Immigration Office Flooded?

Supakamo

Hi,

I am in Lampang and typically drive up past Lamphun, then take a left at Don Jan intersection Airport Road.

Can I make it to the immigration office in a small car? is it open?

I have just a couple days left on my three month stay, and need to extend to year long marraige family visit before it expires.

Also, I just learned from this forum that there is a problem with the que, as in I get there and there is no opportunity to even see an officer? Is this true? it's too late for me to make an online appointment as I just learned of this. Years ago, I just showed up at the office. what's a guy to do?

I am in Lampang and typically drive up past Lamphun, then take a left at Don Jan intersection Airport Road.

Can I make it to the immigration office in a small car? is it open?

I have just a couple days left on my three month stay, and need to extend to year long marraige family visit before it expires.

Also, I just learned from this forum that there is a problem with the que, as in I get there and there is no opportunity to even see an officer? Is this true? it's too late for me to make an online appointment as I just learned of this. Years ago, I just showed up at the office. what's a guy to do?

I don't know for sure if it's open, but the area it's in (airport) is bone dry.

However, in the absence of a recent update on the Aom Muang Road area, I would not take a left at Don Jan; I'm not sure if it's still blocked, but I would probably go around the Superhighway, Nimmanhaemin, then go through the Airforce base (even without a sticker I would try asking if you can cross, due to the flooding situation. But if they don't let you through then just towards the moat along Suthep road, then South towards the airport.

Edited by WinnieTheKhwai

No flooding issues at the immigration office. You can check the availability of an online slot reading the pinned topic. If you arrive early, like before 8:00 - preferably 7:00 - 7:30, you will probably be ok. It is important to have your documents in order, copies of what is necessary and all signed. Photographs also.

I was there Tuesday for my extension but had a queue number from the online system. At 9:00 AM the line ran from the queue machine down the wall and all the way across the room.

Thanks. It's too late to get an online slot.

Will take an alternate route to the office, which I am sure is open if it is dry. So, don chan is blocked then?

Been to the office twice (the first time they left out some of the details of what I needed, I guess because they love seeing me so much) and they didn't ever tell me anything about the cue filling up or getting there early or anything. I guess they are hoping for a fourth visit from me.

Maybe the flood will keep people away from the office tomorrow?

Edited by Supakamo

Thanks. It's too late to get an online slot.

Will take an alternate route to the office, which I am sure is open if it is dry. So, don chan is blocked then?

No, Don Jan is fine I think, but not sure if you run into trouble near the river on Aom Muang road.

Another thought: Try taking the Outer Ring road. If you can't take it then it'll be obvious real soon (before you hit the Old Lamphun road intersection) so you can turn back and go around North.

Without an appointment, I'd advise the OP to arrive at Immigration by 6:30 am or 7 am if he absolutely, positively must get an visa extension that day. Perhaps he can come into CM this afternoon and spend the night, so he's not trying to drive thru flooded roads before dawn tomorrow.