shop 90 days is not unreasonable

The Aussie and USA beef i have seen in Villa Mart is aged 90 days

Japanese beef is marbled because it is fed on grain and beer and massaged every day Aussie beef

is not, Aussie scotch fillet has fat in it but its not marbled

How have i embarrassed myself

You should read your own posts

Frozen beef is sent here by ship not by plane, from slaughter to shop 90 days is not unreasonable

The Aussie and USA beef i have seen in Villa Mart is aged 90 days

Japanese beef is marbled because it is fed on grain and beer and massaged every day Aussie beef

is not, Aussie scotch fillet has fat in it but its not marbled

How have i embarrassed myself

You should read your own posts

I meant the cows are massaged daily not the actual beef

I think its called Wagill beef or something similar

You just re-embarrassed yourself. Marbles are the little lines of fat. All beef has marbles.. Its just that some lower quality products have a lot less or they have a large chunk of concentrated fat.

and lol comparing 90days shipping with 180days dry aging.

Are you a pro mama noodle cook?

in this day and age when someone is too .... to open wikipedia and type beef marble its as bad as thai drivers

http://en.wikipedia....ki/Marbled_meat

Marbled meat is meat, especially red meat, which contains various amounts of intramuscular fat, giving it an appearance similar to a marble pattern.

even pork from tesco has marbles.

Edited by thaiIand

Hmmmm ... I would remind members that this topic is about price difference between McD & BK or other fast food burger joints. No need to get into a slanging match about beef quality from other countries or assorted retail shop outlets. Lets stay on fast food burgers places. Thank you.

• 2 weeks later...

i often make meals involving minced beef and separate them in the middle. Half tesco/cheap tops meat and half thai french or imported aus/nz

Not only the thai french and aus/nz looks a lot better visually, the food does not taste alike at ALL.

I hate how in this day and age people who no food knowledge always talk as if their taste are as good as anyone else's. It's like a guy whos just had his first honda jazz starts going on a mechanics forum and pissing on a bunch of better car just because his car runs decently.

Actually, everyone's tastes are as "good" as everyone else's. So what if one person likes Annie Green Springs Apple Wine and another likes Chateau Latour? Or if one person likes McDonalds and another matzuzaka steak? All our tastes are personal, and liking one thing over the other does not make anyone better or worse than anyone else.

I consider myself a fairly knowledgeable foodie, yet I have a liking for peanut butter, jam, and Miracle Whip sandwiches. And while I like real pastrami, I actually like the fake turkey pastrami better. Neither one of those affections make my taste better or worse than anyone else's.