What Can I Do On 65K Baht A Month.

Hello guys,apologies for my ignorance considering the huge amount of info on here.

BUT.

I've been to Pattaya many times and usually on 1 year non-o's before recent changes.

I'm British, over 60 years old with at least 60k a month pension.....obviously would be more if the exchange rates were as favourable as a few years ago.

...no large capitol as the 800k i see on other posts.

Would like to stay at least 5 years without usual border runs.

is it possible,and if so, how?...dont want to marry a thai unless one comes along and is irresistable.

I know there probably will be many posts on this but ive been searching and quess what...cant seem to track any down.

thanks in advance

As said you only need to meet the 800k per year with a combination of income and bank deposit to extend on a yearly basis at Immigration so if you have 80k or so in a local bank account for several months each year and get an embassy letter of your income for 60k or so it should not be a problem.

60k / month is 720 k / year.

So to fulfill the req. for the combined income/savings method, only 80 k are missing.

I you can save (lend) the equivalent of this sum and transfer it from UK to a Thai bank account in your name, you would qualify for the yearly extension (no need for visa runs).

The money needs to be there for 3 months. Afterwards you can use it. But for the next extension another transfer is necessary.

---

Others are sooo quick.

My PC had crashed inbetween :)

Edited by KhunBENQ

If you can prove the 65,000 baht per month income your in the clear as far as a retirement visa goes as mentioned above. As you list this amount in your title you just have to make sure it is accurate.

And you can certainly live comfortably in Thailand with that amount of income if your priorities are managed appropriately.

I have often seen people drop 10,000 baht a night in Pattaya bar hopping and that is without a honey to go along with it.

If your requirements are modest you can get along fine but the place you mention may not be the best place to do it IMHO.

60k / month is 720 k / year.

So to fulfill the req. for the combined income/savings method, only 80 k are missing.

I you can save (lend) the equivalent of this sum and transfer it from UK to a Thai bank account in your name, you would qualify for the yearly extension (no need for visa runs).

The money needs to be there for 3 months. Afterwards you can use it. But for the next extension another transfer is necessary.

---

Others are sooo quick.

My PC had crashed inbetween :)

I will stand corrected but I believe that the bank deposit does not have to 'season' if you are using the combination method.

Money needs to be in the bank for 2 months on first application.

If using combination it has to be in the bank on the day you apply.

(1) The alien has obtained a temporary visa (NON-IM);

(2) The applicant is 50 years of age or over;

(3) Proof of income of not less than Baht 65,000 per month; or

(4) Account deposit with a bank in Thailand of not less than

800,000 Baht as shown in the bank account for the past 3 months at the filing date of the application. For the first year, the applicant should have that amount in his bank account for not less than 60 days or

(5) Annual income plus bank account deposit totaling not less

than Baht 800,000 as of the filing date of application

Go with Steves advice or go and live in Cambodia for almost nothing to show and visit Thailand on ocassion. Show your embassy that you have 65,000baht coming into an account, they will give you a letter for immigration comfirming this and that is a done deal.

Edited by Colabamumbai

Money needs to be in the bank for 2 months on first application.

If using combination it has to be in the bank on the day you apply.

(1) The alien has obtained a temporary visa (NON-IM);

(2) The applicant is 50 years of age or over;

(3) Proof of income of not less than Baht 65,000 per month; or

(4) Account deposit with a bank in Thailand of not less than

800,000 Baht as shown in the bank account for the past 3 months at the filing date of the application. For the first year, the applicant should have that amount in his bank account for not less than 60 days or

(5) Annual income plus bank account deposit totaling not less

than Baht 800,000 as of the filing date of application

He's talking about using the combination method. so the above is, at best, confusing.

The money (80K) need only be in the bank on the day of application, if he submits proof of 60K/month income.

A previous post said money had to be in bank 3 months which is not true for first application so above corrects that. Money normally does not need to be in bank for any set period when using combination so above answers that with "If using combination it has to be in the bank on the day you apply."

trying to get by on the bare amount is not giving you any cover for misaps and there will be a few in patts.if one comes along which you say is irrisistible bang goes your income,too many have come to los with what they think is plenty only to find out the hard way.there are plenty of stories to read on tvisa.gen.top.familly so have a good read before you make up your mind.i can tell you and many others can that whats on offer will be irrisistible.

I have 3 pensions and I get a letter from the British Consulate in Chiang Mai every year.

What I do is get my pension provider to give me a letter stating the gross amount of my pensions (ie before tax) which takes me reasonably into a comfort zone for immigration and they are happy with that.

I took that to CM and the young Thai lady there is very helpful and this year offered a photocopy of the Consulate letter. The original letter was embossed with the embassy seal which the Immigration at Nakhon Sawan kept but I scanned it anyway for my records.

I hope this helps you.

Edited by billd766